The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

16 Year old me (Introduction)

LukasOO

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Jan 2, 2017
Denmark
Hello!
I just recently became a member of this Forum, and I just read a thread from a 17 year old introducing himself, and thought i could do the same to give you an idea of who i am, and perhaps get to ask you guys a question or two ;))

I read the book, Millionaire Fastlane about half a year ago. I've always been into owning a business, and I remember in primary school, when everybody would be playing tetris and other time-consuming games, I would find my self researching everything from SEO to whatever had my interests. I started reading, which since have accelerated exponentially, and now I'm at this point:

I read books. Books on how to sell, books on biographies, books on businesses etc.

I've taken what I believe to be my first step towards fastlane - I'm creating a webpage/ecommerce to sell and get leads and Email lists. -My goal with this is to teach other people about graphical design on PSD ever since a lot of my friends asked me if I could teach them.-, and the site will be ready for launch late February.

I'm under education currently, I'm an above-average student, I attend to talent-schools, attend to seminars and so forth. However, over the past few weeks/months/years I've started to care less about school, and care more about self-educating through reading books, watching documentaries, taking action (the web page, learning Photoshop etc, etc). This hasn't really affected my grades - yet -, but i feel like my potential is miles higher than the potential the school comes with. - I'm not sure if it is worrying, and that I should care about the School, but i'd like to hear your opinions!!! -

Furthermore, a friend and I have started buying small and cheap consignments, looking to resell. It seems to be profiting a lot, but I don't enjoy it since I'm not making a real difference. This "difference" Im looking to make have very hard to accomplish.

Past the last 1-2 years I have developed 5-7 business ideas, but i never succeeded on any of them. These have been really time-comsming to make, but every time i developed a whole business plan, I learned something new. The business are still big possibilities for me to create further on, but because of liquidity, age or other reasons, it's been pretty tough circumstances.

My goals are being financially independent, and make a difference. Luckily, those often comes together if the difference is made first. But the journey is yet in the first step of a marathon, but I'd prefer to take the first steps in the right direction.

This is it for now. But i'm really wondering wether or not you think I should change path, look into coding or similar. The reason i ask, i previously read a thread where people were arguing that they thought i 16 year olds should focus on being an 16 year old and so forth, but i feel like there's a potential im not reaching if i just do so.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NewYorkCity

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 7, 2011
If you can't get any business ideas going get a job in sales, it's the next best thing to running your own business.

Anything basic you can pay an indian a couple of hundred bucks to have made. If you can sell it that is what really matters.

At 16 it is up to you. You can run around like a kid or see if you can get a business going.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Lukas!

ut i'm really wondering wether or not you think I should change path, look into coding or similar. The reason i ask, i previously read a thread where people were arguing that they thought i 16 year olds should focus on being an 16 year old and so forth, but i feel like there's a potential im not reaching if i just do so.

I see nothing wrong in identifying as an entrepreneur. This guides you through your process. You can STILL be a 16 year old, learn code, study business, AND enjoy your teens. It is not either or.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...