The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ready to stop living in NO LANE...

grindmode

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 21, 2017
Kansas City
I am 31 living at home after working jobs in the "slow lane" during my 20's... Now, over $360,000 in debt from med expenses I am ready to stop "thinking of the PERFECT venture" to start rather START!

Not to brag but other brief background about myself (not proud of majority of these facts):

- Parents pushed me in school hardcore to the point I basically never did ANY work/studied starting in 7th grade.

- Was a fat kid/teen who never got girls attention or lost my virginity until I was 20.

- Got hooked lifting weights at 20, realized my genetics and started obsessing on bodybuilding.

- By 24 I was on hormones all year, was slaying hot girls even after I met (later married an ex playmate), was a property & casualty insurance agent consistently making 7-9k a month plus selling hormones.

- Partied HARD almost any time I was not working or lifting. Friday night flights to Chicago or Vegas after work to party until arriving back home on Monday mornings on no sleep just pure adderall to keep up then straight to work.

- Had an ingrown toenail that had to be removed one day randomly... That night I took some meds (along with my abusive drugs/hormone daily usage). Woke up 2 weeks later in the hospital. Couldn't talk, walk, feeding tubes along with restraints holding me to the hospital bed, and more..

- 2 months later I was released from the hospital, had no insurance, wife divorced me shortly after since the money tap wasn't flowing. Lost or basically didn't argue or fight for any of material items in the divorce... Just wanted out to fresh.

- Had to move into my mom's house again since I needed full time help during physical rehab. I was HUNGRY and more driven than I have ever been in my life... Once you realize you should be dead or had under 5% chance of survival, fear of failure is a joke.

- Spent a few years paper trading non stop, recorded the markets charting to replay ever night/weekend to analyze how to become the EXTREMELY RARE day trader who consistently profited. Often spend 18-20 a day doing such and used stimulants to help pull this off.

NOW, completely burned off from trading, I have always dreamed/researched ideas for business ventures to start yet never had the balls/mindset to follow through with any... The last year I my brain has been in lah lah land and I have not made any income/attempted...

The spark inside of my recently exploded and I'm full of drive that needs to turn into action for once in my life, otherwise I'd rather end this game we call life...

Sorry for the long post, probably WAAAAY to much personal info but I gave up girls/friends/socializing/even spending holidays with family as I feel I'm so far behind plus feel the need to be productive every waking minute... Problem I'm guilty of trying to find the "perfect" idea again...

Now, I am starting to put my ideas into action even some of the most random.

Glad to be here...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

applesack

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jan 11, 2017
Albuquerque
Welcome to the forum! Don't call it quits... and don't go crazy. Each day is just that, a day. Read DeMarco's book, its a good read, and hang out here... there is some good advice.

Think about your options, make a plan and fill a day with constructive, applicable work.

High five on making it through!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wow, very interesting story. Reads like the start of an auto-biography. Felix Denis comes to mind.

Welcome to the forum.

grindmode

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 21, 2017
Kansas City
Wow, very interesting story. Reads like the start of an auto-biography. Felix Denis comes to mind.

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you sir,

As I put in my original post (which ended up turning into the length of a novel...), I have/had no intentions to "brag" or be "that guy" who talks about his glory days as the high school football quarterback where his life ended (not literally)...

I have become so focused on obtaining purely money that as I mentioned before I cut out socializing, material possession's, watching TV, etc. Even if no one reads this or replies, I should have long ago wrote down everything I had to say onto paper since I truly believe there's sacrifices to be made if you want extraordinary results. A complete isolation from ALL human interactions (besides talking to the clerk at the grocery store a few words) for a few years is COUNTER PRODUCTIVE I've learned.

Anyways, again glad to be here and have found this book. COMPLETE mindset change has taken place since I started reading MJ's story... I thought driving a new top of the line Benz, blowing stupid amounts of money on anything from shoes to booze, and making a bit over $100k in a job/career would create true happiness, WRONG.

The kicker is, I have been secluding myself focused on "grabbing life by the ball" and starting my own business... Yet I have been honestly spinning my wheels non stop up until yesterday with the mindset/business idea's that are in the SLOW LANE! It feels great to not just read something that gives you that "temporary" motivation BUT rather once again feel the "fire inside you start blazing". No one can do this for you, no amount of money can buy this, you can just TALK about what you want/hope to happen... Yada yada yada.

Going from business ideas where I would be " self employed " while stressing about becoming a master of all trades TO realizing the big picture. I have to work extremely hard on my actions to result in "the event" but why have I been trying to learn or even stress on learning such things as learning programming for example? I always check out Fiverr and other freelance sites which there's tons of options to have "masters of a specific trade" complete jobs/work for such a small rate...

I've already started taking action on bigger FAST LANE ideas that I was thinking were impossible. The demand is high, supply is limited, and assembling a "team"/outsourcing items that require extensive expertise while I make sure the " machine" is built correctly to eventually run on it's own... Rinse and repeat. The road will be tough and I know failures will happen but my anxiety of "what if's" is suddenly being processed as, I can't let an obstacle that COULD/WILL happen many moons down the road stop me from starting and secondly I literally have nothing to lose! Take away my truck, computers, and a few clothes but literally I am at rock bottom.

My mindset honestly changed yesterday in a snap from "dwelling" on all the NEGATIVES I am facing TO the POSITIVE thoughts of "what better situation than the one I am currently in to SWING FOR THE FENCES"??? I could be in a marriage with children, mortgage/rent, and the all the other expenses/obligations that majority of adults or people at the age of 30 have to fulfill... Turns out being a LOSER living at home at 30 just turned into one of the best scenarios one could be living combined with ACTION there is no excuses to go for my 2 fast lane ideas that most would laugh or think you can't do that, which only drives me more...

I'll stop rambling and it's an awesome feeling to find a group of people who are just as motivated taking actions to live life to the max. I was starting to feeling like a superficial and negative person for letting the sheeples " chatter" make it sound wrong to dream of driving my GT3 RS in sweat pants while buckled into the 5 point harness to grab so groceries.... Lol nope just haters trying to kill the dream they already accepted will never happen/never attempt in their settling for living in a way doing just enough to float barely...

I'm on fire boys lol, I'll be exploring the site and AGAIN I'm so glad I found this site/decided to buy the book.

grapeslane

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jan 22, 2017
Florida
Thank you sir,

As I put in my original post (which ended up turning into the length of a novel...), I have/had no intentions to "brag" or be "that guy" who talks about his glory days as the high school football quarterback where his life ended (not literally)...

I have become so focused on obtaining purely money that as I mentioned before I cut out socializing, material possession's, watching TV, etc. Even if no one reads this or replies, I should have long ago wrote down everything I had to say onto paper since I truly believe there's sacrifices to be made if you want extraordinary results. A complete isolation from ALL human interactions (besides talking to the clerk at the grocery store a few words) for a few years is COUNTER PRODUCTIVE I've learned.

Anyways, again glad to be here and have found this book. COMPLETE mindset change has taken place since I started reading MJ's story... I thought driving a new top of the line Benz, blowing stupid amounts of money on anything from shoes to booze, and making a bit over $100k in a job/career would create true happiness, WRONG.

The kicker is, I have been secluding myself focused on "grabbing life by the ball" and starting my own business... Yet I have been honestly spinning my wheels non stop up until yesterday with the mindset/business idea's that are in the SLOW LANE! It feels great to not just read something that gives you that "temporary" motivation BUT rather once again feel the "fire inside you start blazing". No one can do this for you, no amount of money can buy this, you can just TALK about what you want/hope to happen... Yada yada yada.

Going from business ideas where I would be " self employed " while stressing about becoming a master of all trades TO realizing the big picture. I have to work extremely hard on my actions to result in "the event" but why have I been trying to learn or even stress on learning such things as learning programming for example? I always check out Fiverr and other freelance sites which there's tons of options to have "masters of a specific trade" complete jobs/work for such a small rate...

I've already started taking action on bigger FAST LANE ideas that I was thinking were impossible. The demand is high, supply is limited, and assembling a "team"/outsourcing items that require extensive expertise while I make sure the " machine" is built correctly to eventually run on it's own... Rinse and repeat. The road will be tough and I know failures will happen but my anxiety of "what if's" is suddenly being processed as, I can't let an obstacle that COULD/WILL happen many moons down the road stop me from starting and secondly I literally have nothing to lose! Take away my truck, computers, and a few clothes but literally I am at rock bottom.

My mindset honestly changed yesterday in a snap from "dwelling" on all the NEGATIVES I am facing TO the POSITIVE thoughts of "what better situation than the one I am currently in to SWING FOR THE FENCES"??? I could be in a marriage with children, mortgage/rent, and the all the other expenses/obligations that majority of adults or people at the age of 30 have to fulfill... Turns out being a LOSER living at home at 30 just turned into one of the best scenarios one could be living combined with ACTION there is no excuses to go for my 2 fast lane ideas that most would laugh or think you can't do that, which only drives me more...

I'll stop rambling and it's an awesome feeling to find a group of people who are just as motivated taking actions to live life to the max. I was starting to feeling like a superficial and negative person for letting the sheeples " chatter" make it sound wrong to dream of driving my GT3 RS in sweat pants while buckled into the 5 point harness to grab so groceries.... Lol nope just haters trying to kill the dream they already accepted will never happen/never attempt in their settling for living in a way doing just enough to float barely...

I'm on fire boys lol, I'll be exploring the site and AGAIN I'm so glad I found this site/decided to buy the book.

Truly a motivation for me i just joined and i Hope you don't go to fast in the GT3 RS to publix, You might take someones wife. Im motivated and I just started my journey at 18 god speed brother!

grindmode

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 21, 2017
Kansas City
Truly a motivation for me i just joined and i Hope you don't go to fast in the GT3 RS to publix, You might take someones wife. Im motivated and I just started my journey at 18 god speed brother!
Thank you for your kind words... Remind yourself how lucky you are to have simply the ability to live in a country where you can have the freedom/opportunity (if you take the actions) to do DO ANYTHING YOU WANT (within legal boundaries, even then having money helps that a bit lol).

Read and re-read MJ's story about his beginning, think of people like me who have truly made some terrible mistakes in life that even at 30 (or any age) you can change if you really want it... How many times did Trump file bankruptcy? He might have had a silver spoon/trust fund from daddy (who cares), being a 70 something year old billionaire/celebrity married to a SUPERMODEL who became preside of the most powerful country on this planet! Regardless, of your political views, at 70 years old living a TRUMP lifestyle is the FAST LANE.

Hustle NOW and take jobs (must to pay for bills until your able to burn the boat) that give you some type of EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION on whatever YOUR long term goal(s) are, the best jobs you can have are in SALES where not only your temporary income is controlled by you/higher than an hourly wage but learn to MASTER CLOSING even if your working at a car wash. One of the highest paying jobs I had was when I was around your age selling car washes/detail packages/oil changes in an upscale community, not only was the money a nice "taste" of what financial freedom taste like but MARKETING/SALES is the most important skill set one can obtain IMO. Always thing of what's the "next step of action" and DON'T GET STUCK IN A RUT working at some job like I learned the hard way because the pay was nice...

Goodluck to you and message me anytime for anything I'm actively working on changing my "mindset" which talking to like minded people is GOLD.

P.S. - The GT3 RS will be mainly for track days... I might drive off with a wife in my white S65 AMG (looking at a picture of one on my computer background that is a reminder as I type this :) )

Joao PS

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Dec 16, 2016
That's an awsome thread man, I've favorited it. Tons of inspiration here.
Just a simple question here: Why did you burn your possible trading career?

My best regards,
Joao.

grindmode

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 21, 2017
Kansas City
That's an awsome thread man, I've favorited it. Tons of inspiration here.
Just a simple question here: Why did you burn your possible trading career?

My best regards,
Joao.
I'm not sure I understand your question... Burn my trading career?

grapeslane

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jan 22, 2017
Florida
Thank you for your kind words... Remind yourself how lucky you are to have simply the ability to live in a country where you can have the freedom/opportunity (if you take the actions) to do DO ANYTHING YOU WANT (within legal boundaries, even then having money helps that a bit lol).

Read and re-read MJ's story about his beginning, think of people like me who have truly made some terrible mistakes in life that even at 30 (or any age) you can change if you really want it... How many times did Trump file bankruptcy? He might have had a silver spoon/trust fund from daddy (who cares), being a 70 something year old billionaire/celebrity married to a SUPERMODEL who became preside of the most powerful country on this planet! Regardless, of your political views, at 70 years old living a TRUMP lifestyle is the FAST LANE.

Hustle NOW and take jobs (must to pay for bills until your able to burn the boat) that give you some type of EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION on whatever YOUR long term goal(s) are, the best jobs you can have are in SALES where not only your temporary income is controlled by you/higher than an hourly wage but learn to MASTER CLOSING even if your working at a car wash. One of the highest paying jobs I had was when I was around your age selling car washes/detail packages/oil changes in an upscale community, not only was the money a nice "taste" of what financial freedom taste like but MARKETING/SALES is the most important skill set one can obtain IMO. Always thing of what's the "next step of action" and DON'T GET STUCK IN A RUT working at some job like I learned the hard way because the pay was nice...

Goodluck to you and message me anytime for anything I'm actively working on changing my "mindset" which talking to like minded people is GOLD.

P.S. - The GT3 RS will be mainly for track days... I might drive off with a wife in my white S65 AMG (looking at a picture of one on my computer background that is a reminder as I type this :) )

Thank you for the advice! , And I will message you right after I post this if you can actually give me some advice in Closing that would be amazing people around me are in to much of a slow lane to even see their greatness(being i live in a college town and a lot of liberal cucks and conservative nuts are allways at war) i feel like a alien sometimes. PS I put a 5 series bmw on my Wallpaper it does influence my choices a bit :^).

grindmode

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jan 21, 2017
Kansas City
Thank you for the advice! , And I will message you right after I post this if you can actually give me some advice in Closing that would be amazing people around me are in to much of a slow lane to even see their greatness(being i live in a college town and a lot of liberal cucks and conservative nuts are allways at war) i feel like a alien sometimes. PS I put a 5 series bmw on my Wallpaper it does influence my choices a bit :^).
I never said I day traded as a "career" just to clear that up maybe I should have been more clear... I have always been interested in day trading, paper traded, traded with real money in pretty much every market, and went into trading know that I was going to lose money but after years of paper trading that was the next step which I was willing to lose like I said roughly what a 4 university degree cost not just being an idiot but over a few years trading live learning by actually first hand experience.... The reason I cannot trade is due to my financial situation now it not possible to open an account in my name because of my credit lack of equity in anything. I am 100% okay with this as I continue to continually paper trade EVERY DAY just like I wake up at 5:00 every day to go workout it's routine I do for a certain amount of time which my MAIN GOAL IN LIFE is to make money the "fast lane" way or majority of my income 80-90% from something I created with my own blood, sweat and tears that I can eventually set on "auto-pilot" or have staff that will do all the work while I reap the rewards. Then I will day trade for income and also because I honestly enjoy it along with other things that are my "WHY" such as road racing in the SCAA at different tracks across the USA for fun with other's :)

You should do more than have a picture of the car you want. Close your eyes and no matter what anyone says what is your dream? Think of where you would be, what you would be doing, who you would be with, how the air smells, how just because you have money your not happy but because your free along with all of the above things you answer based upon your WHY in life you will have or have to ability to obtain.... Write these things down, find pictures of different items, and everyday have them located somewhere that you cannot avoid viewing even if you tried... Then every night close your eyes and let yourself go to that place while remembering all you have to do to get their is ACTION non-stop day in/day out...

I used to post it notes literally on EVERYTHING when I was trying to lose weight such as the refrigerator handle, bathroom mirror, on the bottom of my computer monitor, on the door trim to each room of my house, etc. all them with a "phrase or word" to remind me even if I woke up to pee in the middle of the night I may want to cruise to the kitchen and grab something unhealthy in a half sedated sleep state I would see something in my way of opening the refrigerator handle that would discourage me..

I watch and have watched this every night for at least 3 years... I am probably majority of the views on this 1 video lol... Monaco in my 458 with a beautiful foreign friend sitting shotgun driving home to watch F1 racing from my tax free addressed condo :)
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeP6q6e12bc

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...