The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Been in it for a year now

mgrowan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Aug 12, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
Hi all!

My profile shows I joined August 2014. I was working full time and I stated "I had the option to join The Foundation but wanted it mainly for the community. Reading the forums here convinced me otherwise and I want to be involved with such a supportive group."

I came across this via Pat Flynn's podcast interview with MJ DeMarco and it made sense.

Just over a year ago, August 2015, I got into an Accelerator, to get into the fastlane. I quit my job after over 9 years at the one company. I am a father of 4, with a stay-at-home wife. I've been giving me startup a good crack for the last year, and this year will be a make or break on this attempt.

I'm a solo founder and know the loneliness of the journey. I'd love to learn how to better engage this group here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I've found a couple things around here are helpful:

1) Stick around and answer people's questions when you can. This does a few things for you. First, it gets you thinking about stuff. Second, it focuses your attention on helping others, which is exactly the focus you need to make your business successful. Third, it makes others see you as someone they would want to know/do business with, etc.

2) Ask your 'top plate' questions: get feedback on the top one or two things you're working on that would move your business forward the most.

mgrowan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Aug 12, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
I've found a couple things around here are helpful:

1) Stick around and answer people's questions when you can. This does a few things for you. First, it gets you thinking about stuff. Second, it focuses your attention on helping others, which is exactly the focus you need to make your business successful. Third, it makes others see you as someone they would want to know/do business with, etc.

2) Ask your 'top plate' questions: get feedback on the top one or two things you're working on that would move your business forward the most.
Thanks, great advice. What is the best way to track new questions? Just keep refreshing the forums page?

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Thanks, great advice. What is the best way to track new questions? Just keep refreshing the forums page?

Yeah, just keep an eye out on the main forums page. Also progress threads are a good way to engage; tell us what you're up to, where you're at, and what you need to know to move on.

Well done for quitting a 9 + years job; that must have been hard.

mgrowan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Aug 12, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
Also progress threads are a good way to engage; tell us what you're up to, where you're at, and what you need to know to move on
Ah, didn't know about them. Great thanks! Accountability through the accelerator was great. I love working from home, but still want to be engaged with a group.

Quitting is emotional. And even though I've been a year without an income, 5 dependents and a mortgage, I feel my earning potential is so much higher than it was while employed on a high salary.

If anyone is itching to get something going, start on the side and save your money and then jump in! I've talked to so many people since I did it who were like "I'd love to do that, but I need the income". Even though they've been on a high income for a long time, they've spent their money on a new car or bigger house instead.

strobe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Mar 28, 2016
Australia
Well done on stepping out and giving it a shot! Is the processpa.com your website?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard my friend! Thank you for coming out of the shadows and posting an introduction. Hope to cya around.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Yeah it is. Any feedback?

I know this wasn't directed at me, but wanted to comment...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea!! Also think the site is done pretty good. Hope you hit this hard -- looks like it could be a big winner.

mgrowan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Aug 12, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
I know this wasn't directed at me, but wanted to comment...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea!! Also think the site is done pretty good. Hope you hit this hard -- looks like it could be a big winner.
Thanks @MJ DeMarco! I've just been targeting Australia (where I am) for the last year. I think I need to get going international quickly to get some traction happening well. As I said earlier, so much to do. But I have a plan and a target. Just need to hit it hard :)

strobe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Mar 28, 2016
Australia
I agree, it's a great website, great idea and the video at the end explains it perfectly! I think it could scale up into other countries, whats your plan of attack in increasing leads and clients outside of the Brisbane area?

mgrowan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Aug 12, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
I agree, it's a great website, great idea and the video at the end explains it perfectly! I think it could scale up into other countries, whats your plan of attack in increasing leads and clients outside of the Brisbane area?
Thanks @strobe. I'm focusing more on product to ensure no to low touch sales. We have content marketing building up and direct email to support that. In the next few months the plan is to focus on partnerships as the sales channel.

DVU

In Progress
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Sep 24, 2016
Croatia
Hey man, welcome.

I just took a look at your site and it looks amazing. One thing I would change is the animation load time. Make it a bit faster or just ditch it completely. On a couple of instances aI had to wait for them to appear altho I was already on that part of the page.

Its a minor complaint but I see this thing on a lot of websites and its a slight annoyance.

Twopro

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 28, 2014
Texas
Website looks very sleek and professional, only thing that bothered me was the speed at which the testimonials changed. Would get about half way and it scrolled to the next, maybe I'm a slow reader?

mgrowan

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Aug 12, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
One thing I would change is the animation load time. Make it a bit faster or just ditch it completely.
Thanks for pointing that out. I don't see it much since I've got the content cached. Annoys me like crazy too. I've removed it now :)

I did see it appear in my screen recordings from HotJar and stay on for almost all visitors. Awesome tool, if you don't have it or something similar on your web site, you probably should.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...