The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Do you have Instagram? Here's mine...

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Do you have an Instagram account?

• Yes

Votes: 26 76.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Merry Christmas, Fastlane.

In 2017, @Ubermensch will "go public."

Until recently, I've always been a live and work "in the shadows" type of guy. Next year, this will all change in rather dramatic fashion.

Part of this "blow up" will include a significant presence on social media, which means growing my Instagram account past its small state now.

Add me, and let's talk money: @whealthandpower or www.instagram.com/whealthandpower

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Cobrah

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 5, 2015
No offense, but: what @craig1928 said.

Aside from that: what's your goal with this account? An influencer like business or becoming an instagram celebrity for ego reasons? If it's the latter, that's perfectly fine too of course. I'm also doing this (for fun). Just wondering..

Utopia

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 7, 2016
Traveling
Yeah what's the deal with this?

Cool you have 2k followers with 8 posts. Are you growing the Instagram or not? These are paid followers?

Alxander

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 5, 2015
Will you send me an automatic link to your get rich quick scheme when I follow you?

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Yeah what's the deal with this?

Cool you have 2k followers with 8 posts. Are you growing the Instagram or not? These are paid followers?

I'm not here to speak for the OP, but most people here are not paying for their followers at the FastLane. Most likely they are gaining their followers by either following other people or liking other peoples photos.

Even for those that are trying to "boost their ego," if done correctly can lead to some great outcomes. I look at Instagram as one big magnet. You either attract people, or you repel them. Position yourself correctly, and you will have plenty of people coming to you for whatever reason it may be. Some of those requests can open up some pretty nice doors.

Utopia

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 7, 2016
Traveling
I'm not here to speak for the OP, but most people here are not paying for their followers at the FastLane. Most likely they are gaining their followers by either following other people or liking other peoples photos.

Even for those that are trying to "boost their ego," if done correctly can lead to some great outcomes. I look at Instagram as one big magnet. You either attract people, or you repel them. Position yourself correctly, and you will have plenty of people coming to you for whatever reason it may be. Some of those requests can open up some pretty nice doors.
Dude look at the account before talking. The guy has 8 posts with over 2,000 followers. Obviously, something is going on here. Can't even take your advice seriously. Listen and observe before you speak.

Arrived2015

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 30, 2014
England
Mikkel said:
Even for those that are trying to "boost their ego," if done correctly can lead to some great outcomes.
Agree!

Especially if there is an easy way for Instagram users to get in contact for outcomes to begin;)

If no contact details in bio, then users have to scroll through your images to find contact details in your embedded images or in the sidebar messages. As you are allowed 1 URL in your bio - why waste an opportunity for possible financial expansion using Instagram by leaving out where to find you with one click?

Just got myself started a few days ago actually!
Would suggest that you add a contact link in your bio. At the mo there isn't one.

Many reasons why having one can be advantageous on your FastLane journey!

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Dude look at the account before talking. The guy has 8 posts with over 2,000 followers. Obviously, something is going on here. Can't even take your advice seriously. Listen and observe before you speak.

It's funny how I have come to dislike certain people over the internet after only reading a few comments from them, over only a couple of threads...

However, I suppose I will explain what I said. I introduced my sentence with:
I'm not here to speak for the OP

So that should indicate that I was trying to help you understand how most people grow their account. I clearly am not the OP, so I cannot speak on his behalf. I did however check his IG before I wrote this message; so he is 1 month inactive, as have been my IG accounts at times. I'm not here to determine the status of his account.

Also, my most recent account has only 6 photos with 3,000 followers and I don't have fake followers, I simply like peoples photos and they follow back, hence the rest of the first statement:

However, you are free to take my advice or leave it. I have spent a year and some change with Instagram learning everything I could possible learn. There are not a whole lot of people that are at that stage I am in with Instagram(80K followers) and sharing and recording every little detail that I have, as well as responding to people and their questions.

The second half of my statement was geared towards my observation and a response to an earlier post. For myself, I have had doors open up for me due to Instagram. For instance, last week I received a message out of the blue from a well known Youtuber to help him grow his IG account. I did not contacted him first, he just messaged me randomly(I was not even offering my serves.)

So, I don't know. Maybe my knowledge is not credible at all.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago

Yes, this is essentially what happens with me. I have not bought any followers, although I haven't ruled out the idea at all. If I do this, however, I'd probably start a separate account and experiment that way. I want this account to grow naturally and organically.

In spring of this year, I will begin staying and living in Puerto Rico, to take advantage of Tax Act 20 and Tax Act 22. Hustling in a hammock, living the dream, I plan to have cameras around me most of the time.

Last year, I ran into an intolerable level of opposition and negativity, from many different directions and sources. In 2016, I completed the due diligence on a new business venture that I am now in the early stages of launching. The success of this endeavor will produce extraordinary profits and this will give me a platform as a legitimate expert.

I have "lived in the dark" and worked in the shadows for a long time. Years, in fact. Last year, more than one individual - people close to me, so-called "friends," - attempted to circumvent me and do business directly with contractors, suppliers, vendors and consultants that they would have never accessed without me. In addition to this, the same people made attempts to damage my reputation.
2017 is the year of revenge.

And you know what they say: $UCCE$$ is the best revenge.

No matter what happens, I will close deals, and these deals will consist of multi-million dollar construction projects. Projects that range from a few million to tens of millions and perhaps even hundreds of millions of dollars in total size.

I make money on the phone, just like Gordon Gekko. I learned how to sell on the phone - in part - by a chief executive at MacFarlane Partners, a real estate private equity group with $20,000,000,000 (twenty billion) under management. After this, I started my energy brokerage.

I know the big money game. The gargantuan incomes of hedge fund managers - although outside of my purview of construction, energy and energy efficiency - inspire me. My new endeavor actually mirrors the hedge fund model in a fundamental, yet basic, way.

My loud and ignorant critics, the disrespect from inferior hustlers, carping from people jealous of my physical beauty, butt-hurt whiners complaining about the size of my ego - all of this helped motivate and inspire me to put my name in the lights and waltz onto the world stage.

Few things will bring me the satisfaction of rubbing my outrageous success in the faces of all those who turned their noses up at me, and snorted at my declarations of greatness (which, at times, were the last-resort of a soul fighting to keep the world from crushing its spirit of self-belief).

People are watching. They see ill-informed dolts take irrational shots in my direction. They see the strong reactions - some positive, some negative - that my mere existence elicits. They can smell the smoke billowing from the mushroom-cloud shaped fire in @Ubermensch sentences - enough rage to murder the game and leave no witnesses.

I take my hustling as seriously as I take life itself. I live to make deals. Nothing makes me happier. The rush of seeing great minds collaborate on commercial transactions of the highest order, participating in business at the highest level, speculating and strategizing deals that - in some cases - are larger than entire industries of other hustlers.

People are watching. This weekend alone, people from the fast lane and elsewhere sent me messages on Instagram, Skype, and one commented on a picture.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, and I'll keep saying it. I don't write for most people. Most people don't and can't relate.

I write for the select few that see the universe (or, at least, the world) in the same way that I do: $ > everything. Those are the people that reach out.

I, like Leonidas, understand the power of a few of the best versus hordes of the rest.

Last edited:

AubreyJ

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 26, 2014
Plano, TX
not trying to be negative at all just giving constructive advice-

1) your account handle isn't very good. When I read this thread I typed it into Instagram and initially wrote "@wealthandpower" and it took me to a different account, I had to take a double take at this thread to realize it said "@wHealthandpower".

2) your photos are dark, blurry and all in all very low quality. Look at the popular accounts on instagram (celebrities may be the exception to this), but all photos are high quality, clear, sharp and bright. You want your photos to catch the users eyes, and your photos are very easy to swipe past because there is nothing special about them because they are dim and blurry.

just my 2 cents

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
not trying to be negative at all just giving constructive advice-

1) your account handle isn't very good. When I read this thread I typed it into Instagram and initially wrote "@wealthandpower" and it took me to a different account, I had to take a double take at this thread to realize it said "@wHealthandpower".

2) your photos are dark, blurry and all in all very low quality. Look at the popular accounts on instagram (celebrities may be the exception to this), but all photos are high quality, clear, sharp and bright. You want your photos to catch the users eyes, and your photos are very easy to swipe past because there is nothing special about them because they are dim and blurry.

just my 2 cents

Lol, yes you are right.

I take horrible photos. All of the photos I've ever shared - either on IG or here - are at least a couple of years old, and I was goofing off/not taking it seriously.

The results, though, considering that I've not paid for any followers, aren't bad. The purpose of the IG is business (to connect with salespeople) and pleasure (to meet girls). So far, it's worked out well on both fronts.

When I make the move to the beach, professionals will take the pictures - and my focus will be posing with the models, not taking wack selfies, lmfao.

Last edited:

LucasJames

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 2, 2017
Uk
I find it hard to believe you gained that many followers by just liking photos. Especially seen as you dont even follow that many, most people on instagram will unfollow if not followed back, the only thing that would prevent them from doing this would be if your page actually had intersting pictures, which as you have admitted it doesnt.

It took me and my buddies about 1.5 years to gain 2100 followers on one of our lifestyle insta accounts, and that was with us posting quality content multiple times a day. I'm almost 100% sure that you bought followers, especially when you made the concession that you wouldn't be against it in the future.

Just remember bro, faux wealth destroys real wealth.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
I find it hard to believe you gained that many followers by just liking photos. Especially seen as you dont even follow that many, most people on instagram will unfollow if not followed back, the only thing that would prevent them from doing this would be if your page actually had intersting pictures, which as you have admitted it doesnt.

It took me and my buddies about 1.5 years to gain 2100 followers on one of our lifestyle insta accounts, and that was with us posting quality content multiple times a day. I'm almost 100% sure that you bought followers, especially when you made the concession that you wouldn't be against it in the future.

Just remember bro, faux wealth destroys real wealth.
It took me and my buddies about 1.5 years to gain 2100 followers on one of our lifestyle insta accounts

If that is the case you are doing something wrong, I gained 500 followers in the first week of posting on my business IG account. His numbers are 100% believable.

LucasJames

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 2, 2017
Uk
It took me and my buddies about 1.5 years to gain 2100 followers on one of our lifestyle insta accounts

If that is the case you are doing something wrong, I gained 500 followers in the first week of posting on my business IG account. His numbers are 100% believable.

I have to disagree, have you seen his posts?

I'm not saying the numbers aren't possible I'm saying they're impossible when you look at his account.

motosnipe

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Jul 20, 2016
Pennsylvania
My instagram is @motosnipe. My account bounced around in quite a few ways...started with my personal bikes and cars, car events and so on. Then to just posting nice cars and bikes for all to see for awhile...then I got hit with the bug and urge to better my life. More recently I began posting a bunch of motivational pictures with quotes. I know...cliche and kind of overplayed. However, I never paid for a single follower or like or anything, which I am somewhat proud of. Now to make some money off of it somehow lol.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.