The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anybody interested in a "Fast-Lane" body transformation challenge to push each other...?

Are you happy with what you see in the mirror?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
Watcha gonna do when FLF runs wild on you!?!?

772720fbd284fd04b19034abe14ee532.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Best thread ever.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I would be down for some kind of group gym/health thread. I am big into both. Not sure why there is no original thread though?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AFMKelvin

Some Profound Quote Goes Here
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Jan 26, 2016
Rice, Texas
Yeah I'm up for this. Let's post a recent pic and another picture in a month to see how far we've gotten.

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
Got to have a sense of humor too...don't worry it is free. In for the group

MrHall

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 13, 2017
Northern Kentucky
I'm down. The ad popping up on this thread is advertising "Chili Mac"... Sounds better than working out... Just saying.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
What's the diet like? I can't do caffeine after noon, so far it seems to be working though...

MetalGear

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
258%
Jan 24, 2017
Narnia
I printed out a sheet to physically check each day that I follow through with the plan...you still alive grindmode?

Anthony Ogini

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Feb 19, 2017
Brampton
Somehow my OG post got wiped clean....

A previous 67 day transformation. Call BS but no drugs (was steroid free around 4-5 years during this transformation), did NO CARDIO, lifted 2-3 times weekly no more than 20 minutes in true H.I.T. style, ate 900-1200 calories daily which I took the "radical" approach of skipping breakfast plus lunch which the energy WOW along with caffeine on an empty stomach hits you like BOOM, only supplement I took was simple $4 bottle of "No-Doz" brand 200mg of caffeine per each pill at 4:30 am then was at the gym lifting by 5:00am then home by 5:30am, I did originally was to "debunk" or prove that supplements are a joke which after my 2-3 weekly workouts I would drink a full glass of skim milk which I later switched to protein powder from Wal-mart as it was more cost effective, I was working 65-75 hours a week 6 days a week driving 1 hour each way to my office, and I'm trying to think of any other "BS" anyone will call me out on... The second and third picture were taken on day 67 exactly at a weight of around 197 lbs which I am 6 foot exactly waist went from a 38 to a comfortable 30 inch pant size...

I was "pumped up" after a workout in the last two pic's which added 10lbs roughly to the camera for the hour window after your workout....

NOW, who has the balls to post a shirtless pic of the CURRENTLY and I don't subscribe to the newspaper but I'm thinking of a way to prove the date to show all the haters and doubters how using just a little bit of that "fast lane" drive/discipline it is very simple to follow a diet/fitness plan thats extremely basic even if you don't have a gym at home fine I have alternative exercises you can complete on your "lifting days"...

Day 1:

View attachment 14207

Day 67: View attachment 14208View attachment 14209

PS- I know the "Flamingo collage" picture is high class... but so is being a grown man living at your parents house again! The hardest part is admitting or facing reality which show the WHOLE WORLD to fire you up on WHY YOU NEED/WANT TO CHANGE!

:)
Great work man!!

grindmode

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 21, 2017
Kansas City
I'd be definetly interested in some sort of "transformation-challenge".
Are you in "NEED" or are you ready to actually DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT...? If so pm me... I'm not selling or promoting anything other than overall health and fitness.. I don't and will never start a blog or write ebooks nor do anything related to fitness for monetary gains....

I just know the feeling of how GOOD and how much more ENERGY you have when your not "a meathead" but even just in healthy lean shape sub 10% body fat... Ive had 2 heart attacks and a stroke before I turned 27... Health and time are something PRICELESS no amount of money can buy :)

MrHall

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 13, 2017
Northern Kentucky
I used to weigh about 185-190 in high school and a bit way through college. Once I joined a fraternity and started drinking more things went south. Even worse, when I graduated and became a cubical jockey I rapidly gained weight. I now weigh about 265.

Yesterday was my third day in a row of walking/running for over an hour. It felt amazing. Updates will come as I continue to get back in shape.

Kinematic

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jul 31, 2016
Dallas, TX
Firstly, awesome progress @grindmode! Do you mind going into detail a little about your cut? Starting weight in first pic?

I've been on a cut as well (not as aggressive as yours and slowly bumping the cals back up) and food is all one needs! No extra supplements required.

You mentioned you were steroid/drug free for X time before your cut. Care to elaborate on your cycle and previous stats if you did run anything in the past? I'm genuinely curious on what can be maintained after usage and for how long.

domifreezy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 7, 2016
I'll start with a new diet soon.
At the moment im bulking.
After my A-Levels in two months I will begin with a cut.
But I'm not sure which sort of diet works best for me.
Iifym or Low Carb?
What are your experiences on this topic?

G

Guest24480

@grindmode Are you sure 900 calories a day is healthy? That seems really, really low to me. You don't need to starve yourself to lose weight and like you said, it's simply calories in, calories out. You could probably get away with 600-1k more calories and still lose over 2 lbs a week depending on how big you are. Why not just eat a light lunch to prevent sluggishness along with a heavier dinner and then fast from 8pm-12pm the next day. 8 hour feeding window. Also, you're relying on caffeine in an unhealthy way and you will burn out eventually. Why are you doing this to yourself, for convenience sake?

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
@grindmode

Given that steroids are felonious, please do not discuss them on the forums.

I have no moral issues with them and don't think they should be illegal, but I don't want MJ to get in trouble over accusations that his forum facilitates criminal activity.

If you must discuss cycles, please do so over your own private emails.

G

Guest24480

Yes I am sure 900 calories daily is sufficient as I appreciate your concern... Does it look like I'm starving? Im gaining muscle on 900 calories daily... at a turtles pace since I'm near my genetic max. Did you not read I PIG OUT 1 day a week? These days I eat 2 chipotle burritos in one sitting with whatever I want, often exceeding 5k+ cals those days. The human body does not run on a 24 hour restart cycle like we do in our working lives.... Just like SLEEP, your body can take less at certain times while catching up at other times...

Why am I "DOING THIS TO MYSELF...?". I don't know what really to say other than because I CAN and "DOING THIS TO MYSELF" obviously has gotten me into very good shape naturally which I truly enjoy working out plus IT'S HEALTHY to not be overweight or obese...

Again, each person is different... I don't do any physical activity other than workout briefly... When I've worked jobs doing manual labor in the past then YES 900 calories would be absolutely unhealthy and my body would convert its muscle to protein or fuel from the lack of calories....

Thanks for your "appreciation" but I'm good, trust me.
Okay, well thanks for clarifying. I was simply curious because I think you could get away with a little higher calorie intake and was unsure why you wouldn't just get those calories in for energy's sake rather than substituting with caffeine. If that works for you though then all the power to you. I agree that a load day is necessary on a long-term diet plan, even just for sanity's sake. I used to carb load on Sundays back when I was eating clean and was still losing 2.5 lbs / week with ease.

Tomekmeister

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jan 21, 2016
Call BS but no drugs
It really is a great transformation, but the comparison isn't fair (which makes it look BS).
Normal photo vs perfect lighting, probably your best pose and I guess the photo was taken shortly after workout. Unfortunately (or not) such transformation isn't possible for people who haven't trained before (muscle memory does it's job).

Anyways, great job. You motivated me :D

Tomekmeister

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jan 21, 2016
A TYPICAL RESPONSE FROM SOMEONE WHO IS NOT WILLING TO PUT IN HARD WORK!!!

Does lighting or a certain "body POSE" make a difference? Sure! Does it make the transformation "fake or NOT REALSTIC?"...

HELL NO!!!!! EXCUSES and realize I AM TRYING TO HELP OTHERS FOR FREE IF THEY WISH OR HAVE THE WILL TO WANT SOME FREE HELP AS THIS IS MY PASSION! I would be a personal trainer if the money grew on tree's or if I did not require hanging out in a gym all day! I truly enjoy helping others which is WHY AGAIN I AM GAIING NOTHING NOR SELLING ANYTHING FITNESS/DIET RELATED NOR EVER WILL!

Does a "pump" after a workout add the "illusion of more size?". YES! I MENTIONED THIS IN MY ORIGINAL POST! On average a "PUMP" can make you look up to 10 lbs heavier or 10 lbs more muscle because of the pure fact your muscles are full of blood for that 30 minutes post workout! AGAIN, does this dis-credit my transformation OR the fact the RESULTS LIKE THESE CAN BE OBTAINED BY ANYONE (within their own genetic potential) WITH NO DRUGS? YES!

MUSCLE MEMORY???? HAHAHA! Another MYTH..... Do you REALLY THINK YOUR MUSCLES HAS THE ABILITY TO "REMEMBER OR KNOW THAT YOUR DOING HMMM LET'S SAY PULL UPS FOR EXAMPLE.... DO YOU HONESTLY THINK YOUR MUSCLES INSTANTLY OR BEGIN TO THINK ***HEY LATS AND BICEPS, WE ARE DOING PULL UPS AGAIN LETS TURN SOME MAGICAL SWITCH TO START GAINING MUSCLE FAST LIKE WE DID YEARS BEFORE!!!!****"......

YOUR IGNORANCE AND NEGATIVITY DOES NOT HURT MY FEELINGS AT ALL (I know what I did with strictly busting my @ss and I have tried EVERY diet/workout routine all the way to was in college for Exercise science & Kinesiology (not to become a Personal Trainer BUT to obtain a PHD in the actual science of exercise/diet to apply/research in professional and/or Olympic athletes, which YES I dropped out after 3-4 years to MAKE MONEY although I DID LEARN A LOT in pre med courses simply on how the human body functions/adapts/performs/works/etc)..... WHO CARES RIGHT? I agree, TALK IS CHEAP BUT RESULTS FROM ACTION ISN'T!

Your again only DISCOURAGING other's (not myself) IN YOUR IGNORANCE regarding diet/fitness/weight loss!!! That is why I am baffled at such a post as YOURS! Even if you do not have the BEST GENETIC'S, YOU CAN BE THE BEST YOU WITHIN YOUR GENTIC POTENTIAL WHICH AS LONG AS SOMEONE IS HAPPY WITH THEMSELVES WHO CARES IF THEY AREN'T AS BIG OR RIPPED AS SOMEONE ELSE!!!!!

Simply going from a 38 INCH WAIST AND WELL ABOVE 20%+ BODYFAT LEVELS

TO

Transforming your body to something such as a 30-32 INCH WAST AT SUB 10% BODYFAT LEVELS,

CREATES AN ILLUSION THAT EVEN AT ONLY SAY 150 POUNDS SOME GUYS LOOK LIKE THEY WEIGH 180-190! Small waist and a back/torso tapering in a "V- SHAPE" towards shoulders WIDER THAN YOUR WAISTLINE, CREATES THIS ILLUSION!!!

I am WAITING FOR OTHERS TO POST PICS OF THEMSELVES NOW and I WILL ALSO THEN WATCH US TRANSFORM MY CLOSE MINDED IGNORANT FRIEND!

AND TO DEBUNK YOU FURTHER.... ENJOY THE PIC PROVING YOUR "POSE OR BODY POSITION" making this transformation UNREALISTIC!!! :) :) :)
View attachment 14239

I am not even going to get into this pile of hatred. Insulting you back isn't going to get me any closer to financial freedom.
Instead I wish you a great day :)

PS: Please research the topic before calling me a "CLOSE MINDED IGNORANT FRIEND".
“Muscle Memory” is Real and Here’s How It Works
What is muscle memory
How Muscle Memory Can Help You Gain Muscle & Strength Faster
What Is The Best Comeback Workout?

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Please, anyone about to embark on a serious dietary or physical change - do (lots of) your own research and do not take any individual piece of advice as fact.

I won't debate anything previously said in this thread, but I will offer a few starting points that I personally found helpful (and after lots of research largely rang true to me):

Diet: Paleo, Slow Carb or Keto. I personally find these three to have a lot of overlap albeit different executions. Dig deep to decide for yourself. The general idea of all 3 is, generally, "eat real food". Paleo is basically the meat, veggie, egg & nut diet. Slow carb is very similar but allows slowly digested carbs sources (legumes, for example). Keto is very strict but extremely science based - I'd say it's the hardest to stick to, hardest to fully understand, but is the most heavily rooted in biology and science.

Exercise: I can't say enough good things about strength training. The benefits are numerous and well documented. Stronglifts and Starting Strength (I prefer SS) are excellent and extremely easy beginner plans. I loved it so much I bought a power rack for my bedroom with 300lbs of weight. It's just damn fun, you see progress immediately, and you look better.

Fun site: www.simplesciencefitness.com - an overload of information in a very well thought out and approachable manner with a focus on science-based advice.

General advice: Diet for weight. Exercise for fitness. If you think you can jog your way to skinny jeans while eating big mac meals daily you likely haven't done the math on those two activities (or you REALLY love jogging).

grindmode

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 21, 2017
Kansas City
Please, anyone about to embark on a serious dietary or physical change - do (lots of) your own research and do not take any individual piece of advice as fact.

I won't debate anything previously said in this thread, but I will offer a few starting points that I personally found helpful (and after lots of research largely rang true to me):

Diet: Paleo, Slow Carb or Keto. I personally find these three to have a lot of overlap albeit different executions. Dig deep to decide for yourself. The general idea of all 3 is, generally, "eat real food". Paleo is basically the meat, veggie, egg & nut diet. Slow carb is very similar but allows slowly digested carbs sources (legumes, for example). Keto is very strict but extremely science based - I'd say it's the hardest to stick to, hardest to fully understand, but is the most heavily rooted in biology and science.

Exercise: I can't say enough good things about strength training. The benefits are numerous and well documented. Stronglifts and Starting Strength (I prefer SS) are excellent and extremely easy beginner plans. I loved it so much I bought a power rack for my bedroom with 300lbs of weight. It's just damn fun, you see progress immediately, and you look better.

Fun site: www.simplesciencefitness.com - an overload of information in a very well thought out and approachable manner with a focus on science-based advice.

General advice: Diet for weight. Exercise for fitness. If you think you can jog your way to skinny jeans while eating big mac meals daily you likely haven't done the math on those two activities (or you REALLY love jogging).

This THREAD has BECOME WORTHLESS AND COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC from a simple idea for other's interested in pushing each other along with myself to not just FAST LANE BUSINESS TALK but WEIGHT LOSS/GETTING IN SHAPE for HEALTH....

I wish a mod would just delete this or I erase any post of mine in this thread...

There is no "HATRED" or I am not trying to "INSULT YOU"... simply question WHY YOU want to bring negativity OR doubt to something that is intended to be a positive thing for anyone interesed? Along with Mr. Landlord... SMH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.