The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Get MJ's Next Book, UNSCRIPTED in Pre-Release (Limit 500)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Do you plan on doing some more youtube videos as well?

I don't think I will, really depends on how things unfold. I don't enjoy putting on the guru role.

Also, I really wrote this book at the behest of my readers -- not to expand my market and become the next Gary V or Tai Lopez. What those guys do has ZERO appeal to me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
I don't think I will, really depends on how things unfold. I don't enjoy putting on the guru role.

Also, I really wrote this book at the behest of my readers -- not to expand my market and become the next Gary V or Tai Lopez. What those guys do has ZERO appeal to me.
I respect that. When I was reading the first 5 chapters, I was happy because I said to myself wow, this guy is genuinely here to help and not be like those guru marketers spewing motivational hogwash.

You're like the only guy I trust when it comes to internet stuff. And that's hard to do nowadays, trusting people from the internet.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bump.

Still got some invites left and I'd like to keep this offer unadvertised and for forum regulars only!

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I loved the intro. Absolutely awesome. Had the same feel as TMF but with a much broader look.

That brash cynicism that you see the world with is only hinted at in TMF .

I'm honestly just glad that what's said in the preview mirrors my beliefs as a jaded millennial.

The script sucks. We live in a world where we ease our pain with food, drugs, and mindless escapes. Everything we do is set out for us while the world crumbles in a sea of hate and anger and the people who wrote the script are laughing all the way to their beach homes in Cabo.

Can't wait for the release. I preordered it on AMZ and live in Canada, so guess I gotta wait with the rest of em

Michael1359

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Sep 8, 2014
Finished the first five chapters over the weekend, and they were great! Really a gut-check of sorts, and done in a way that should wake up all but the slowlane of the dead. I'm looking forward to reading the rest!

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Already got my review ready to go....If, theoretically, you were featured on a magazine cover - I take it I should just pull the PNG of the book cover off of your website becaues I don't peg you as being the type to want your face on the cover as the next guru of 2017.:D

---------------------------------------

The script is a way of life.

A life that was once considered "normal". But just because everybody else lives a normal life, it doesn't mean you have to live it too...
  • Stuck in rush hour traffic.
  • Stuck in a job that drains the life out of you.
  • Slaving away 8-5 every day.
  • Constantly drained and exhausted.
Five years ago, I would have read the first 5 chapters of UNSCRIPTED and said to myself "Wow, he is describing my life!" From this Scripted life I was born into, I would look up to the UNSCRIPTED life MJ leads and say to myself "One day, I wish I could live a life like him."

Now, 5 years after reading MJ's first book, The Millionaire Fastlane , I am f*cking surprised that people still live a life that doesn't make them happy. That they haven't yet unplugged from the social conditioning that has been preached to them since they were born.

Today, as I join MJ in a life where both of our alarm clocks are rotting away in some landfill outside of Phoenix Arizona, I still see people stuck in that reality many of us have already broken free from...

I desperately want to shake them by the shoulders and scream:

WAKE UP!!!

There's so much more to life than you are experiencing today.

If this book does for you what The Millionaire Fastlane had done for me, I don't have to because MJ has wrote this book to do it for you. If you feel stuck and are dreaming of a better future, get this book today.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Based on what I've read from you over the years, YEA, you are going to like it. Truth is, other's will not -- and they will find it offensive. But then again, TRUTH is often offensive.

You said something in your first book that really made it sink it for me.

It was something along the lines of "if you find yourself disagreeing or this is offensive, it's because it's true for you"

People who are offended by your book are the ones who need it the most.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

Yeah, right.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Good book = more happy readers = more ravings by readers = more good reviews on Amazon

You'll probably still become a de-facto mastermind of wealth creation and entrepreneurship, though. Talk about gaining millions of sales from TMF without a single penny in ads!

You don't need to become the next Gary V or Tai Lopez. You just need to become the next MJ DeMarco!:)

My review
The SCRIPTED part of the book, retelling the woes and sufferings of mediocrity, is more frightening than in TMF . TMF's Slowlane mediocrity looks like 'meh, I'm in jail', but SCRIPTED looks like 'you'll sell your soul every day of your life'.

I thought I had left the Slowlane behind, but UNSCRIPTED shocked me. Here in the Fastlane, we scramble, fail and get torn to bits in our efforts. And to know of SCRIPTS that orchestrate things behind the scenes, which control us and slows our progress, a dark conspiracy indeed.
I'm more interested in the entrepreneural technicals, such as the productoracy part, though, since I'm already moving into action.

To discover that the Slowlane / SCRIPTED demons and jailers are still after all of us is very disturbing indeed. @MJ DeMarco , you may have defeated the Slowlane rabble with TMF. Now, I am confident that UNSCRIPTED should be able to deal the EXECUTING BLOW to the dragon's head.

BTW, where can I leave a review for the book? I'll try to reach out to my Quora contacts too for more exposure, if you like. Maybe open a Quora thread. The wealth section has a very high reader range, and I think that there are many people who are still looking for answers out there.

Patrykkl

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Oct 25, 2016
When will the Polish version of this book?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

daru

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Feb 11, 2017
Earth
Bump.

Still got some invites left and I'd like to keep this offer unadvertised and for forum regulars only!
Living on the wrong damn continent. Anyway, read the first five and liked it a lot. I will get a copy as soon as possible.

By the way, I have question regarding web site for the book: What is the reason to censor "F*ck" with "f-ck". I mean, everybody knows what it means (unless I make a complete fool of myself)? Is it for SEO or something?

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Living on the wrong damn continent. Anyway, read the first five and liked it a lot. I will get a copy as soon as possible.

By the way, I have question regarding web site for the book: What is the reason to censor "F*ck" with "f-ck". I mean, everybody knows what it means (unless I make a complete fool of myself)? Is it for SEO or something?
It's psychology. It increases the subconscious level of anticipation. Customers with high anticipation are gold mines.:playful:
And I'm living on the wrong continent too. These are the few times I wish I were an American :arghh::arghh::arghh:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Just to be safe, I heard that using vulgarity might be subject to SEO penalties. Any SEO experts wanna chime in?

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014

Honestly @MJ DeMarco you will probably never have the saccharine broad appeal those guys do. I randomly thought about that yesterday while reading an article on Napoleon Hill someone posted on another thread. The market for vague "dreams" and 17 step success advice is broad and evergreen. Tell people they've gotta repeatedly engage in process and respond to what the market wants, and,... yeah, that's a smaller group of people.

I would imagine you sleep better at night though, since you had success in an actual business, rather than fake success built on selling success. I figure those guys must live in constant fear of being "found out".

Really looking forward to the new book.

JWelch

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Aug 12, 2016
Arizona

Perhaps I came off a little bit differently than I intended. I thought perhaps there may be some similar videos on
Honestly @MJ DeMarco you will probably never have the saccharine broad appeal those guys do. I randomly thought about that yesterday while reading an article on Napoleon Hill someone posted on another thread. The market for vague "dreams" and 17 step success advice is broad and evergreen. Tell people they've gotta repeatedly engage in process and respond to what the market wants, and,... yeah, that's a smaller group of people.

I would imagine you sleep better at night though, since you had success in an actual business, rather than fake success built on selling success. I figure those guys must live in constant fear of being "found out".

Really looking forward to the new book.
It seems like MJ is just a cool guy who has integrity and genuinely wants to help people by giving them a real approach to finding success based off of his own knowledge and life experiences. I can see that the motivation for the book comes from his heart with the desire to effect change rather than fatten the bank account. Financial gurus might be a little off on their teachings of wealth creation but many also teach to give back and that giving in itself can enrich someone's life in an even higher level than having money itself. Giving and having gratitude are great ways to approach life.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I can see that the motivation for the book comes from his heart with the desire to effect change rather than fatten the bank account.

If I wrote a list of all the people who could "potentially" be offended by this book, my market ends up really small. If wanted to maximize sales, I would have muzzled the commentary. And yet, everything I mention is rooted in fact. But then again, nowadays we live in a world were facts have become offensive.

Is there a bulk order somewhere for 10 or 20 or whatever come release day?

Yes, on release day (or a few days before) there will be a bulk option at ViperionPublishing.com. However you might want to read it first before jumping into the shallow water -- I sideswipe the guy you work for and you probably won't like pushing a book that impugns your employer. I thank you for the thought though. ;)

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Yes, on release day (or a few days before) there will be a bulk option at ViperionPublishing.com. However you might want to read it first before jumping into the shallow water -- I sideswipe the guy you work for and you probably won't like pushing a book that impugns your employer. I thank you for the thought though. ;)

C'mon man you know me better than that!

I'll probably be one of the only ones who reads your book cover to cover multiple times -- and of course I won't get offended by a damn word! You know I'm all in on you!!

I'd be even more in if you just straight donate those bulk orders immediately instead of shipping them to me because I'll already have it on kindle and hopefully audible :)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
and of course I won't get offended by a damn word!

Ah Tony's teachings have done you well. You've mastered your mind and become impervious! :praise: I appreciate the support.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

LamboKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jul 1, 2016
Houston
The chapter about waking up and being part of the script resonated so much with me. This is Houston:

a35a802eb44cffa5abeeac553878606c.jpg

Wake up at 7. Eat breakfast, get lunch ready, ready for work, and out by 8.

8 o'clock comes and stuck in traffic. I kid you not, today I was stuck over 30 mins in the image above. Moving like sheep like MJ mentioned.

Get to work by 9, work to 5, and then repeat the process:

abee8accc7ec4c3a6caeb42d2e13cb4e.jpg

Get home by 6, eat, watch "walking dead", and you're exhausted and ready for bed.

Then your weekend comes, and you spend Saturday cleaning up and playing catching up with life.

And then you're supposed to salivate over a 401k, great insurance plan, and median income.

I'm currently stuck in the script I must admit, but I'm more of the part where MJ was working as a limo driver, the girlfriend that moved on, and kind of transitioning into designing sites. I'm trying to find a need and leap upon the fastlane, while saving up and paying the bills. The last few weeks I have been able to make extra income, and now I'm dealing with the headwinds/naysayers telling why what I'm doing isn't "a ton of money", or they suggest I work for the Exxon/shell (in Houston, most people work in the oil and gas/refinery fields or medical, so there's a evil eye if you think outside the norm).

However, these last 2 weeks, I've watched hardly any tv, and have been improving myself much more and ready to get my hands dirty in the fastlane. Idgaf about what others think. Just keep the passion and work going.

I'm forever grateful though for this forum, all the members (too many to list and forever in debt) and the books MJ has supplied us with.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Idgaf about what others think. Just keep the passion and work going.

You've got the vision and the map.

Keep to it and the dividends will come.

While the forum is focused a lot on $$$, it's really about autonomy first and foremost.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.