The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My web copy/site - not sure if I am missing the mark, critiques wanted

jb5150

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 18, 2016
I am a psychotherapist and my niche is codependency and attachment issues in relationships. My website is www.lighthousecounselling.ca, and was hoping somebody would be generous enough to tell me what's good and what sucks w my web copy, and site as a whole.

ANY advice with this would be greatly appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
I don't have much time here (otherwise i'd review the whole site)

If I was looking for counseling services I would want to see who I am dealing with first. (I would feel more at ease/connected about going through with booking you).

Meaning, put a picture or two of yourself with your background information (get them with an emotional hook if possible)

edit:

BTW, deleting your thread content after people have responded is very frowned upon.

(I learned this the hard way).

Tiger TT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Dec 25, 2015
"Helping you navigate to a better self"

What does this mean? You need to have a crystal clear sentence here which communicates the biggest benefit you can give to your client.

It should be very clear like your 2nd bullet which is "not sure whether to stay or go?".

So what you should do is this:

List the biggest fears and frustrations of your prospective customers. Then make another list which consists of the biggests wants&aspirations of your prospective customers.

Then use this information for creating a slogan for your website instead of that "hepling you navigate to a better self".

Last edited:

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I am a psychotherapist and my niche is codependency and attachment issues in relationships. My website is www.lighthousecounselling.ca, and was hoping somebody would be generous enough to tell me what's good and what sucks w my web copy, and site as a whole.

ANY advice with this would be greatly appreciated.

Here's my Raw Review breakdown of your site.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jb5150

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 18, 2016
"Helping you navigate to a better self"

What does this mean? You need to have a crystal clear sentence here which communicates the biggest benefit you can give to your client.

It should be very clear like your 2nd bullet which is "not sure whether to stay or go?".

So what you should do is this:

List the biggest fears and frustrations of your prospective customers. Then make another list which consists of the biggests wants&aspirations of your prospective customers.

Then use this information for creating a slogan for your website instead of that "hepling you navigate to a better self".
Hm I like this! Thank you I'll take a stab at it and post what I come up with. Tnx

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.