The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

WTF does Tai Lopez do?

Guru

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
the Tai Lopez case interests me a lot because his business model is based on a genius strategy : " create something out of nothing"

Tai Lopez is a true genius .

if you follow his business model, you don't have to sell a product

you just have to sell hope to lazy customers who have a lottery mindset.

hope becomes your product and you can always create hope out of nothing.

hope is just a word and a mindset.

this is like having God like power : you create something out of nothing and you can become rich with it.

what is value anyway ?

value is what customers say it is. so hope can be a valuable product for some people. value is just a point of view.

value is not the same thing for smart and stupid people.

just find the right audience for your creating something out of nothing

watch this :

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fhs8

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jan 22, 2016
My BS meter goes off with Tai Lopez. Having to show off a Lamborghini and a big house to prove his point?

I don't know exactly what products/services are being offered but it seems like a low level internet seminar ripoff. He may be withholding content in order to get someone to VIP status. I also don't think he's the best guy to learn from. From what I've read if it's about $67/mo and paying for mentor calls then I really do think it's a ripoff. At least you won't be out a couple thousand compared to other seminars (as far as I know but I could be wrong).

Last edited:

Heisenberglives

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 7, 2016
England
He's a brand marketer who preys on the weak by promising a Tony Stark-like lifestyle.

Forget it. Just read books you can get for a fiver and work hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
the guy has an incredible library. whether it is faked or not doesn't matter

because the guy is smart enough to know that knowledge is required to reach the next level

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Seriously?
15 pages of rummaging through someone else's dirty laundry?

remember that gossip press is read by 42 % of people. at least in France but i think this is the same number or so in the USA.

gossip, TV, press, talks in bars etc.

all these things are useless stupidities but are needed by the human race

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
remember that gossip press is read by 42 % of people. at least in France but i think this is the same number or so in the USA.

gossip, TV, press, talks in bars etc.

all these things are useless stupidities but are needed by the human race
I don't think gossip press is read by even 1% of people who actually got life.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
I don't think gossip press is read by even 1% of people who actually got life.

yes

but anyway, i don't care about people doing gossip about me if they are giving me money in return

and this is Tai Lopez winning mindset.

the end justifies the means .

i don't understand people doing business and seminars at 80 while they are rich ( bob proctor, brian tracy all these guys )

if i won the lottery , you wouldn't see me again on this forum playing the business guy. ever

in fact i would give my business books away or cast them

and forget about all this BS and pain of work to become free

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
How much money do you need?

thanks for paying my bills. oh my god.

i have been waiting for this moment for all my life

millions of dollars , fame and all these things of capitalist system are for you guys . this is your level and understanding of life. be the kings and so on

but i am not like you

for god's sake , let me be free with my time back and bills paid

Alxander

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 5, 2015
thanks for paying my bills. oh my god.

i have been waiting for this moment for all my life

millions of dollars , fame and all these things of capitalist system are for you guys . this is your level and understanding of life. be the kings and so on

but i am not like you

for god's sake , let me be free with my time back and bills paid
Tu as crazy

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
You may not like Tai, but he is a good businessman and brilliant marketer. His teachings are also very valuable.

from my point of view, his best skill is the ability to talk for hours without notes or anything

this is unbelievable. i compare him to Tony Robbins, not in terms of presence but in terms of talking skills

if you look at a Tony Robbins speech , this is unbelievable, he can talk for hours .

by the way, listening to Tony Robbins is a good exercice for people who are learning english

when you are able to grasp one thing every now and then in this deluge of words, you know you are making progress..:smile2::thumbsup:

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
from my point of view, his best skill is the ability to talk for hours without notes or anything

this is unbelievable. i compare him to Tony Robbins, not in terms of presence but in terms of talking skills

if you look at a Tony Robbins speech , this is unbelievable, he can talk for hours .

by the way, listening to Tony Robbins is a good exercice for people who are learning english

when you are able to grasp one thing every now and then in this deluge of words, you know you are making progress..:smile2::thumbsup:

I find Tai's public speaking skills rather poor, he doesn't engage you as much as Tony for example. Tai just speaks like a normal person into the camera, kinda plain.
But he does speak Knawledge, which makes him interesting to listen to :p

Denim Chicken

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jun 5, 2010
California
I'm unsubscribing from this thread. Sick of Tai Lopez butting his fake head into my life. I watched his 67 steps and I dont know maybe if you're new to business it might be "OK", but it is literally a buzzfeed type listicle of random shit that he pulled out of his a$$. I just remember one was "Get tough" or something stupid.

Seriously he belongs in the WSO world and I give him props for being #1 at that but if we're talking true entrepreneurship and value then books like MJs or Blue Ocean Strategy, Lean Startup, Lean Entrepreneur, any legitimate book isn't even in the same league as his. Why bother paying $997 for his course when these books are like $15? I would understand if it was actionable or a mentorship at least. value is i guess subjective since some people find it valuable. I think I can do a lot more with $1000 than buy his course.

His stuff is so fake esp with his book set that I am starting to question the affiliate links in the youtube videos posted. Anyway I'm out, no more Tai for me.

LukasOO

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jan 2, 2017
Denmark
People are saying he's smart, and i agree in a sence. He found out how to manipulate people to buy his "guides to riches"... Even i bought the 67 steps, and i was very dissapointed. He literally just gives some audio files where he's quoting books.
He is smart, but he is one of those gurus who didn't earn his money off of what he teaches. He's saying he's an entrepreneur.
Well, he is, but he didn't start any business other than the latest where he just takes money for audiofiles.... He bought 2 dating sites, and thats it.

I dont recommend his content, but he is smart. No doubt.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Oh man he is absolutely everywhere whenever I search YT now. He even invaded my gyms facebook profile wearing one of their shirts. A gym in Saigon... wtf is this!

Anyone keen for a game of 6 degrees of Tai Lopez? Actually that sounds horrible.

grindmode

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 21, 2017
Kansas City
Tai IMO focuses time/effort into coming across as " just a regular average Joe" that has a formula for success that resonates with MAJORITY OF REGULAR AVERAGE JOE'S... Look at how Tai dresses, his overall style/swag in his videos, his yip-yap about how material items/money don't make you happy, acts SUPER laid back when he gives tours of his house for example "this room is just a little gym, ya know then behind this door is a dining area, etc." he doesn't outwright "brag" actually does the opposite acting again just like a "down to earth dude with money who wants to HELP YOU get rich also"...

In learning basic sales techniques that subconsciously make people more comfortable, trust, and ultimately believe that your honestly trying to sell them something they need.... Examples:

- Simply mimicking the speed/tone/accent to a potential customer is LEGIT! Some old lady from Louisiana who talks sllooow with a southern accent wouldn't subconsciously feel/open up to a fast talking loud New York salesman, simply because of voice tone and his vocabulary. Trust me, calling her " ma'am", slowing down your speech with a little southern twang and answering things "yes ma'am or no ma'am".... It's real.

- Shaking your head up/down instinctly is actually a tatic that works along with amazing to watch customer's actually start shaking their head up and down.

- No matter how confident or how well you can close keep calm act like the customer is a friend don't be over the top enthusiastic or it shows your true intentions...

- Dress/act as needed to subconsciously connect with potential customer's. Aka don't pull up as a real estate agent rocking your new S65 AMG in a pin stripped $4,000 tailored suit to show a house in a lower/middle class neighborhood... Basically don't FLAUNT your success to potential customer's unless that's part of your sales strategy (Vegas club promoter who is juiced up, spray tanned, dressed like a BOSS would help relate to customers who are buying a $25,000 table with bottle service for one night at Aria).

Tai is hustling and obviously making money. Selling what? That snake oil dream that makes the YouTube vlogging type of peeps that are again " average Joe's kinda maybe nerdy with some scruff" feel like man this Tai guy seems like me... I should try his stuff...

"Master of marketing and sales"... Hate him or not he's ballin....

wbrett1027

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Feb 15, 2015
I tryed listening to his YouTube channels, he uses to much filler, there's so many more people to listen to than this fool. He uses his cars and house in his videos as scenery to get views. It's obvious

Next

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
For 18 easy payments of $89.99 I'll give you the 46 vague secrets to building a successful business that gives people vague secrets to building successful businesses.

grindmode

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 21, 2017
Kansas City
For 18 easy payments of $89.99 I'll give you the 46 vague secrets to building a successful business that gives people vague secrets to building successful businesses.
I could be wrong but does anyone have extensive experience regarding YouTube analytics? (If such is even possible to see any stats other than your own...?). I think v-logging is ridiculous or how videos that I would assume are being watched mostly by the young generation of kids/teens but maybe I'm wrong... I know v logging is overly saturated but what are some ballpark numbers on profits for say having 1 ad at the start of a video...? I'm guessing a few pennies at most? On the other side does anyone have ballpark knowledge on the cost if advertising on YouTube?

The only reason I ask is out of pure curiosity as I lay here about to sleep I just had a 5 minute TAI video pop up...

5 minutes... That's has to be a few hundred grand if not more to spam on thousands upon thousands of videos if not over a milli?

instafamous

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jan 9, 2017
redmond wa
oh gosh just had to post.

I signed up for the webinar.
what do I see ?
the dude is checking his phone / drinking protein drinks / eating.
hello ? over 1k people logged on. few objected including me.

this was a replay but built up like live.
did not learn one single thing.
posted that amazon is now one hour delivery in the pacific nw.
tai time is of the essence. over 1k people watching this ?! hello ??

grindmode

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 21, 2017
Kansas City
oh gosh just had to post.

I signed up for the webinar.
what do I see ?
the dude is checking his phone / drinking protein drinks / eating.
hello ? over 1k people logged on. few objected including me.

this was a replay but built up like live.
did not learn one single thing.
posted that amazon is now one hour delivery in the pacific nw.
tai time is of the essence. over 1k people watching this ?! hello ??
Why are you watching it?

That's why a certain 1,000+ people are also but nobody from here...

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
*) you guys are probably right about him : maybe he is just a scam wizard with no real content

anyway, what i have just understood minutes ago : his youtube channel went from 750 000 followwers to 817 000 followers in one month

+ 67 000 people in one month !!

so instead of just exposing the guy, let's understand what is going on. because there is a valuable lesson for us.

i am using Jay Abraham's method to find valuable lessons : reframing the thing by looking at the big picture
this is called " get altitude" by eben pagan

* ) instead of just exposing the guy, i want to profit from the lesson

so only a magnetic personnality can explain + 67 000 people in 30 days

it reminds me of a buddy at school. i am a reserved guy but this guy managed to attract me and a lot of people in his circle of friends

this just happened while i am a reserved guy and didn't have many friends at school

i call this : the magnetic personnality.

this buddy was stupid, careless, not interesting at all but i couldn't help myself to be around him like a butterfly with a light

do you understand what i am saying ? this is the key

so the key :
my school buddy, Tai Lopez : these guy are not talking like nervous CEO in front of the camera.

they are talking like they are your friend and since there is nothing to resist, you don't resist

people don't want to do business with boring salesmen but with friends

when you watch a Tai Lopez video, you are not watching a nervous guy trying to sell you something

you are watching a buddy talking to you in a relaxed way at the bar

and you have nothing to resist

this is the key.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!