The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone with Auto Immune Diseases or Arthritis?

Mr.Chaos

Wolves love Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Mar 16, 2016
Atlanta
Hey all wanted to chime in and see if anyone has experience with these kinds of things specifically rheumatoid arthritis. AutoImmune diseases runs in my family and I fear I may have just had my first "flare up" going to doctor soon to verify.

I hear it can be managed with medicine, but i fear it may distract me from my goals and make them unreachable. So I am a bit worried.

After all life without being able to do what I love is well not worth living.

Cheers

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
Hey all wanted to chime in and see if anyone has experience with these kinds of things specifically rheumatoid arthritis. AutoImmune diseases runs in my family and I fear I may have just had my first "flare up" going to doctor soon to verify.

I hear it can be managed with medicine, but i fear it may distract me from my goals and make them unreachable. So I am a bit worried.

After all life without being able to do what I love is well not worth living.

Cheers
Well man, as of now you don't officially have it, so don't sell yourself short by pulling an Angelina. Fear of the devil is often worse than Satan himself.

I'm at risk of getting Carpel Tunnel right now, because of my work, which is weird considering all the dangerous stuff I've done and continue to do, sitting down and typing is causing the most injury to my body. But I'm finding ways to manage it, like changing hand positions, icing, and taking frequent breaks.

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
Not all autoimmune diseases are genetic.

For example I have Type 1 diabetes which is an autoimmune disease but it has next to no genetic link.

So arthritis runs in your family?

I tend not to worry about something which hasn't happened yet.

GSF

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Aug 25, 2012
I have autoimmune, ankylosing spondylitis. started in my early 20s with flare ups, every morning back pain and burning ribs, then spread to my hips and legs. At my worst I couldn't walk, and would wake up in the worst pain like someone sticking a drill in your spine. I went from fit and healthy to pretty much disabled and reliant on others. Had to close my business and it really effected my life, I was never comfortable and always in pain. I'm now in early 30s and have it under control with monthly immune suppressant injections and I'm fine it's amazing. I ignored it for too long, and It took a long time for doctors to diagnose it so get it checked out early. I also found that a low starch low sugar diet helped with the early stage flare ups so give that a try!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mr.Chaos

Wolves love Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Mar 16, 2016
Atlanta
Thank you are right, it is just difficult to not google yourself to death. Schedule an appointment with my gp to run some blood test to figure out what those symptoms were.

Mr.Chaos

Wolves love Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Mar 16, 2016
Atlanta
I have autoimmune, ankylosing spondylitis. started in my early 20s with flare ups, every morning back pain and burning ribs, then spread to my hips and legs. At my worst I couldn't walk, and would wake up in the worst pain like someone sticking a drill in your spine. I went from fit and healthy to pretty much disabled and reliant on others. Had to close my business and it really effected my life, I was never comfortable and always in pain. I'm now in early 30s and have it under control with monthly immune suppressant injections and I'm fine it's amazing. I ignored it for too long, and It took a long time for doctors to diagnose it so get it checked out early. I also found that a low starch low sugar diet helped with the early stage flare ups so give that a try!

Wow, your'e a trooper! Are you back in business again?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.