The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sick of the 9-5!!

inputchip

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 26, 2017
www.tmkings.com
Hey everyone, I just want to take a minute and introduce myself here. I am very excited to get connected into this community. I will just share a brief description of where I am in life right now.

I am a 23 year old male from Canada who just graduated with an engineering degree and now working full time. I always knew that I didn't want to work the 9-5 desk job, and I always had aspirations to invent or start something on my own. I began researching into how I can start to make more money for my wife and I by doing something on the side. I ended up spending alot of time reading and networking in the real estate world. After awhile it became clear that this was not a fastlane route (at least in my area).

I then got turned on the Smart Passive Income podcasts and blog by Pat Flynn, and they really started to open my eyes into how powerful a tool the internet is for passive income. MJ was featured in one of the SPI podcasts, and I was blown away by how genuine and down to earth his advice and outlook on entrepreneurship is.

I immediately got myself a copy of TMF and devoured it during my lunch break and evenings. MJ put into words what I had been feeling in my gut for years. Going to school -> getting a job -> contributing to RRSP's (401k) is not going to give me the financial freedom I desire.

I don't consider my formal education a waste as it tought me many life skills not specifically related to engineering (problem solving, financial literacy, focus, hard work, etc.). However, I am sick of the 9-5, and sick of earning a dime while the boss earns a dollar.

My interest has really been captivated by the SAAS business model, and I am looking to pursue this further. It's time for me to buckle up and get into the fastlane. See you all there!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I ended up spending alot of time reading and networking in the real estate world. After awhile it became clear that this was not a fastlane route (at least in my area).
Welcome to the forum.

This statement is an example of why people could really use a complete brain rinsing. :)

Fastlane is everywhere. Looking at a small piece of the real estate industry in your area, does not define it as "not fastlane". SAAS can be slowlane as well. Fastlane is not an industry. It is how you go about the process.

inputchip

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 26, 2017
www.tmkings.com
Welcome to the forum.

This statement is an example of why people could really use a complete brain rinsing. :)

Fastlane is everywhere. Looking at a small piece of the real estate industry in your area, does not define it as "not fastlane". SAAS can be slowlane as well. Fastlane is not an industry. It is how you go about the process.

Hi SteveO, thanks for the reply! I realize fastlane is not constrained to the industry, and I have not ditched real estate completely, it is just on the back burner for awhile. I know some people have, and will continue to make it big in real estate investing, however in my area you would need to start with quite a large sum of money to purchase and rent a large number of doors. I realize there are some areas in north america that have a lower barrier for entry, but I would prefer to be managing rental properties locally while starting out. To me, my money and time could be better spent focusing on a different industry with a different business model.

Once I have started to make significant amounts of money, I think real estate could be a very good option for passive income.

crankshaft

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Mar 27, 2017
Toronto
Hey, what a coincidence! I am also an 23yo engineer from CAD and feel the exact same way. "sick of earning a dime while the boss earns a dollar" Couldn't have agreed with that more. Anyways, good luck!

Mr Cracker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 24, 2012
Mexico
@inputchip You remind me of myself a couple of years ago. I'm also an engineer.

i'm not yet where I want to be but I've learned a lot in the process, met people I admire and have taught me a lot.

Please ingrain in your brain that there is no shortcut, no, you won't get where you want to be overnight and no, you won't be able to quit your job in 2 weeks.

There's no complicated formula, don't over analyze it, be consistent, be disciplined, work hard.

inputchip

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 26, 2017
www.tmkings.com
@inputchip You remind me of myself a couple of years ago. I'm also an engineer.

i'm not yet where I want to be but I've learned a lot in the process, met people I admire and have taught me a lot.

Please ingrain in your brain that there is no shortcut, no, you won't get where you want to be overnight and no, you won't be able to quit your job in 2 weeks.

There's no complicated formula, don't over analyze it, be consistent, be disciplined, work hard.

Thanks @Mr Cracker , I appreciate the encouragement. It's not that I hate my job and that I'm expecting to quit within weeks. I just know I am capable of so much more. I am not looking for a handout or a shortcut, I know it will take hard work.

I look at the senior engineers at my firm and see what my future would be like in 10-15 years if I remain in the slowlane, it's a depressing thought. I see my superiors struggling to make ends meet, worried about paying their mortgage, contributing to RRSP's, not having enough money to retire.. It's exhausting just watching them stressed out at work and living paycheck to paycheck.

Mr Cracker

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 24, 2012
Mexico
I look at the senior engineers at my firm and see what my future would be like in 10-15 years if I remain in the slowlane, it's a depressing thought. I see my superiors struggling to make ends meet, worried about paying their mortgage, contributing to RRSP's, not having enough money to retire.. It's exhausting just watching them stressed out at work and living paycheck to paycheck.

I feel the same way. They've invested all that time in a job that, after all those years it won't even guarantee them financial security. I rather die.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...