The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How hard is it?

GabrielDC

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Nov 26, 2016
Hello everyone, first of all I must apologize for my bad english, I am Italian, migrated to Germany( due to the terrible situation in Italy).

I looked deeply in the forum before writing this, and I couldn't find anything about this topic
(If I haven't looked deep enough, please let me know).

As a relatively young man, like a lot of people out there I think I have ''THE IDEA''.
The problem is, I came from a traditional italian family, so:
study, get a good job, marry in your hometown and stay close to the family.

It was very hard for me to just leave everything behind and start my new journey, but somehow I managed to do it.

One day, after coming home from my dead end job, I sitted in my armchair, reading Rich father, Poor father by Robert Kiyosaki, and an idea came up in my mind.

It has nothing to do with buildings and stock options, but after a lot of researches I decided to bring this idea to life.

But I don't really know where to start.
I know I need a database style website, but I don't know how to register a mark or wich hosting suits better for me.

Any toughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
I know I need a database style website, but I don't know how to register a mark or wich hosting suits better for me.

nobody knows where to start until they start...

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
www.namecheap.com get a domain and hosting from there, its my preferred choice.

You probably want your own business hosting account so you have direct database access, then use MYSQL or something to manage it. It's up to you. There are tons of ways to do this, and only you can figure out the answer.

Then there are things like this:

https://www.heroku.com/ That manage the database portion etc for you.

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
One step at a time, don't worry about step two until you have step one sorted.

If you get stuck on a step, research it, or hire someone if it's super technical.

You will be running before you know it, good luck!

GabrielDC

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Nov 26, 2016
www.namecheap.com get a domain and hosting from there, its my preferred choice.

You probably want your own business hosting account so you have direct database access, then use MYSQL or something to manage it. It's up to you. There are tons of ways to do this, and only you can figure out the answer.

Then there are things like this:

https://www.heroku.com/ That manage the database portion etc for you.
Thanks a lot, i'm working on it right now!

GabrielDC

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Nov 26, 2016
One step at a time, don't worry about step two until you have step one sorted.

If you get stuck on a step, research it, or hire someone if it's super technical.

You will be running before you know it, good luck!
I hope so, sometimes I think that I'm already too old to start, even if I just turned 24.
I think the hardest thing is to accept that everything that came before is now useless for me, and for the road that I'm choosing.

douevenshift

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Aug 1, 2016
Before jumping in to your plan I'd recommend reading The Millionaire Fastlane . I hear it's pretty well received here. It will give you a better understanding and a better chance for success.

Welcome to the forums

andrewhook

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Oct 22, 2016
Italy
Ciao Gabriel

E' un piacere vedere un altro ragazzo italiano qui :)
Se ci dici qualcosa di più riguardo al tuo progetto, possiamo darti qualche altro aiuto!

PS. Non preoccuparti, a 24 anni non sei vecchio per cominciare!!

======================

Hi Gabriel!

Nice to see another italian guy here :)
If you tell us more about your project, we could give you more help about it!

PS. Don't Worry, You're not old at 24!!

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
To answer your subject, it's hard, very hard actually. That's why only a small percentage of people are fastlaners.

As for being too old to start at 24 loll that was joke right?

Where to start? You've come to the right place. Start searching, reading (gold threads), read the book. They have one in Italian as well so you can better understand it. We're not sure what your starting so it's tough to define "where to start". If your building an ecomm store, you can do wordpress with woocommerce, magenta, shopify (most popular). If you just want to get a website up and running, then you need to register a domain - google domains or namecheap are good. Hosting; hostgator and bluehost are good options.

conquer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Apr 30, 2016
First step is making sure your idea fulfills a need.

Validate your website idea before you waste resources on development.

Use the feedback to refine and adjust your product/service.

There are many resources available on how to validate your website idea (YouTube, udemy.com etc.)

GabrielDC

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Nov 26, 2016
Ciao Gabriel

E' un piacere vedere un altro ragazzo italiano qui :)
Se ci dici qualcosa di più riguardo al tuo progetto, possiamo darti qualche altro aiuto!

PS. Non preoccuparti, a 24 anni non sei vecchio per cominciare!!

======================

Hi Gabriel!

Nice to see another italian guy here :)
If you tell us more about your project, we could give you more help about it!

PS. Don't Worry, You're not old at 24!!
Non pensavo di trovarne degli altri!
possiamo parlarne in privato!

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
Any toughts?

Have you ever heard of the shoe/clothing brand Nike?

The founder was a kid your age, with a "crazy idea". He presented his "crazy idea" about selling athletic shoes to his business class in college, and no one was impressed. He had no idea how to proceed with his crazy idea, and no one supported him going after it. He just tried things and figured it out as he went along.

The fact is, a lot of people don't know what they are doing. They are making it up as they go along. The ones who succeed are the ones who try hard enough to figure it out.

GabrielDC

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Nov 26, 2016
Have you ever heard of the shoe/clothing brand Nike?

The founder was a kid your age, with a "crazy idea". He presented his "crazy idea" about selling athletic shoes to his business class in college, and no one was impressed. He had no idea how to proceed with his crazy idea, and no one supported him going after it. He just tried things and figured it out as he went along.

The fact is, a lot of people don't know what they are doing. They are making it up as they go along. The ones who succeed are the ones who try hard enough to figure it out.
Yes, I know lots of stories like this.. but my biggest problem is going out the italian mindset I think, I'm working on it.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
Yes, I know lots of stories like this.. but my biggest problem is going out the italian mindset I think, I'm working on it.

Daily action creates success. Do something to build your business every day.

Success will fix your mindset quickly. Until you see some success, your idea is just an idea, and you will always be looking over your shoulder, wondering if you should turn around and go back to the "safe" mindset in which you were brought up.

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
I hope so, sometimes I think that I'm already too old to start, even if I just turned 24.
I think the hardest thing is to accept that everything that came before is now useless for me, and for the road that I'm choosing.
Nonsense. Ray Kroc was 52 when he started McDonald's. It's never too late to start. Just take it one baby step at a time and just get started somewhere.

Before you go ahead and spend a lot of time and money on building this software though, I would recommend asking your target market if this would be something they would buy, or would solve a problem for them.

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014

Any toughts?

My thoughts are that you are lying. You know exactly where to start.

I need a database style website - Google Search

how to register a mark - Google Search

wich hosting suits better for me - Google Search

It took me 20 seconds to answer these "insurmountable" problems that were keeping you from starting, I even left your misspelling intact for the last one, and Google was still smart enough to find you a gazillion links answering your question. Anything else you want someone else to do for you, or are you done with the excuses?

Coalission

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jan 8, 2014

Wow, disregard my previous message, I didn't know you were that old. It's much harder for people in your age bracket of 20-25, but anything is possible.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.