The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The truth about email marketing

Marketing, social media, advertising

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Bar none, email marketing to a list that was created through your other sales channels is the most profitable form of business you will ever generate.

If your running a business and your not getting emails from every single person you come in contact with your shooting yourself in the foot.

Right now my gross margin on my email campaign is 5,100% and this will increase over time since as the list grows, revenue grows but fix costs generally stay the same.

So if you ever had a doubt about building an email list, think again. Your whole reason for having other sales channels should be to just build an email list.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

applesack

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jan 11, 2017
Albuquerque
Bar none, email marketing to a list that was created through your other sales channels is the most profitable form of business you will ever generate.

If your running a business and your not getting emails from every single person you come in contact with your shooting yourself in the foot.

Right now my gross margin on my email campaign is 5,100% and this will increase over time since as the list grows, revenue grows but fix costs generally stay the same.

So if you ever had a doubt about building an email list, think again. Your whole reason for having other sales channels should be to just build an email list.

Bump for discussion.

I agree that email is an incredibly effective marketing tool.

@458, can you talk more about what "machine" you use? I currently use MailPoet + inboundnow.com WP plugins and App and I am working my way through SumoMe... many of the features are very interesting to me. I have used in the past HubSpot (hated, too spendy, and not very 'smart'), ConvertKit (liked, but too simplistic), MailCheat(Chimp) (dumb) and other adhoc solutions.

TIA

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Bump for discussion.

I agree that email is an incredibly effective marketing tool.

@458, can you talk more about what "machine" you use? I currently use MailPoet + inboundnow.com WP plugins and App and I am working my way through SumoMe... many of the features are very interesting to me. I have used in the past HubSpot (hated, too spendy, and not very 'smart'), ConvertKit (liked, but too simplistic), MailCheat(Chimp) (dumb) and other adhoc solutions.

TIA

Sure, right now I use Aweber that is integrated with Zoho CRM through Zapier. As soon as a lead is created in Zoho CRM it automatically syncs the information to Aweber. Very efficient, only downside is if an email isn't added when the lead is created it won't attempt the sync again.

I would say that the software is secondary to the quality of the emails your loading to your list and the quality of the sales copy being sent to your list. If your list is made up of people that aren't potential buyers, never will be, and your sending them weak copy, you'll never convert them even with the best software.

applesack

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jan 11, 2017
Albuquerque
Sure, right now I use Aweber that is integrated with Zoho CRM through Zapier.
Interesting... I have been hesitant to use zoho CRM, but, do you like it? What parts are best?

I would say that the software is secondary to the quality of the emails your loading to your list and the quality of the sales copy being sent to your list. If your list is made up of people that aren't potential buyers, never will be, and your sending them weak copy, you'll never convert them even with the best software.

I agree here, qualified leads + great sales material... but at the end of the day, software is the tool that decouples work from time. Don't you do "drip" campaigns to nurture leads?

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
Completely agree with this post.

I'm starting a new business that will be built mainly off of email (and paid traffic to get the emails of course). I'm going to be emailing every day... sometimes even 3-4 times per day.

Software - I really like Active Campaign so far. The funnel designer is pretty cool. Infusionsoft is also great. I use that at work, but it's more expensive.

One thing that I will say is that email can get pretty complex. I work in the email deliverability industry (day job) and we process millions of emails per month on behalf of senders. It's fascinating to see what actually goes into hitting the inbox. As marketers and business owners, we always tend to think about copy, but there is so much that needs to happen from the technical side, to maintain high deliverability.

applesack

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jan 11, 2017
Albuquerque
As marketers and business owners, we always tend to think about copy, but there is so much that needs to happen from the technical side, to maintain high deliverability.

Wow, yes... please tell us more. Or link to the best articles? TIA!

applesack

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jan 11, 2017
Albuquerque
I work in the email deliverability industry (day job) and we process millions of emails per month on behalf of senders. It's fascinating to see what actually goes into hitting the inbox. As marketers and business owners, we always tend to think about copy, but there is so much that needs to happen from the technical side, to maintain high deliverability.

I don't have a huge amount of rep to trade, but I'll swap it all for more detail. Thanks!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.