The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hi! Freshly Graduated, Now Facing A Crossroad, My Plan & Problems

Runner030

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Mar 12, 2017
Germany
Hi all,

After „The Millionaire Fastlane “ was lying around unread on my Kindle for around 2 years (I’m German, titles like these make me skeptical) I now read it and it was amazing. The shift from "money" to " providing value" was quiet eye-opening. And it helped me to clear the fog in front of my eyes and finally develop a life goal. I never cared about money, but travelling the world.
That means I am pretty much starting from 0, which I find exciting.

Right now, I am at a crossroad in life. I’m 26 and finished my bachelor in Social Science last year. Since then I traveled once again and cleared out some countries I've always wanted to visit. I’ve now seen the world and can happily close this chapter of heavy travelling, living and studying abroad.

Its time to open a new chapter. My original plan was to pursue a Master (Its free in Germany) while simultaneously working on my independence. Since I also need to cover my living costs, that would mean: Study + Student Job + Riding the Fastlane. Now after reading the book I am also considering to go All-In. Forget about the Master Degree and work more or less full-time towards freedom. “More or less“ because I would probably need a side Job or 9-5 to cover basic living costs. This would be the tough way and most probably also the faster one.

I did not yet decide, which road to take. I also do not yet have a Fastlane-Idea, which is why I am first focusing on the skills that I will need sooner or later as an Entrepreneur. Copywriting for example. I am close to finish the „15 days to Freedom-Copywriting Challenge“. Thank you @SinisterLex, amazing content. I am playing with the idea to generate my initial income through Freelancing, while working on the Fastlane. This would be optimal as I could escape the 9-5 and achieve Location Independence quickly, which is one aim of mine.

Regarding the Fastlane I am certain to succeed. My mindset is healthy, and during the last 2 years I developed extraordinary willpower and discipline. Even if I imagine the worst case: Living on welfare in a crappy apartment and working on the Fastlane, I feel the excitement.

The biggest fears/problems I see are the following.

1. Having to give up my daily habits. I do too much shit everyday and I find everything crucially important . Right now I do the following: Ice Cold Bath in the Morning, 10 minutes free flow writing to declutter my mind. 2 hours of meditation, 1 hour of reading, 30 minutes working on my foreign languages (different language focus each week) and 20 minutes shadowboxing. Normally I also learn a new language 1 hour per day. (1 language per year)

2. It is hard for me to come up with a real clear goal. I am not having a clear picture in mind like MJ (A Lamborghini) and I don’t really know what I really want in my life material-wise. Of course a big house with a pool would be amazing. For sure an expensive sportscar would be cool. But do I really need it? Am I ready to sacrifice X months/years of my life to get it? For now, I have no F*cking clue. But I know I am ready to work my a$$ of for X years to achieve the freedom to do what I want. The bottom line is this: I cant come up with definitive number for my lifestyle. My current thought is to just raise the bar high, lets say 10 Million and then see what happens. I better aim too high than too low.

Anyways, I already browsed through some Gold Threads and the knowledge here is absolutely amazing. Thus I am hoping to find wisdom, inspiration and advice here. And then, someday, I will be able to contribute to the forum and help others the same way I was helped.

Cheers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raaa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 22, 2017
UK
Welcome.

A few potential solutions to your problems:

You've likely to have heard of 'energy management vs time management' debate, it is a real-life concept that explains why you can't really manage time, only the things you do within that time. I’ve studied multi-millionaires for a long time and I’ve noticed the clearly defined similarities they have with each other (besides being rich!). It’s spectacular. A lot of it relates to productivity, routines, lifestyle and how they maximize the best use of their time.

Let’s say you have your traditional ‘things to do’ list which must be completed before the end of the day…. You need to get it done no matter what…. But what if you have no energy or your energy dissipates by midday? Note: Energy in this context can be defined in 3 main ways: mental, emotional and physical energy.

Let's face it, the traditional time management practices do not work long term, because we all burn-out at some point. No matter how strong our work ethic. There is only a limited daily supply of emotional, mental and physical energy for us humans. Therefore, we can take advantage of energy management.

To go on with this a little further, the idea is that, it is more efficient to manage tasks and the energy levels required for these tasks throughout the day rather than robotically schedule each time slot "just because we need to get it done". This is why productive people like to accomplish the most difficult & most important tasks first and early on.

Successful entrepreneurs always talk about morning rituals and entire series of books have been made about this topic. Do you know why? Because it works. Fortunately, the things that you are already doing: cold showers, journaling to de-clutter your mind, meditation, reading, exercise etc. are part of these "morning rituals". So it's not "shit" at all.

My advice is to shorten the duration of these activities. Not stop completely doing it altogether. For example, I know several people (including myself) who meditate 20-30 minutes a day... think about this carefully, do you really need 2 hours of meditation...or could this time be invested in a Fastlane venture.

If you start your day right, you can finish your day right…and get shit done.

All these rituals above help with your emotional, physical and mental energy. Your entire lifestyle can help with your goals or be used against you.

Entrepreneurship is a not just a business, it's a lifestyle. It's about becoming a better version of yourself and using that to help others on a grand scale.

Think about it for a second, who is more likely to be successful, someone who wakes up at 11am, doesn’t care about health and tries to get their things to do list complete by the evening or the person with a healthier lifestyle, that allows them to maximize their energy levels and the way they spend their energy? Who is more likely to create their global empire first??? It’s all interconnected.

One more thing, you state that it is hard for you to come up with a real clear goal…. but you mention freedom a lot in your post (time and financial freedom). Maybe this is your goal.

p.s check out a Canadian Entrepreneur on Youtube called Ameer Rosic, he has videos on a few things that I’ve mentioned and gets straight to the point.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
. It is hard for me to come up with a real clear goal. I am not having a clear picture in mind like MJ (A Lamborghini) and I don’t really know what I really want in my life material-wise.

Who says it needs to be material? It could be as simple as having the freedom to spend a Wednesday morning at the park with your kids.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...