The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Which logo for my counseling practice? + tag line ideas?

Idea threads

jb5150

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 18, 2016
I'd created my logo several months ago, but something about it just didn't sit quite right or reflect me or the service I am promoting.

For those that don't know me from other threads, I am a psychotherapist (no jokes plz;)) who specializes in relationships (attachment, codependency etc) and trauma.

The tagline, as you can see is "helping guide you to a better self" which is a bit of a play on words with the whole lighthouse motif. I realize its a bit vague, but I am struggling to come up with a tag line that encompasses both relationships and trauma. Maybe it doesn't need changing at all and my time would be better spent on other things. Any and all opinions are appreciated:)

Here are the two designs. The first is the one I currently use, and the other I'd just created today. The first to me feels a bit clinical and/or business-y so I wanted something a bit more holistic and soft. Anyway please let me know what you guys think. Tnx

3333.jpeg eeee.jpeg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DevinMK6

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Feb 2, 2017
Oregon
I personally like the newer logo much better. A lot cleaner and more professional, a type of sign I could see walking along the boardwalk (Which goes in hand with the "Lighthouse" aspect).

You say in your post that the tagline is "helping guide you to a better self" . Yet in the logo it says "Helping you navigate to a better self".
I would say that the navigation tagline is better. The original seems clunky to me.

jb5150

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 18, 2016
I personally like the newer logo much better. A lot cleaner and more professional, a type of sign I could see walking along the boardwalk (Which goes in hand with the "Lighthouse" aspect).

You say in your post that the tagline is "helping guide you to a better self" . Yet in the logo it says "Helping you navigate to a better self".
I would say that the navigation tagline is better. The original seems clunky to me.
You're correct, I mistyped the tagline. It is indeed "helping yo navigate to a better self".

Is it too generic though?

Thank you for the input.

DevinMK6

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Feb 2, 2017
Oregon
I like it for what your business is about (Attachment, codependency, etc).

"Helping you navigate to a better self" - No need for reliance on a partner, helping you realize that you are strong person and don't need to please others to make yourself happy. It really focuses on making them a better person.

A quick google search of "Lighthouse Counselling" bring up a couple pages under the same name. One for suicide prevention calls itself a "Beacon of Hope", which pertains to the special situation of what they cater to. They cater to people who contemplate suicide and bring hope for a better life.

I like how your tagline targets becoming your "better self". Because that's what your business reflects. Is it too generic or boring? I can't say for sure. But to me, I like it and I think it suits your business.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
I like the second one better. Looks more posh. Just my opinion.

Gareth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Nov 25, 2016
...When you need help to find your way

2nd one looks much nicer

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
The second for reasons already stated.

u.vallone

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 25, 2017
IT
The blue one is better. But... the lighthouse is too small. It could be an idea making the lighthouse overlap the circle (going partially outside: this can be considered a methaphor too). I don't like that the basement is invaded by water: it inspire weakness.

Inviato dal mio LG-K500n utilizzando Tapatalk

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I'd created my logo several months ago, but something about it just didn't sit quite right or reflect me or the service I am promoting.
I grew up in Michigan, where Light Houses are supreme. And I believe all the businesses who use a light house for a logo end up using something like these in the images in google.
light house michigan logo - Google zoeken
Hope that helps. I'm sure you can find more if you look around Lake Michigan, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Lake Superior, and Lake Ontario areas. A lot of businesses use it in our state.
The two images and seeing the ones back home a lot don't do your business justice. :)

jb5150

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 18, 2016
Thanks guys! End result is up, lighthousecounselling.ca

YoungBroward

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
May 15, 2016
That website took forever to load, might want to look into some ways to make it faster.. not sure if its just my computer

Gareth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Nov 25, 2016
Ran some pingdom tests. Website speed seems ok

Gareth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Nov 25, 2016
Your words cover the lighthouse and the background shaded area points to the sea. Flip the image so it points to the lighthouse

On scroll you need the menu to darken. The transparent menu causes the menu items to get lost.

Narrow the margins. Its a struggle to read such wide text.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I definitely like the second. The light blue has an almost therapeutic effect, and the font is both stylish and welcoming. The first one is also nice, but the style is more what I would expect from an outdoor sports store.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Your site took 109 seconds to load for me...I timed it.

Midas

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 10, 2016
I actually have a cousin who is in desperate need of your services, she is completely unable to move on and has started cutting. So I visit your site and the first thing I realize is that your landing page is overwhelming, I don't really want to read all that. I can't get a vibe of who you are just by reading. I would highly recommend a video intro on the landing page. The old school infomercial approach, "Are you bones aching at night?" "do you feel the weight of the world on your shoulders?", that shit will work until the end of time.

elipajo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Feb 27, 2017
United Kingdom
What about instead of "helping guide you to a better self" you use "Guiding you to a better self", it's more direct and confident and I think that will attract people.

Amon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Jun 29, 2016
Cleveland, OH
Really messy website. You might find yourself benefiting from Build a Website.

Keep the info with a different format.

At the current state, I clicked on and almost immediately clicked off.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.