The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

50K cash right now to invest. What to do?

Anything related to investing, including crypto
Jun 22, 2012
5OK that’s a hefty amount, According to me try investing in different field’s or sectors that would eventually split your money and at least make you more secure about your investment from different sources. Thus the risk would also be divided as per the income source.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 5, 2013
People don't know that you can actually become a MM in the markets. You must be a great trader but even great traders don't do it because they don't know it. It's just as simple as having a ratio stop loss/take profit 1:2 and more tan 50% of winning trades. If you do an anti-martingale it's just a matter of litlle time that you will achieve it.

Read the book: The Universal Principles of Successful Trading: Essential Knowledge for All Traders in All Markets
Larry Williams was the first in doing it, in the book it's explained.

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
I'd get a Winnebago and go cross county with a camcorder. Does this help?

Mods, might be a good idea to sticky one of these threads.

Love this idea. Definitely should be stickied.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
People don't know that you can actually become a MM in the markets. You must be a great trader but even great traders don't do it because they don't know it. It's just as simple as having a ratio stop loss/take profit 1:2 and more tan 50% of winning trades. If you do an anti-martingale it's just a matter of litlle time that you will achieve it.

Read the book: The Universal Principles of Successful Trading: Essential Knowledge for All Traders in All Markets
Larry Williams was the first in doing it, in the book it's explained.

spaxton1

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
625%
Feb 22, 2014
Someone once said: "The best way to double your money is to fold it in half."

SkuNK_

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Nov 24, 2011
Double 10 Times = 50 Million

2x(10x50,000)=50,000,000

GENIUS!

2x(10x50,000) =2x500,000 = 1,000,000 unless u meant
(2 x10)(2x50,000)=20x100,000= 2,000,000

50,000 x2=100,000 x2 = 200,000 x2 = 400,000 x2 = 800,000 x2 = 1,600,000 x2 =
3,200,00 x2 = 6,400,000 x2 =12,800,000 x2 = 25,600,000 x2 = **52,000,000**

=)

Im planning on doubling 15k 6 times hit a milly

Sean Patrick

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 24, 2015
Thanks for the responses. To give some info on me, I own one business. This is my second business. Started from the lint in my pocket with very very little help. 24 years old with no kids, no house payment, etc. I work for my money but with this 50k I would more or less like to invest into something less labor intensive. I was asking you guys what YOU would do with 50k RIGHT NOW to put into anything that you know could turn a decent profit. Of course I have ideas and I will keep investing and turning a profit accordingly if those play out to be the best option. I am emotionally detached from this money and I will be as active as I need be if the ROI is right. Basically what I was getting at was that a lot in life people sit back and go " I know if I had enough money to buy/invest in ______, I KNOW I could flip/turn/make a good profit". I have ideas but i'm asking you if you set aside 50k where would be your best bet in investing it? Im just looking to brainstorm a few possible ideas. Thanks again

Sean Patrick - I have a Global Product with Licensing / Utility Patent -

Attachments

• FRONT-inside-new.pdf
    896.9 KB · Views: 10

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
I have 50k to invest right now. Most people say " Man, if I just had X amount of money I could easily turn that to X amount ".

That's because most people are idiots.

Let me translate:

"The excuse I'm using to explain why I'm not rich is because I don't have $x."

And to be honest, they will never have $x because they will always need that excuse to explain their lack of desire to become rich.

No offense.

Last edited:

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
There are hundreds of ways to use retail arbitrage to your advantage. Find one that can keep your interest and test with a small amount until you can start doubling that small amount in 30 days. Then try larger amounts as you get better. Before you know it you will not be able to spend enough capital and that's the problem you want.

Soulrize

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Sep 21, 2014
I believe there's two types of people op, spenders and savers. If you collected yourself 40 or 50k, whatever the large denominator you probably did so by working and being frugal. While there's nothing wrong with this inherently, it just comes when you want to "invest" which is a word for spending. There are people here and most I would say that take risk all day every day spending money in order to make money which is what a investment is. The lot of them all have their failures and experience and those that do persist though for a second bite of the cherry are the ones that would be a better investment. In other words it would be best to invest your money into a spender with a history of previous failure and experience who is now successful, mature, and professional. That would be the best investment for yourself in my opinion.

ZeroTo100

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 2, 2016
New York City / New Jersey
Thanks Silverhawk.

I'll tell you what I would do - find local businesses for sale at good valuations. Just today on bizbuysell.com I found 2 businesses near me for sale - each generating $50k profit/year with absentee owners, with $50k in fixtures/inventory - with an asking price of $150k. Without even considering owner financing and/or price negotiations, I could put $30k as down-payment and get a loan for the rest. Then I would improve the marketing, cost costs, etc to make the business more profitable.

Tell you something, this isn't bad advice. I would stay away from the stock markets though! Forget it - forget trying to make fast money!

I’m in a similar situation...I have around 100k I’m looking to utilize in the next few months. I’ll probably use 25k if I’m going to start a new business but I won’t be dumping it all in. If I had 50k, I’d probably use around 15k to start something. I am in the process of either buying a business or starting from scratch. I been searching sites like empire flipper and other brokerages. BizBuySell is a good one also but I would only use them to acquire a local business like a landscaping company or something. If your buying an internet business, centurica offers a due diligence package to inform you on anything they find negative on a site you’re looking to buy. Truthfully, this is the route I’d go. Buy, Build, Sell!

A business earning 500 per month sells for around 22x profits or 11k. Buy it, Grow it to 1500 per month. Sell it for 33k.

Are you good at anything? What are your interests?

JoelM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Feb 21, 2018
Maryland, MD
I have a couple of ideas but I cannot tell specifically what you should invest in. I would not invest in passive income (real estate, mutual funds, etc.) Invest in something where you can scale and reinvest your profits back into the business.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I never understand the "I have $X and I need to invest it... like NOW!"

There's nothing wrong with cash laying around earning 5% and being an option on opportunity.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

There's nothing wrong with cash laying around earning 5% and being an option on opportunity.
We're sitting on about 10% cash.

ALC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jul 19, 2017
France

I think that was my first thread's subject haha ! I learned that the more cash i have for the next business, the better it is !

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

They probably can't get 5% either.

pastemaker

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Feb 1, 2016
They probably can't get 5% either.

This implies that you are investing money and getting 5% interest, but is the money also highly liquid? The truth is that there are no options at the moment to invest money and get those options without any risk - at least not in my country.

Johnny Bravo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 20, 2018
US
Sooo.... What does one invest in to get a nice little 5% cash flow?

I'm looking for ideas for (reasonably) safe monthly income after making my initial bank. I've got about $500k I'd like to stick in something which will last for an eternity and save the rest to keep building my business. Cash flow is the key phrase here.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Sooo.... What does one invest in to get a nice little 5% cash flow?

I'm looking for ideas for (reasonably) safe monthly income after making my initial bank. I've got about $500k I'd like to stick in something which will last for an eternity and save the rest to keep building my business. Cash flow is the key phrase here.

Get a rental property.

Elif

New Contributor
Jun 25, 2018
Of course I have ideas and I will keep investing and turning a profit accordingly if those play out to be the best option. I am emotionally detached from this money and I will be as active as I need be if the ROI is right. Basically what I was getting at was that a lot in life people sit back and go " I know if I had enough money to buy/invest in ______, I KNOW I could flip/turn/make a good profit".

Elif

New Contributor
Jun 25, 2018
My choice would be to invest it in a content publishing model (building websites, posting content, and monetizing with ads/affiliates) because this is something that i have experimented with in the past, and i had success, and i know i can at least find some good opportunities and have enough good domain knowledge to know that it can turn into something passive.

Elif

New Contributor
Jun 25, 2018
I have 50k to invest right now. Most people say " Man, if I just had X amount of money I could easily turn that to X amount ". What would you invest in if you had 50k RIGHT NOW purely to invest. I am looking forward to the discussions and ideas. Thanks
The best short term investments to protect your money and limit your risk:
  1. Lending Club
  2. Savings Accounts
  3. Cash Back Rewards Offers
  4. Roth IRA
  5. Certificate of Deposits (CD)
  6. Money Market Accounts
  7. Checking Accounts
  8. Short-Term Bond Funds and ETFs
  9. 5-Year Treasury Inflation Protected Securities
  10. Municipal Bonds and Corporate Bonds
  11. Pay Off High Interest Debt
  12. Bonus Idea: Prosper

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ