The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is needed to start a online company?

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

Owner2Millions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Feb 21, 2017
Chicago
If someone doesn't know something they ask questions for insight correct? so that's what I did and considering this is a forum where you ask questions and learn or try to find some direction, I posted a question for direction and insight. What is stupid is anyone who chooses to post something stupid if you think the question is stupid. If you think the question is stupid just don't answer. Or....if you don't want to help, then just don't help. Its not like I'm just sitting on my a$$ everyday. I m taking action.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
A big ole pair of balls

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
If someone doesn't know something they ask questions for insight correct? so that's what I did and considering this is a forum where you ask questions and learn or try to find some direction, I posted a question for direction and insight. What is stupid is anyone who chooses to post something stupid if you think the question is stupid. If you think the question is stupid just don't answer. Or....if you don't want to help, then just don't help. Its not like I'm just sitting on my a$$ everyday. I m taking action.

Take a deep breath. Better?

Here's why you got the responses you did. This forum is not designed to ask for help. This forum is designed for people to provide value.

But wait, aren't those the same things? No.

The age old idiom. He helps those who help themselves. Instead of the big man upstairs, I'm talking about the forum.

Everyday people show up, ask the most basic of questions never to be seen again. Are we giving you grief because you're new? No. Ask @MidwestLandlord. Within a week of being on the forum he was considered one of the top contributors here. Wait, there's that word. Contributor.

The problem with the post was that the questions you asked showed two things. Two big ol red flag warning signs.

1. You didn't bother to research this on your own.

2. You expect others to do the work for you.

Click the link below

LMGTFY

This will show you why people wrote you off. I didn't search the term "how to start an online business" but I would bet $100 forum bucks that on page 1 of google I would find at least 2 very comprehensive guides on every question you asked.

If you didn't bother to research the simplest of questions that shows that you are too lazy to even do the simplest of tasks.

Going back to number #2, you are expecting members of the forum, some of which as extremely successful business owners, to do the work for you.

What should you do? Do some research. Look into LLC vs S Corp or C Corp. Look up what successful SaaS startups look like. You'll probably find a book called Startup Land about a very successful SaaS startup (which literally is a step by step guide). Read the Gold Threads, theres a huge wealth of information on here.

Most importantly. Contribute value.

No one else bothered to type this out, but I'm sure most will agree here.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Everyday people show up, ask the most basic of questions never to be seen again. Are we giving you grief because you're new? No. Ask @MidwestLandlord. Within a week of being on the forum he was considered one of the top contributors here. Wait, there's that word. Contributor.

*2 weeks

:)

This forum is designed for people to provide value.

Rep bank $0? You're probably broke in real life too.

In this thread ^^^ @MJ DeMarco talks about how the forum is a "microcosm of a REAL FASTLANE"

@Elbert Dockery , the thread above ties in nicely with @Scot 's comment.

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
You need to develop some thick skin if you are going to stick around here. Most of the real contributors around here will not sugar coat anything for you. They are honest and blunt and sometimes it will hurt, but they have a tremendous amount of value to offer if you do some research 1st and then ask the right questions.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Along the way, someone might have told you there was no such thing as a stupid question.

Out in the world, you'll find that is not usually the case. There are plenty of stupid questions.

Start by refining your objectives. Help people help you.

The first step towards anything you might be interested in is 100 hours of research. Usually, this research is fueled by the passion for the creator in what he/she is creating. Go to the library, find a quiet spot, and read every single thing you can find on the subject you are interested in. Begin the experience of developing mastery. Create a vision, a quest... a plan. Then, use random strangers on a forum who may have expertise in areas you are unsure of to answer specific tactical questions.

A stupid question :

How do I start a donut shop?

A good question :

I have researched intellectual protection for my donut recipe, and I can't seem to determine if I can patent the recipe itself. Google talks alot about brand trademark, but is there anyone here who might know if the recipe itself is something that I can protect? I have something pretty unique, and I know I should see an attorney but funds are a bit tight now so before I bite the bullet and pay legal expenses, I am just wondering if anyone has some insight as to protecting the intellectual property of food items, as I am required to disclose the ingredients to protect customers who may have particular food allergies. Thanks in advance for any advice you might have.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I feel like finding a need is the hardest of the CENTS because naturally everything else is solved or can be solved with a online company.

Not to keep piling on the jokes and stupid answers but... ha ha

Last edited by a moderator:

Owner2Millions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Feb 21, 2017
Chicago
Take a deep breath. Better?

Here's why you got the responses you did. This forum is not designed to ask for help. This forum is designed for people to provide value.

But wait, aren't those the same things? No.

The age old idiom. He helps those who help themselves. Instead of the big man upstairs, I'm talking about the forum.

The problem with the post was that the questions you asked showed two things. Two big ol red flag warning signs.

1. You didn't bother to research this on your own.

2. You expect others to do the work for you.

Click the link below

LMGTFY

This will show you why people wrote you off. I didn't search the term "how to start an online business" but I would bet $100 forum bucks that on page 1 of google I would find at least 2 very comprehensive guides on every question you asked.

If you didn't bother to research the simplest of questions that shows that you are too lazy to even do the simplest of tasks.

Going back to number #2, you are expecting members of the forum, some of which as extremely successful business owners, to do the work for you.

What should you do? Do some research. Look into LLC vs S Corp or C Corp. Look up what successful SaaS startups look like. You'll probably find a book called Startup Land about a very successful SaaS startup (which literally is a step by step guide). Read the Gold Threads, theres a huge wealth of information on here.

No one else bothered to type this out, but I'm sure most will agree here.

lol....well thanks...and no I research daily and have lurked this forum many times, just to try and figure things out. I do have thick skin, and I understand you guys frustration with new members that are takers. I am going be on this forum for a very very long time! I'm NOT a taker, I believe in giving back to those that helped me. Also I have been listening to @Andy Black podcasts on soundcloud as well as reading some of his posts. But I am past the stage of the simple question of the title, I shouldn't have name it this title that was a mistake. My question really is how can I get these CEOs to answer my emails that I send daily about solving some of their needs within the transportation industry.

Owner2Millions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Feb 21, 2017
Chicago
You need to develop some thick skin if you are going to stick around here. Most of the real contributors around here will not sugar coat anything for you. They are honest and blunt and sometimes it will hurt, but they have a tremendous amount of value to offer if you do some research 1st and then ask the right questions.

hahaha your right and I actually do have thick skin....I figured I'll "clap" back a little bit. You guys bite well I do as well. But I see what you are saying and my goal is to provide insight to new people as well. Thing is, everybody started where I am at now and I know one day I can be sitting right along side you guys. All.....I ask for is direction. I don't want any handouts, my focus is trying to provide a service to ease customers and the corporations in the transportation industry.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
lol....well thanks...and no I research daily and have lurked this forum many times, just to try and figure things out. I do have thick skin, and I understand you guys frustration with new members that are takers. I am going be on this forum for a very very long time! I'm NOT a taker, I believe in giving back to those that helped me. Also I have been listening to @Andy Black podcasts on soundcloud as well as reading some of his posts. But I am past the stage of the simple question of the title, I shouldn't have name it this title that was a mistake. My question really is how can I get these CEOs to answer my emails that I send daily about solving some of their needs within the transportation industry.

Are you by chance a Dane Maxwell fan? Sounds like some of the "Foundation" prospecting. Usually doesn't work.

When I was a buyer at Wal-Mart, I had three people inbetween me and your email. I had three assistants whose whole job was to make sure I didn't ever see your email.

And, here's how far I was from the CEO.

1. Buyer
to
2. DMM
to
3. VP
to
4. SVP
to
5. Division President
to
6. Executive VP
to
7. CEO

So there were six steps inbetween me (entry level) and the CEO. I can't imagine how he's ever answer an email from me, or you. He pays people to gatekeep. Even if your prospect companies are 100x smaller, the CEO is not hoping to get your email.

Find another way to hit your intended target.

But your prospecting seems to be a completely different subject than your OP.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Along the way, someone might have told you there was no such thing as a stupid question.

Out in the world, you'll find that is not usually the case. There are plenty of stupid questions.

The first step towards anything you might be interested in is 100 hours of research. Usually, this research is fueled by the passion for the creator in what he/she is creating. Go to the library, find a quiet spot, and read every single thing you can find on the subject you are interested in. Begin the experience of developing mastery. Create a vision, a quest... a plan. Then, use random strangers on a forum who may have expertise in areas you are unsure of to answer specific tactical questions.

A stupid question :

A good question :

I have researched intellectual protection for my donut recipe, and I can't seem to determine if I can patent the recipe itself. Google talks alot about brand trademark, but is there anyone here who might know if the recipe itself is something that I can protect? I have something pretty unique, and I know I should see an attorney but funds are a bit tight now so before I bite the bullet and pay legal expenses, I am just wondering if anyone has some insight as to protecting the intellectual property of food items, as I am required to disclose the ingredients to protect customers who may have particular food allergies. Thanks in advance for any advice you might have.

Featured++

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

A stupid question :

A good question :

I feel like every new forum user needs to see this or know this.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I feel like every new forum user needs to see this or know this.

Making a separate sticky/home page thread just was added to my list.

Owner2Millions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Feb 21, 2017
Chicago
Are you by chance a Dane Maxwell fan? Sounds like some of the "Foundation" prospecting. Usually doesn't work.

When I was a buyer at Wal-Mart, I had three people inbetween me and your email. I had three assistants whose whole job was to make sure I didn't ever see your email.

And, here's how far I was from the CEO.

1. Buyer
to
2. DMM
to
3. VP
to
4. SVP
to
5. Division President
to
6. Executive VP
to
7. CEO

So there were six steps inbetween me (entry level) and the CEO. I can't imagine how he's ever answer an email from me, or you. He pays people to gatekeep. Even if your prospect companies are 100x smaller, the CEO is not hoping to get your email.

Find another way to hit your intended target.

But your prospecting seems to be a completely different subject than your OP.

well and that's what I stated, I shouldn't have named it its title. I actually found his email on LinkedIn and with rapportive and some other email plugins I have installed, it actually has worked and it shows its his correct email but he isn't opening it. I found a website here:
CEO e-mail addresses

not sure how accurate a lot of these emails are but I figured it could be a great tool for someone. Anyway I get what you are saying and I'm going take your advice as well as another person(sorry I don't remember your username) in this thread who suggested I email other people. Thanks.....I guess I should rename this thread????lol

sorry newbie mistakes

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
Emailing the CEO without any value proposition is the stupidest thing I've heard. I'm just imagining your emails now:

"I just started a company and am looking for problems to solve. What problems do you have?"

That's gonna get trashed because it sounds like a waste of time... It is waste of time.

A better way to do this:

1. Start with an industry you're familiar with.
2. Find a problem.
3. Create a solution.
(Incorporate)
4. Sell solution.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
Came here to add something, but @Vigilante already did that in a Gold-post type of way.

In my opinion, this forum is not there to hold your hand and do the most basic work for you in form of answering questions that Google is much quicker in answering. No, for me this place is more one of giving you the right mindset, keeping you in a Fastlane way of thinking and with all that fueling the fire.
TMF created that spark in me, this forum turned it into a flame and also fuels it every time I come here.

But a fire is not going to do the hard work of walking that road to where you want to be.
A fire can keep you warm while you go along those empty roads.
It can keep away the dangers (the Sidewalk or Slowlane trying to get a hold of you).
It can show you part of the road.
But it is you that has to do the work part of all that.
The planning. The overcoming of obstacles.
The walking.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.