The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Any fastlaner from France ?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Ahmet1054

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 20, 2017
Paris, France
Hi everyone !

I'm a French-Turkish student from France. I know that most of you come from the U.S, some people from Brazil, Poland, South Korea... I'd like to know if some of you come from France ? I'd like to have some tips from those people about how to raise money (Kickstarter or Kiss kiss bang bang ?), how to avoid difficulties when it comes to start a business (especially what kind of legal structure I have to chose...).

If other people have information to give me to make it easier to start a business, I'll take it ! :)

Thx !

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

G2TS-Man

Inventor / Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 13, 2016
Somewhere in FRANCE
Salut Ahmet, bienvenue a toi je suis Français ;) pas tout a fait a côté de toi je suis sur Dijon !!!
French
Hi everyone !

I'm a French-Turkish student from France. I know that most of you come from the U.S, some people from Brazil, Poland, South Korea... I'd like to know if some of you come from France ? I'd like to have some tips from those people about how to raise money (Kickstarter or Kiss kiss bang bang ?), how to avoid difficulties when it comes to start a business (especially what kind of legal structure I have to chose...).

If other people have information to give me to make it easier to start a business, I'll take it ! :)

Thx !

Ahmet1054

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 20, 2017
Paris, France
Salut Ahmet, bienvenue a toi je suis Français ;) pas tout a fait a côté de toi je suis sur Dijon !!!
French
Wouah incroyable ! Je ne pensais pas qu'il y aurait des Français sur ce forum !! :) :)
Tu as lu le livre je suppose ?
Tu es étudiant ou t'es déjà sorti du système scolaire ?

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
since we are on an english speaking forum, i suggest we speak english instead

even if our english is bad, we are still following the rules of the forum.

so to answer your question :

1) yes i am a frenchman here

2) no i am not a fastlaner

and i won't because odds are agaisnt me

and i don't care anyway. i don't want to be rich but to retire as soon as possible

no matter the way needeed

i surf this forum for the smart ideas it gives me because people are smart

most forum are filled with absurds topics : small talk, TV shows,

as a human, i am not on earth for this kind of things that are insulting human inteligence

i deserve a better life

Roland

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Aug 24, 2013
UK
French too but have been living out of France for the past 5 years.
To give you my view about France, I think that it is a very nice country to live in and specially so if you are an employee.
If you want to have your own business it is another story. Not impossible as many people do it but difficult. It costs significantly more than in other countries and the social system is so protective of the employees that it becomes a pain in the neck because if you have grievances against your employees your hands are pretty much tied and you can't do anything.
That's only my view but for having managed a company there and in other countries too, I wouldn't go back to France to start a business.
Hope that helps.

100speed

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jan 2, 2017
London
Je suis Anglais, mais ayant habite en France (a Nice) pour a peu pres 4 ans je suis completement bilingue! J'habite en Angleterre actuellement mais j'aimerais bien retourner en France quand je serais plus age et egalement plus riche ;)

My mum started a company in France and the loopholes you have to go through are very annoying. From what I remember as an autoentrepreneur is it recommended to shut down your business every 3 years to prevent paying much higher social charges (I think?!) . I'm so glad I live in England at the moment - over regulation has really killed innovation within the french market :L

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
French too but have been living out of France for the past 5 years.
To give you my view about France, I think that it is a very nice country to live in and specially so if you are an employee.
If you want to have your own business it is another story. Not impossible as many people do it but difficult. It costs significantly more than in other countries and the social system is so protective of the employees that it becomes a pain in the neck because if you have grievances against your employees your hands are pretty much tied and you can't do anything.
That's only my view but for having managed a company there and in other countries too, I wouldn't go back to France to start a business.
Hope that helps.

True. It's sad that a country that was once the most important distributor of Enlightenment to countries all over Europe, is now a rusty obsolete bureaucracy, paralyzed by unions which are stuck in Industrial Age and administrative protectionist laws.

And for some reason, many people (and also companies) are terrified by technology.

Or maybe I'm just frustrated after working too long for a French company.

I love traveling in France and it's people though.

Pierrick

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Feb 8, 2017
Bourgogne, France
True. It's sad that a country that was once the most important distributor of Enlightenment to countries all over Europe, is now a rusty obsolete bureaucracy, paralyzed by unions which are stuck in Industrial Age and administrative protectionist laws.

And for some reason, many people (and also companies) are terrified by technology.

Or maybe I'm just frustrated after working too long for a French company.

I love traveling in France and it's people though.

It's True. Build a business is easy in France and you have a lot of help for create BUT, after 3 years it's taxes, taxes and many taxes .. It's very difficult to develop an activity and the mindset in france does not promote entrepreneurship...
I think the best place in europe for create is UK, or Switzerland.

Pierrick

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Feb 8, 2017
Bourgogne, France

G2TS-Man

Inventor / Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 13, 2016
Somewhere in FRANCE
Wouah incroyable ! Je ne pensais pas qu'il y aurait des Français sur ce forum !! :) :)
Tu as lu le livre je suppose ?
Tu es étudiant ou t'es déjà sorti du système scolaire ?
Hey Ahmet, Sorry for this late answer, I worked hard last days and I just respond now...

So:
- Yes I am reading the book (not finish it...)
- I am passionate by business spirit and personnal devlopment.
- No I had my BTS since 4 years and since I've created 2 business (but not really succesful...)...

At the moment, I am sales-man for AUDI - Volkswagen so I earn a good salary Yes, but I want to quit the slowlane and enter the FASTLANE, so in side of my principal job, I worked at night or sunday to create an activity, I will launch it in 2 months and I will talk about it in another post later.

And what about you ???? :)

G2TS-Man

Inventor / Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 13, 2016
Somewhere in FRANCE
I am entire agree with all of your opinions about France for business.

I think it's possible to be succesful here but so difficult (because of taxes and mindspirit of majority people...)
When I look where our country is going, i am so disgusting...

For my case, I project to quit France in 2 years (5 years max...) and going to live in PORTUGAL...

Ahmet1054

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 20, 2017
Paris, France
Hey Ahmet, Sorry for this late answer, I worked hard last days and I just respond now...

So:
- Yes I am reading the book (not finish it...)
- I am passionate by business spirit and personnal devlopment.
- No I had my BTS since 4 years and since I've created 2 business (but not really succesful...)...

At the moment, I am sales-man for AUDI - Volkswagen so I earn a good salary Yes, but I want to quit the slowlane and enter the FASTLANE, so in side of my principal job, I worked at night or sunday to create an activity, I will launch it in 2 months and I will talk about it in another post later.

And what about you ???? :)

No problem :)

I am a student in a business school (Neoma BS in Rouen, idk if u know...?).
I read the book one week ago and I'd like to launch something, maybe in a few years or months who knows ;)

I'm here because I want to feel the whole entrepreneur spirit and educate myself with it

Salesman for Audi congrats man ! :) I would have liked to have an experience in sales, it seems to be a good first work-experience

DW3

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jan 27, 2017
FRANCE
Hi guys !

Nice to meet you all.
I'm french but actually not a fastlaner ... Trying to get in shape and all the knowledge to start.
Living in the border with Germany and Switzerland !
And I've read the Millionaire Fastlane !

G2TS-Man

Inventor / Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 13, 2016
Somewhere in FRANCE
No problem :)

I am a student in a business school (Neoma BS in Rouen, idk if u know...?).
I read the book one week ago and I'd like to launch something, maybe in a few years or months who knows ;)

I'm here because I want to feel the whole entrepreneur spirit and educate myself with it

Salesman for Audi congrats man ! :) I would have liked to have an experience in sales, it seems to be a good first work-experience

Yes thank you it's cool and I earn a good salary for a 25yr old man but I aspiring to a Fastlane Life :)
Keeep going on your business school man :)

What is the theme of the projet you would like to finance by Crowfunding ?? :)

Ahmet1054

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 20, 2017
Paris, France
Yes thank you it's cool and I earn a good salary for a 25yr old man but I aspiring to a Fastlane Life :)
Keeep going on your business school man :)

What is the theme of the projet you would like to finance by Crowfunding ?? :)

For the moment I don't know yet, I'm thinking about it :)

G2TS-Man

Inventor / Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 13, 2016
Somewhere in FRANCE
For the moment I don't know yet, I'm thinking about it :)
Ok guy, keep going forward, I am searching too my fastlane idea, I have many ideas I beleive in, but I don't know the One I need to choose to success !!!!
Wethever, the wolrd is full of opportunities ! :)

G2TS-Man

Inventor / Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 13, 2016
Somewhere in FRANCE
I live in Bourbon-Lancy, a nice little town in south of Burgundy . 2 hour to Dijon and 2 hour to Clermont Ferrand. Do you know?

You are from Dijon? I have friends and family in Dijon! It's good city
YES I know Bourbon Lancy and all the south of burgundy, I went there when I was sales-man on the road ! :) do you know others Fastlaners in Burgundy ?

Exactly, I live in Beaune, 25mn to Dijon ! Wine-City :)

Pierrick

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Feb 8, 2017
Bourgogne, France
YES I know Bourbon Lancy and all the south of burgundy, I went there when I was sales-man on the road ! :) do you know others Fastlaners in Burgundy ?

Exactly, I live in Beaune, 25mn to Dijon ! Wine-City :)
Good , I never go to Beaune but i know by name and reputation of the city.
Fastlaners in south of burgundy, oh no ... sadly many slowlaners and many sidewalkers .

On the other hand, i've seen many times a man driving a Lamborghini Murcielago in my town but i never had the opportunity to meet them... A friend told me he have a big construction crane company. He's Fastlaner.

I only meet fastlaners in book's

G2TS-Man

Inventor / Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 13, 2016
Somewhere in FRANCE
Good , I never go to Beaune but i know by name and reputation of the city.
Fastlaners in south of burgundy, oh no ... sadly many slowlaners and many sidewalkers .

On the other hand, i've seen many times a man driving a Lamborghini Murcielago in my town but i never had the opportunity to meet them... A friend told me he have a big construction crane company. He's Fastlaner.

I only meet fastlaners in book's
Ahahhh it's exactly the same here !!!! But I don't see a Lambo there ;) Porsche, Audi Bmw etc....

At this time, I am a slowlaner too, but I'm aspiring toto became a Fastlaner in the next 2 years maximum :)

What is your Job/activities ???? :)

Pierrick

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Feb 8, 2017
Bourgogne, France
Ahahhh it's exactly the same here !!!! But I don't see a Lambo there ;) Porsche, Audi Bmw etc....

At this time, I am a slowlaner too, but I'm aspiring toto became a Fastlaner in the next 2 years maximum :)

What is your Job/activities ???? :)

I work on fastlane ideas in my free time since i read Mj's book (and other books)

My principals activities are football in a little club and fitness since 5 years. In opportunities, i play tennis, i drive karting, cinema and read books

My dreams? Travel the world, Have a cars for driving in circuit, a nice appartement in french riviera, free time for friends and family, and big garage with Italian supercars :cool:

My job, I'm a little department manager in distribution so nothing to lose for create a Business.

G2TS-Man

Inventor / Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 13, 2016
Somewhere in FRANCE
I work on fastlane ideas in my free time since i read Mj's book (and other books)

My principals activities are football in a little club and fitness since 5 years. In opportunities, i play tennis, i drive karting, cinema and read books

My dreams? Travel the world, Have a cars for driving in circuit, a nice appartement in french riviera, free time for friends and family, and big garage with Italian supercars :cool:

My job, I'm a little department manager in distribution so nothing to lose for create a Business.
Ok Guy !!! That's cool keep going you're in the right way : You have dreams, you know it's possible to reach them with idea+work, you're searching for this Idea !!!! And you say you have nothing to loose.... so GOOD :)

I am aproximatively in the same case as you ! :)

We stay in contact Pierrick :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.