The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My struggle is my life, My struggle provides GIFTS!

Anything related to matters of the mind

corius

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Nov 16, 2016
Nebraska
This post has been a long time in my head. Fear has held me back from posting this.

I joined this forum last year with completely in the wrong mind set. I joined thinking I will find some secret to getting rich easy. Hoping someone would give me the secret key and unlock the door for me. I want to apologize to everyone for that.

The pain point that changed me happened on 2/22/17 when I lost hearing in one ear at my job. It made me realize just how much I mean to the company. I was a 90 hour a week employee making 100 000 k a year on an hourly wage (I was hitting 14 - 16 hours a day 7 days a week). Going from "a super employee" to a "dirt bag" in the companies eyes (for getting injured) in a heartbeat is what changed my mindset.

This experience has gotten me thinking

and here is what i came up with.

Every time there has been a struggle in my life it has provided great gifts. Here are some examples.

At 19 i came to the USA from South Africa. A duffle full of clothes and $100 in my pocket . My gift is that no matter what gets taken from me i will always be able to climb to the top again

I joined the US Army and the struggles were many. Being pushed further past my limits than i ever thought possible. The gifts were to many to name.

And then the most recent struggle. I had a drop of melted steel fall in my ear, melt trough the earplug i was wearing and destroy my hearing in my left ear. I'm waiting for surgery in mid April and working in the office till the surgery date. The gifts are already amazing because it has opened my mind and eyes. I see now how easy it is to go from hero to zero in the slowlane. And this is only the beginning.

This has been a very very long way to say this. Thank you MJ. I have forgotten all the great gifts that i have received when i got sucked into the slowlane mentality.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Young-Gun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Mar 8, 2014
Austin, TX
This post has been a long time in my head. Fear has held me back from posting this.

I joined this forum last year with completely in the wrong mind set. I joined thinking I will find some secret to getting rich easy. Hoping someone would give me the secret key and unlock the door for me. I want to apologize to everyone for that.

The pain point that changed me happened on 2/22/17 when I lost hearing in one ear at my job. It made me realize just how much I mean to the company. I was a 90 hour a week employee making 100 000 k a year on an hourly wage (I was hitting 14 - 16 hours a day 7 days a week). Going from "a super employee" to a "dirt bag" in the companies eyes (for getting injured) in a heartbeat is what changed my mindset.

This experience has gotten me thinking

and here is what i came up with.

Every time there has been a struggle in my life it has provided great gifts. Here are some examples.

At 19 i came to the USA from South Africa. A duffle full of clothes and $100 in my pocket . My gift is that no matter what gets taken from me i will always be able to climb to the top again

I joined the US Army and the struggles were many. Being pushed farther past my limits than i ever thought possible. The gifts were many to many to name.

And then the most recent struggle. I had a drop of melted steel fall in my ear, melt trough the earplug i was wearing and destroy my hearing in my left ear. I'm waiting for surgery in mid April and working in the office till the surgery date. The gifts are already amazing because it has opened my mind and eyes. I see now how easy it is to go from hero to zero in the slowlane. And this is only the beginning.

This has been a very very long way to say this. Thank you MJ. I have forgotten all the great gifts that i have received when i got sucked into the slowlane mentality.

Holy crap man. I don't know you, but you're one of my heroes now.

I know you can do it. Sounds like you're resilient, brave, and hard-working.

Put it all towards your own enterprise. If you never give up, you can never be defeated.

Sending love, bro. 100% behind you - even if it's just in spirit, I hope it helps a little :)

corius

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Nov 16, 2016
Nebraska
Thank you for your comment @Young-Gun. It means allot hearing that from someone so much farther along in there journey.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
By gifts, are you saying things that you have learned?

corius

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Nov 16, 2016
Nebraska
Yes they are things that have been learned @SteveO.

The reason why these and simular learning experiences are being described as gifts, is because if the specific struggles never happened those lessons would never have been learned.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
So you busted your a$$ for someone. In the process you were injured in a serious way. Now you are viewed as a liability or obstacle by the company. Unfortunately, this sounds about right.

You were never a hero, you were a strong asset. That has gone away for the time.

Congrats on your gifts and learnings.

KSR

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 28, 2017
Australia
Unfortunately, sometimes an eye opening can mean losing an eye first.

Go out there and become a success story my friend.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.