The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Human Longevity Breakthroughs, Resources, and Websites

ExaltedLife

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 10, 2015
I accidentally deleted my post when editing it, and must have hit ctrl v when i tried to copy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

Leave it HuffPo to write the most useless article in the world.

Breaking news! We can reverse aging! Let's talk about astronauts instead..

I'm really curious about this though and I'm going to research more into the clinical research. This phenomenon is something I've researched a lot on as my wife and I are getting ready to start a family. And with her approaching 35, radiation damage to cell DNA, especially gamete DNA is a huge concern.

Thanks for the share Lex!

Jonathan C

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 3, 2017
United States
There was a notable breakthrough recently in the organ manufacturing industry (3-D printing) where scientists were able to create new blood vessels for monkeys and then implant them (link below). The successful production of new organs that are not rejected by the host could allow us to take a major leap forward in solving the aging problem.

Chinese company implants 3-D printed blood vessels into monkeys - CNN.com

Jonathan C

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 3, 2017
United States
Not affiliated, just sharing for anyone interested. An anti-aging conference is being held in San Diego, California this August. It will feature many notable speakers such as Dr. Aubrey de Grey. More details are in the link below.

RAAD Fest

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
A good read but a bit spiritual but also with good tips on Herbs for clean Blood (clean Blood plays a huge factor on longevity)

The Tao of Rejuvenation

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
i made more research on TA-65 and the most important ingridient is Astragalus-Root. Maybe they just put good marketing and sell it for 500$ a piece. So i got now the supplement of straight Astragalusroot from natures way(i think whole foods selling it in the US, not sure), i'll try it, lets see in 2-4 weeks how is going and how i feel with it.

Another superfood that can improve youre telomeres is Shilajit, you can drink it as tea, i can recommend it because since drinking it i dont need any coffee and i feel very good. I take it always for longer periods to avoid placebo effects.

Jonathan C

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 3, 2017
United States
Schizandra berry is a good herb for longevity. It is considered to be the quintessence of Chinese herbalism. If you can only take one herb, that is the one you are suggested to take. Make sure you do some research and know how to properly prepare it. In its raw form it has tannins which may cause problems over time. Dragon Herbs seems like a good place to buy quality herbs.

Herbs, Chinese Tonic Herbs, Radiant Health from Ron Teeguarden - Dragon Herbs

2045 is an organization that was founded by a Russian billionaire named Dmitry Itskov. The organization aims to make immortality accessible to the public by creating artificial bodies.

Some might think that a spiritual leader such as the Dalai Lama would denounce such plans as disrupting the balance of nature. However, the Dalai Lama endorses the organization.

The Dalai Lama Supports 2045’s Avatar Project

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Tiny Device Heals Organs With A Single Touch

"Researchers have developed a device that can switch cell function to rescue failing body functions with a single touch. The technology, known as Tissue Nanotransfection (TNT), injects genetic code into skin cells, turning those skin cells into other types of cells required for treating diseased conditions."

More on this at this Science Daily article.

Owner2Millions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Feb 21, 2017
Chicago
I hear there are many superfoods that are beneficial to your health

Kale, spinach, broccoli, ginger, tumeric, garlic, onion, spirulina, chorella, blueberries, grapes, lost goes on...I think people just ate more real food and really cut out the junk they will feel better and look better. Some of those foods above detox and clean you

There is a plethora of herbs on dr. Axe website that are ancient medicine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
Tiny Device Heals Organs With A Single Touch

"Researchers have developed a device that can switch cell function to rescue failing body functions with a single touch. The technology, known as Tissue Nanotransfection (TNT), injects genetic code into skin cells, turning those skin cells into other types of cells required for treating diseased conditions."

More on this at this Science Daily article.

sometimes iam asking my self why do we need a device for that, could our body produce this without any help.... Wim hof was talking about how we forget to activate our hormonesystem when we age.... Stemmcells is also an topic...

Thanks for the info

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Synapse_in_brain_homepage.jpg

Scientists Discover How The Brain Controls Ageing And Manage To Slow It Down

This article describes how scientists were able to speed up and slow down ageing in mice by significant amounts.

According to the article, mice live an average of 730 days. In the tests, the mice lifespan was able to be increased or decreased by roughly 200 days.

The group also implanted hypothalamic stem cells from newborn mice into middle-aged animals. In this case, the animals became more social, performed better cognitively and lived about 200 days longer than they otherwise would have.

Another step in the right direction for longevity. Glad to see scientists working so hard on this.

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Longevity: Reaching Escape Velocity - Foresight Institute

An interesting up-to-date (as of December 2017) talk on longevity, and life extension.

A panel discussing the paradigm shift from a "Deathist" mindset to longevity mentality.

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
Book >>>> Spring Chicken by Bill Gifford

interesting stuff and some facts and also not so delusional!

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Dropping these here
Disclaimer: This is an ADVERTISEMENT
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9yJhA4RXKc

Is anyone here going to buy NAD+?
I remember NAD+ when learning how your cells metabolize alcohol causing loss of glucose synthesis

Meaning when you drink alcohol it turns into poison but chemically in the process you can't process glucose causing low blood sugar.

You cells have these things call Mitochondria(which are really ancient bacteria). They're the powerhouses of your cells. When you drink alcohol, it goes through the Krebs cycle of cellular respiration. The mitochondria processes alcohol dehydrogenase(an enzyme that catalyzes the oxidation of ethanol) into acetaldehyde(a poison). A byproduct is NAD+ which halts glucose synthesis.

Remember everything is either transformed or transferred into something else. Everything in nature is recycled.

I'm Type 1`Diabetic. my Endocrinologist tells me horror stories all the time of diabetics dying in their sleep from drinking alcohol.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
News on the First Human Telomere Lengthening Trials with Bill Andrews and Jeff Mathis

In this video, host Sarah Westall interviews Dr. Bill Andrews (remember him from the OP?) and Dr. Jeff Mathis about where they stand with their telomere lengthening research. Clearly aging (in humans) wasn't cured within one year as with his original prediction; however, human trials are set to begin this month or next month. I've highlighted some other key points below since the video is 46 minutes.

Some takeaways I thought were worth summarizing:
  • Tests on mice made them younger in "every conceivable way"
  • The same was true for tests on human cells in human skin on mice
  • The telomere gene therapy is now moving to human trials
  • Human trials beginning in May or June
  • Cost is very expensive for the testing - $700k+ per person
  • Will take around six weeks between each human trial and will treat 4-5 patients in first 6 months
  • Two years ago "this couldn't even have been attempted. The technology just wasn't far enough along" - 14:51
  • Moving straight to human trials to target Alzheimer's which has no current cure
  • They have celebrities and high-profile clients signed up for testing after initial human safety trials succeed
  • The first 2 trials are safety trials. Once they pass those they can move to a round of 30 patients.
  • It is a "pay to play" model currently. They can't take volunteers due to being a small biotech startup. They just don't have the cash. It does seem worth it for those with alzheimers and a lot of money.
  • "The rich are going to save the poor" - Bill Andrews describes how the first trials being fueled by the wealthy and initial profits will drive research to create a mass market drug at affordable prices.
  • There are multiple aspects of aging that have to be treated. The most important is telomeres, but the other aspects are important as well

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.