The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to Get a Job - videos inspired by #AndyTalks

LibertyForMe

Habits pave the path to success.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 5, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
I was inspired by Andy Black and his #AndyTalks thread. I wanted to provide some value to you guys with something that I am good at, getting a job.

I do some volunteer work, and help people find jobs - and through my own personal experience I developed my own strategy to go about the whole job finding process. I kind of sucks that I can't give a sweet vlog about how to build an awesome business yet, but I figured this advice might help someone get a great job that will help them on their fastlane journey. If you have to get a job to pay the bills, you might as well get a job that pays good and offers flexibility instead of something crappy, and these videos are going to try to help you get that.

Here is part one - me talking about resumes, common mistakes, and things you should be doing:

Let me know what you think.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I was inspired by Andy Black and his #AndyTalks thread. I wanted to provide some value to you guys with something that I am good at, getting a job.

I do some volunteer work, and help people find jobs - and through my own personal experience I developed my own strategy to go about the whole job finding process. I kind of sucks that I can't give a sweet vlog about how to build an awesome business yet, but I figured this advice might help someone get a great job that will help them on their fastlane journey. If you have to get a job to pay the bills, you might as well get a job that pays good and offers flexibility instead of something crappy, and these videos are going to try to help you get that.

Here is part one - me talking about resumes, common mistakes, and things you should be doing:

Let me know what you think.
Oh wow. I inspired someone to do something. Cooool.

I'll check out the vid soon.

LibertyForMe

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 5, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
Here is Part 2: How to get an Interview. Why wait in a big line of applications like everyone else? Use these tips to cut the line, talk with the decision maker, and schedule your own interview.

In this video I filmed in landscape mode instead of vertical, but it was a little darker so the lighting isn't as good.

Hopefully this helps someone, let me know what you think or if you have questions.

Era

Light Warrior
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Oct 20, 2012
Great videos! I'm sure a lot of people will benefit from your advice. I have a lot of friends that are in that process right now. What if they call to ask some questions and get transferred to the hiring manager and they get their voicemail? Should they leave a voicemail or keep trying until they pick up?

LibertyForMe

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 5, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
Great videos! I'm sure a lot of people will benefit from your advice. I have a lot of friends that are in that process right now. What if they call to ask some questions and get transferred to the hiring manager and they get their voicemail? Should they leave a voicemail or keep trying until they pick up?

I don't like leaving a voicemail the first time I call, so I would probably hang up and then try back in 2 hours or so. If I didn't get in touch with them then, I'd leave a VM. I'd say similar type things in the VM, and tell them I was interested in the position and I believe that my skills might be a perfect match, but that I had a couple questions - then leave my contact details.

Then I'd probably call them back the next day also for good measure.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Bump. Some recent posts/threads about getting jobs.

G

Guest24480

I'm bumping this thread because I want to come back to it later and watch the videos and it may help others. Currently looking for a business analyst position as I graduate in a few months. Any tips on finding a business analyst position OP?

LibertyForMe

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 5, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
I'm bumping this thread because I want to come back to it later and watch the videos and it may help others. Currently looking for a business analyst position as I graduate in a few months. Any tips on finding a business analyst position OP?

Just look on Indeed using the app every day. Sort the results so the newest items appear at the top. Follow the tips in the video about making your resume mirror what they are asking for in the job descriptions.

LibertyForMe

Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 5, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
Also, just so yall know, this works. I got a new job because I wanted to make some more money and do something new and I didn't fill out a single application. Took me like a month of casually looking.

Then I turned the job down, and I sold them so well that they met every single one of my 5 objections I had to taking the job, most of them related to better benefits and pay.

The videos might not be the most polished, but I followed my own advice and it worked great.

Limitless4Life

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Dec 20, 2016
Awesome just got done watching. I'm graduating soon, so I'll definitely use these tips to get my career started! Hopefully I won't need a job for too long though ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.