The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Quitting the job in a few months...

sheldcr

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Mar 22, 2017
Caribbean
Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith. Not blindly but with some vision.

Over a year ago I decided to take charge of my life and this is now becoming a reality with the first phase being quitting the day job. As a black woman living in a developing country, that can be seen as a death sentence.

I see it as a life sentence; to get my life back to what I wanted it to be as I was growing up.

I am a life long learner, devouring lots of books at a young age, something that went by the wayside with working in a job. I have since gone back to reading and I am currently at Chapter 2 of TMF (which can also mean: Time, Money, Freedom). In the next few months/years I will have the time, money and freedom to bring my dreams to reality.

One of my challenges to overcome would be the doubt that I have something to share that others will pay me for. As I wrote that sentence, I know logically that it is not true but (a word I have worked to eliminate) in my heart I sometimes feel like I am a bit of a fraud. However I am a work in progress and I my heart will win the day.

Glad I found the book and the forum. Looking forward to interacting, learning and sharing.

Shelly

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sheldcr

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Mar 22, 2017
Caribbean
UPDATE:
While going through the chapters on the Sidewalk and Slow lane I realized that I had one foot planted on the sidewalk and one on the slow lane road. Yikes that was a wake up call. Looking back over the years I tried to break free, however my feet seem to have been taken rook in those lanes.

Fast ward to couple of years: I wrote a book, but have done nothing to market it (slow lane thinking) and I had a product idea (signed up with a company for them to take it to trade shows). Now up to Chapter 18 and I realize I do have 2 assets that I should look at to produce profit. Both things are in different markets, but the recurring theme is that I have taken a hands off approach to the marketing process.

Am I going about this backward?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome to the forum Shelly. Very nice to have you and thank you for sharing your intro.

Am I going about this backward?

The launch point is always value. Solving a problem. Doing something better. "How do I make money" is the incorrect launch point. Which are you doing?

One of my challenges to overcome would be the doubt that I have something to share that others will pay me for.

If you offer value, yes, people will pay you.

If you have what I want, I don't care about where you live, your gender, your race, your social status, or anything. You get my money. Money moves based on a value offering.

sheldcr

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Mar 22, 2017
Caribbean
The launch point is always value. Solving a problem. Doing something better. "How do I make money" is the incorrect launch point. Which are you doing?
Hi MJ,

Great to get a response from you. Thanks for the welcome.

The book I wrote was one based on what I did to get out of debt. I gave a friend of mine the same ideas and strategies and she was able to get out of debt. These days she is working part time to keep busy since she retired and traveling ever so often either with family, friends or by herself. She owns her home free and clear and has no major bills and is having the time of her life. When she thanked me for giving her the advice, I was a bit taken aback since I thought everyone would do what I did or even knew what to do. Hence the book was written. I have since told another colleague what to do and she is moving toward a debt free life. She has since paid off a few debts and working on some others.

So essentially the book helps people solve their debt problem.

As for my product idea, I created it to solve a problem I was having. My sister encouraged me to share the idea as it would help others, so I went to a company to help me take the product to market.

sheldcr

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Mar 22, 2017
Caribbean
That's awesome. Congrats and good luck to you!

Thank you. It is actually official! Surprisingly I am not as worried as I thought I would be with the idea of no fixed income from July. One of the reasons is that I have been debt free for over 10 years but I used the excuse and comfort of the job for the reason not to venture into financial freedom.

Fortune5ive

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 24, 2017
New Jersey
Thank you. It is actually official! Surprisingly I am not as worried as I thought I would be with the idea of no fixed income from July. One of the reasons is that I have been debt free for over 10 years but I used the excuse and comfort of the job for the reason not to venture into financial freedom.

Sounds like you have a great plan already in place.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...