The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Got no sales yet, what do you think about my website?

Kirijin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 19, 2015
hey guys :)

So yeah, got this website set up and just started running. It is a fiverr arbitrage website. The gig I am using is for creating drawn portraits of people. I am not that experienced so I wanted to ask you guys what you think about it?

The websites name is www.Myfacedrawing.com

Got about 340 hits with 40% bounce rate but no sales. Should I change something before doing more marketing?

Would appreciate any advide here,

Cheers!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
Took like 30 seconds to see anything but a blank white screen.

G

GuestUserX09

How did you validate the market for this? And you will need to generate traffic somehow, I'm not convinced that this service would get a lot of organic traffic off the bat

Jan Edmark

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Aug 1, 2016
@Kirijin To add something different. I feel like you should show people "before and after" or examples of what it would look like. Assuming there is a market (probably is, lots of gigs like this in fiverr) I still wouldn't know if your service is good enough, and I don't wanna click a button and then fill out a form and STILL have no idea if what your offering is worth it.

Would you get your haircut by a barber without seeing how good he is and just wait to be "surprised" after you've paid?

Denim Chicken

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jun 5, 2010
California
The website itself once it loads looks good. but Im not sure there's market demand for this, even if free. Let alone, paid? There are apps that do this on phones, this is a snapchat type of deal, nothing I know most people would pay for.

jsk29

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Jul 30, 2014
US
+1 on the slow speed

Also:

- The headline gave the impression that it's an automatic upload -> convert process (eg. Convert to Cartoon - Convert photo to Cartoon - Cartoonize Yourself or Free Photo to Cartoon - Cartoonize Yourself Online) so it could be clearer eg. ("Turn your selfie into a cartoon! Upload your photo and we'll hand draw it!")

- When I clicked on the link to the offer page I was surprised by the $10.00 cost. It might be the wording? I think 'Order your face drawing!' would give me the impression that it's a paid service rather than free

- The sign up bar at the top gives me no incentive to sign-up. Perhaps you could give a special offer? eg. ("Subscribe to our newsletter & receive a coupon for 25% off")

I found TheCartoonist.Me via a quick google search and her facebook page has over 150k likes, so it may be a viable service

4Ring_

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Jan 31, 2017
New York
The home page loaded fairly quickly for me, maybe 3 seconds, but not 30 like mentioned above?
@Kirijin To add something different. I feel like you should show people "before and after" or examples of what it would look like.

There's a Gallery section that does just that.

So the advice so far is:
- You need to optimize loading times
- Give more examples in the gallery section.
- Incentive to leave an email
- Clearer understanding of your service
- My question: If your motto explicitly states: "Turn any picture into a work of art" - then why are you just drawing faces? Be more specific or people will begin submitting pictures of their cats and pet turtles... not saying that you wouldn't take their money, just saying that the design of your site makes it seem like its specifically for face pics (selfies etc)

I'm pretty sure this is just an example of what is yet to come... good luck on your venture.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
It loaded immediately for me and I love the simplicity and fun nature of the website. It's perfect for what you're doing. Perfect font choice.

One HUGE things for me is I want to see what I'm getting. Replace the generic graphics for each step with examples of what is really submitted and created. Show an actual photograph of two or three people, followed by examples of two or three different styles, followed by finished drawings of the same two or three people. People don't know what they're paying for, and I think people will pay $10 for this. But they need to see what they're paying for. With artsy stuff like this, people want to SEE it not READ about it.

P.S. Offer to draw pets too.

P.P.S. Your copy needs some work. For example, your headline sounds like you upload a picture and it just spits out an image with a cartoon effect. It's not clear they get a custom hand-drawn image of themselves until you're at the bottom of the page.

Gray Blimp

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Jun 21, 2016
Perhaps you can add a call-to-action or a get started button on the "About Us", "Gallery", and "Contact" pages, maybe even add a get started button up there, because as it is now, I have to go back to the home page to buy. I don't want to have to do that.

andrewhook

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Oct 22, 2016
Italy
Have you done any market research before starting it?
Are people already paying money in this market?
If they aren't, you have to create a buying habit, and good luck with that...

About your website, I really like it!
Why don't you post some of your work directly on the home page with a "Go to the gallery" button?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I bought a drawing of a headshot of myself a while back from Fiverr. It was cr@p and I never used it (I suspect it was just scanned through some software to make a picture from the photo).

I can't remember exactly why I did it but it was business related. Maybe the logo or favicon for some project I had in mind.

As it was a business project and a business expense, the $5 was a throw-away-expense.

What would business owners or content producers want drawings like these for?

How many pet owners would like drawings made from photos?

Etc.

I thought of doing some arbitrage when I couldn't find telemarketers in Dublin when I Googled for them.

I could find a few on Upwork or Fiverr (I can't remember which platform).

Check the Google Keyword Planner and see what related searches are out there for what you're offering.

See who's running ads and reverse engineer how they're monetising.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

ljb7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Jun 7, 2014
Put numerous examples of your work on your landing page. It needs to be abundantly clear what you're offering in the first couple of seconds (and I should not need to find my way to your gallery section to get a better idea).

Figure out exactly who you want to target. I'd go niche to start. That way you can tailor your website to this niche and you'll likely have more success with it to start.

Let's take pet owners. Everyone loves their pet. I can't really see the value in getting a cartoon of my pet, but if you were to offer merch like cups / clothing / etc, with your cartoonified pet illustration I might be interested!

This would be simple to set up considering how many on-demand printers are available, wouldn't require you to hold any stock (as its basically dropshipping), and it'd give you great upsell opportunities and ways to make more money! (plus since you'd be creating real physical products, I can imagine friends seeing something like that and wanting one too). Cool gift idea too and you could definitely market it towards gift givers! Who wouldn't love to receive a coffee mug with their cartoonified pup on it?!

Just an idea of the top of my head. You could explore this so much further.

andrewhook

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Oct 22, 2016
Italy
Let's take pet owners. Everyone loves their pet. I can't really see the value in getting a cartoon of my pet, but if you were to offer merch like cups / clothing / etc, with your cartoonified pet illustration I might be interested!
Awesome idea :praise:

If his business does not have a market, then it's not a business...

100speed

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jan 2, 2017
London
hey guys :)

So yeah, got this website set up and just started running. It is a fiverr arbitrage website. The gig I am using is for creating drawn portraits of people. I am not that experienced so I wanted to ask you guys what you think about it?

The websites name is www.Myfacedrawing.com

Got about 340 hits with 40% bounce rate but no sales. Should I change something before doing more marketing?

Would appreciate any advide here,

Cheers!

The website looks great on laptop, very simple and clear however I found there were no examples of previous work displayed or any mention of price, this may be the main factor putting people off from buying?
Put something about page price above the page fold, if you use hotjar analytics, you'll probably see that most people click off before scrolling to read any of what you have written as well, so potentially a more descriptive hero title would convert traffic better.

Last edited:

Kirijin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 19, 2015
thanks alot for your advice guys, yeah, the traffic data I got from my website makes alot of sence now :D. There are still basic mistakes I have to fix to make this profitable.

If there really isn't a market for this however, I can still try to niche down, I love that idea to offer merchandise items!

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Just took a quick peak:

- My eyes, the goggle do nothing (way too bright imho)
- Nothing of value above the fold
- No examples above the fold
- No idea of price or why I'd want to do this
- Why is the checkout / upload page so large? You could fit all of that on one page.

Honestly, I hate almost everything about the page. If I visited here from an interesting ad I'd likely leave immediately.

It's not a terrible idea but the execution is brutal.

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
I think the product has merit, I could see my wife buying half a dozen of various versions.

With this feedback on your website, you'll get it cleaned up in no time. Keep up the actionable efforts and you'll make progress.

Good luck.

lbliii

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
850%
Feb 18, 2017
Wilmington, NC
I think you should leverage instagram and a facebook page to showcase your conversion of person-to-cartoon. Specifically, I'd target tags and accounts that seem to love anime, Disney, cartoon network, etc. I think this is a cool idea (I like anime) and I'm sure someone would buy them. You are creating vectors, right? You could create more value to your products by adding the option to slap these on mugs, t-shirts, nice pieces of paper, pillows, etc. If you've never heard of printful, they do that for you -- but it would affect your prices, but only for those items and not the default one you're already charging $10 for. Consider creating an Etsy store as a means of traffic to your main site. I still sometimes get purchases on 1 shirt in particular I made a few months ago because they find it (without me advertising). You can link back to your main website and hope they prefer it.

Also, if you want a rebuilt website that will load faster, I'd be willing to build one for you using the bubble platform for free. (I'm trying to build a portfolio.)

Overall, I like the idea but the site does load slow (especially the gallery). Good luck!

gustavo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Mar 31, 2014
What's up bro...

My advice would be to make the site a little faster somehow....the overall presentation is very cool....

Could you reach out to people with moderate to large followings of Instagram followers and have them run a promotion for you....?

For example: offer a free cartoon pic for them and pay them a fee to feature your services/website on their Instagram profile with a a link to your website.

Just a suggestion.

johnwmintz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Jan 22, 2017
Anniston, AL
First off, good job on hiding the whois data. I noticed its a private listing. I did notice the site loaded slow. You may want to check with your hosting company. It may have an issue somewhere. I also double checked on Facebook and only noticed you shared your site on pages to advertise your business. I didn't see any "Official Page of My Face Drawing". I did see a large amount of pages for face drawing.

John

thehighlander

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Dec 31, 2016
California
The gallery examples should be the focus on the front page.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Zellot

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Feb 2, 2017
UK
Although the site doesn't load that slow for me - maybe you have optimised it recently - looking at the network traffic for the site there is a shocking amount of unnecessary data being sent over. Especially for a page that is ultimately static, you should be able to get sub 1 second load times pretty easily.

This is a very common problem with Wordpress, especially when you start using Visual Composer or other page builders. I would go through all your plugins and delete as much as you can get away with. eg, you are not using font-awesome. I don't know much about Visual Composer - whenever I came across it the first thing I do is get rid of it - but if you can't get someone to create a custom theme for you, I would look into ways to optimise it.

You may also find using wp-super-cache will speed things up.

Zellot

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Feb 2, 2017
UK
Also, especially since you are potentially taking payment from people you really should be serving your traffic over an encrypted connection using https. These days, with free certs available from LetsEncrypt there really is no excuse.

KrisB

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Feb 13, 2017
San Francisco
I counted to a sloooow 30 and bailed. Whatever you've got loading on your page, it's so bloated it's killing you. Fix this before you throw any money at traffic.

andrewhook

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Oct 22, 2016
Italy
sy6Sr