The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Advertising To 10 million people (INSTAGRAM)

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

KidFastlane

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Mar 22, 2016
I was wondering what you guys think about this way of marketing and if it would work.

- first I open up my business, t shirts,funny slogans etc... aimed towards the female audience (instagram has a large female audience

- create 50 instagram accounts and upload professional photos of the t shirts being worn by models.

- each day like 500 photos per account from competitors followers list (these are my niche) = 25000 a day total

- when a person receives a like they are curious to who liked their photo, they then look at the account who like the photo (one of my accounts) and the pictures of the t shirts catch their eye. They then proceed to follow my main account and hopefully being a potential buying customer.

- if I could get a 1% conversion rate this would = 100,000 sales

thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Running 50 accounts is going to be incredibly difficult. FollowLiker is an automated bot that would like the photos but to log in and out of so many accounts will be extremely timely. In my opinion, maybe use a maximum of 5 accounts. You will be able to be more personal that way. You can still automate the process and you won't be killing yourself trying to keep up with 50 accounts. Although you may not be able to reach the large amount of time as quickly, you are capable of liking 2,000ish photos per day on Instagram per account with FollowLiker while flying under the radar.

If you haven't already read this forum by @JimD - Instagram Marketing ($100 + profit, 4M followers) I highly suggest it. Lots of great content.

Last edited by a moderator:

KidFastlane

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Mar 22, 2016
cheers for the feedback!

Thing is I wouldl not be botting, it will all be manual. My ecommerce store would be set up, I would have a shop that prints the t shirts everytime I get an order so that leaves me with a lot of free time to be marketing. My plan is sort of like this:

- Year 1: Set up the instagram accounts and try to get a huge following on the main account.

- Year 2: spend 50 - 75% of gross profit on instagram shoutouts in my niche (hopefully getting more recognised) (add atleast 100 new designs)

- Year 3, 4, 5 etc spend atleast 50% gross profit on instagram shoutouts to make the business grow (100 - 200 new designs per year)

hopefully if all goes well the I would hire someone to do the shipping and it would pretty much run by itself.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
That's a tall task to like 25,000 photos each day my dude. I have a hard time keeping up with 1,000 photos a day, never mind 25,000. Go ahead and try it for yourself, but if I may suggest, try starting off with 3-5 accounts, liking 500 photos. See how much effort needs to be put into that. Then if you are still up to the task, add another 5 accounts, just a suggestion.

KidFastlane

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Mar 22, 2016
Hey Mikkel. Why do you like 1000 photos a day? for marketing? if so any success? also, do you how many accounts do you use? :)

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Hey Mikkel. Why do you like 1000 photos a day? for marketing? if so any success? also, do you how many accounts do you use? :)

I have 1 main account, in my particular niche I get a 40% follow-rate if I like photos of people who have liked niche related photos. In any given day, I will like 700 photos on one account and get on average 250 followers. I do this manually, but after about a month of doing this, my hands began to hurt. So I decided I would like to use an automated bot, which can do twice the work, double the followers with only 10% of the work.

Month ONE - 0 --> 1,000 Followers
Month TWO - 1,000 ---> 4,500 Followers

This is probably due to social cues. People realized my account was gaining traction, Large Follower to Following ratio (4,500 Followers to 150 Following)

It is possible to monetize at this point, but I think 50,000 is a reasonable goal to hit before doing that.

KidFastlane

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Mar 22, 2016
that is a decent following rate! do you sell a product or are you building the account to monetize?

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
that is a decent following rate! do you sell a product or are you building the account to monetize?

At the moment I am building the following to monetize. I have not figured out exactly what I would like to do, but I am really just trying to play Instagram's rules, which is not Fastlane. A possible idea is to send traffic to a website that sells products but I would need to do some testing and also a larger following would be needed. Although I get between 100 - 300 interactions per photo, I would not get enough click through at the moment. More followers, more eyes.

KidFastlane

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Mar 22, 2016
when you think about it. instagram is a gold mine. I see people selling shoutouts for as low as $50 to 1 million audience getting 20,000 likes a photo. with the right niche and right product you could potentially make bank. 1,000,000 followers / 50 dollars = $0.00005 you are paying for every potential customer!!!!

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
- create 50 instagram accounts and upload professional photos of the t shirts being worn by models.

- each day like 500 photos per account from competitors followers list (these are my niche) = 25000 a day total

As @Mikkel says this is going to be a huge task to do yourself manually and if you're going to take that route I'd definitely look to hand over a number of them to VAs to control as soon as possible. Personally I have 50+ accounts in different niches, but that's 70% bots and 30% manual and even that is a struggle to maintain the quality of account that I'm rather anal about having.

Definitely not trying to put you off though. If you can find a market and meet their needs then Instagram can be a goldmine. I won't tend to go with more than 5-10 accounts to a niche though (one main account, two essentially as backups if I manage to muck that one up and then a few just to add some social proof to get things going). Proxies are definitely going to be essential for anymore than 5 accounts.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Do you actually have a business, or is this all theoretical?

KidFastlane

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Mar 22, 2016
As @Mikkel says this is going to be a huge task to do yourself manually and if you're going to take that route I'd definitely look to hand over a number of them to VAs to control as soon as possible. Personally I have 50+ accounts in different niches, but that's 70% bots and 30% manual and even that is a struggle to maintain the quality of account that I'm rather anal about having.

Definitely not trying to put you off though. If you can find a market and meet their needs then Instagram can be a goldmine. I won't tend to go with more than 5-10 accounts to a niche though (one main account, two essentially as backups if I manage to muck that one up and then a few just to add some social proof to get things going). Proxies are definitely going to be essential for anymore than 5 accounts.

The thing is I would be using the accounts just for likes. People will receive a like, check out who liked their photo, land on one of my instagram accounts loaded with the t shirts in the persons niche, whilst all these temporary accounts link to the main account which will be the official account for my business.

Do you actually have a business, or is this all theoretical?

No I don't have a business, it's just an idea I thought I'd throw out there to get some feedback :)

MisterBHZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 10, 2013
Memphis, TN
Sounds like its going to be a pain in the a$$ trying to do this manually. Would paying for an ad on IG handle the grunt work for you?

KidFastlane

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Mar 22, 2016
Sounds like its going to be a pain in the a$$ trying to do this manually. Would paying for an ad on IG handle the grunt work for you?

The thing is I don't have much money to run adverts or buy shoutouts that's why for year 1 I thought this might be a good free way to advertise

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.