The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Mastermind - 5 People - 5 Guys Who Will Change the World

ljb7

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Jun 7, 2014
Thanks for the heads-up - I've never used Slack and use Skype all the time. What's the advantage of Slack over Skype?

They're pretty similar in function, but Slack has much more customisability.

You can create separate teams and channels (for example design/customer service/general/misc) within these teams which makes day-to-day chats and project management simpler and more organised.

The UI/UX is clean. Finding files and information from the past within the channels is a breeze. Also uploading and downloading larger files doesn't take 5 years so you don't have to resort to emailing them.

They also recently introduced video calls too which I find have more stable connection than Skype.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
Just start?

It sounds like you're talking yourself out of starting.

If it's something you're interested in doing then just jump in.

You'll learn more by engaging your peers, in the same way you learn more about business when you engage your market.

I'm not in any "official" mastermind groups with scheduled calls or meetups.

I am, however, in various small groups or in 1-2-1 communication with people who I share ideas and get and receive feedback from.

How did these start? By helping people and by natural "elimination". You'll know soon enough who's got a similar work ethic and similar values.

I was never really interested in joining this. I have no value to bring to the table.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I was never really interested in joining this. I have no value to bring to the table.
I've had PMs with about 1,400 people in the forum by this stage. So many people think they have no value to add yet, and that they aren't ready.

You can already add value.

I wrote this thread specifically for those who tangle themselves up and talk themselves out of starting:

kubbaaa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Nov 9, 2016
4 people sent me PM and nobody filled times of meetings in google sheet that I gave them .
Wtf

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
4 people sent me PM and nobody filled times of meetings in google sheet that I gave them .
Wtf
I think you need to have a mastermind for a specific type of business model. For example, an import/resell or a specific affiliate mastermind.
Also, I bet that if you phrased the thread as "Apply to Join My Mastermind: 3 Spots left!" -- you might get more people to join. But at the end, you will find that YOU have to do the work first and make money before you get followers. Like somebody said before, you are either a leader or follower. Being equals doesn't usually work out

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.