The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A young father of two, hungry for freedom

T.0.D

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Mar 25, 2017
Florida
Good day to all of those that are stumbling across my introduction, my name is Robert, not Todd; moving on. im between the age of 25 and 30 and I am the proud father and stepfather of two boys, ages 2 and 6. I am married and have been married since 2013 (it feels much longer though). The last year has been tough for me and my family, I started a new job in the road construction industry earlier last year and nearly a year later (last week) I quit that job. maybe not the GREATEST financial choice, but it is my belief that it was my greatest personal choice. My hourly compensation did not reflect every thing the job took from me; My time, My energy. I was a college student full-time online... a couple months into production work and 10 12 hour days swinging picks and shovels, lifting heavy concrete blocks and operating power tools all day, destroyed any drive to participate in a macroeconomics discussion about real GDP. So here we got a tired overworked underpaid guy and his wife that watches him walk in the door every day, shower, eat and then go to bed and two bored kids that have been stuck in the house waiting for him to get home all day.

How... depressing.
BUT recently I have been overcome with this vision, a vision of a life where i'm not standing next to a vortex abyss, keeping my balance at all times as not to be sucked into the pit by its vacuum. A vision of a life where I don't have to deny my child the nerf gun he wants because I cant afford to spend $40.
A life where I have time to be the father and husband I desire to be.

This is the beginning of my journey
I may have a way's to go
But i'm going to ride the fastlane.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

John Discipline

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Mar 22, 2017
United States
Hey Todd, nice intro. Great to hear your change of perspective, do you have any business idea's that you plan on pursuing? Or do you have any specific skill sets/experience that might set you up with a good business?

Btw I have also worked construction quite similar to your story and it was definitely not worth it to deteriorate your body like that.

T.0.D

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Mar 25, 2017
Florida
I have many different skills, but with just enough experience and knowledge to get me by. I desire to take advantage of any passive income sources via internet. Let's be realistic here, I know for the time being I'm going to have to work for someone else, but my wife works as well, so maybe something that is not so intense. This will give me time and energy to do what I really want to do.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
My time, My energy. I was a college student full-time online... a couple months into production work and 10 12 hour days swinging picks and shovels, lifting heavy concrete blocks and operating power tools all day, destroyed any drive to participate in a macroeconomics discussion about real GDP. So here we got a tired overworked underpaid guy and his wife that watches him walk in the door every day, shower, eat and then go to bed and two bored kids that have been stuck in the house waiting for him to get home all day.

I understand how you feel.
I have my parents ( although I don't appreciate their disdain of the Fastlane)bitching about missing me when my time is eaten by my Slowlane academics, and a girl who is in the same shit I am in, and its killing them.
This atrocity is even worse than financial poverty.

But well done, you found your way here the same way I did....out of desperation for something better.

I am surprised that production still requires manual works.....I assumed they outsourced everything to China;)

IMHO, I don't know what Fastlane path you want to take, or problem to solve, but I'm seeing one right here!
Menial jobs like production or maintainence which can be made into ease either with technology (you might need an engineering background for it though) or contractor brokerage, in which you find other workers, source out work to them and give them share of the profits.

A remarkable example of the latter option would be @MustImprove's drain cleaning spree. Not Fastlane, but with enough traction, branding and scaling, it can be.

GOLD - Your Fastlane Rocket Fuel - Compounding Action Power

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

T.0.D

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Mar 25, 2017
Florida
Designing new technology and machinery for the construction industry I imagine is a highly lucrative market.
However, it is slightly out of scope. think of it this way, If my time and freedom were an intense P.O.W movie, the interrogator is gone, I just slithered out of the chair and now i'm scooting across the floor, surveying for a object to free me from bondage.
I have a couple hundred dollars to work with, so I'm investing my time with this forum, with youtube channels, with the MFL book, with blogs, with google, ect.
I'm learning how SEO works, I'm learning to code, and best of all i'm learning to look from different angles.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Todd, you're at the right place to make some changes.

Have you read the book upon which this forum was based? It will
a vision of a life where i'm not standing next to a vortex abyss, keeping my balance at all times as not to be sucked into the pit by its vacuum. A vision of a life where I don't have to deny my child the nerf gun he wants because I cant afford to spend $40.
A life where I have time to be the father and husband I desire to be.

Have you read the book upon which this forum was based? It will help you make this vision possible, both here and at real life. Good luck and thank you for the introduction.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...