The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to win a Reader's Choice?

OutThink

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 21, 2017
USA
Hey everyone,

Need the FastLane's help on this one. So the business I am in something like a Reader's Choice in a local newspaper means a lot. In one of the cities that I do business in, my main competitor cheated and won the "Best Of" in all 3 categories and that was not fun to see in the paper and on TV for a few months. Now the other city that I do business in, that newspaper is having their "Best Of" right now. Now I'm not going to let anyone beat me in this since I've heard from a newspaper person that if someone want's to win a reader's choice bad enough, they will. My question is is there a service out there that I can use to guarantee a victory?

Thanks in advance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
My question is is there a service out there that I can use to guarantee a victory?

Ya mean, like cheat?

Wouldn't having a great business with a giant list of satisfied customers guarantee you the win?

OutThink

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 21, 2017
USA
Ya mean, like cheat?

Wouldn't having a great business with a giant list of satisfied customers guarantee you the win?

Yes it certainly would and we have that as we've been in business almost 60 years but when others are cheating and end up winning all the category's it doesn't look too good for us.

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
In home remodeling there are all sorts of awards, some from associations, some others from magazines. You can "buy" them by donating or helping in some other way.... I know.. it's dumb.. You would think it was from merit but it's more about who you know than what you know.

Anyway you ought to go down to the editors office and talk to them. Tell them you would like to put your company in the running... talk to as many people as you need to to figure out how to win. Maybe go talk to someone who works for the company that won last year. Find a disgruntled employee who will spill the beans. Im thinking you'll have to get creative.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
n, that newspaper is having their "Best Of" right now

So how is voting done? Online? How to win is determined by how the contest is run.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
So how is voting done? Online? How to win is determined by how the contest is run.

Building on this, is there any clear cut decision process? If so, leverage that. If you have a huge customer base, ask them for help.

If you have an email list, ask them to write testimonials to whoever makes the decision.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.