The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Book Advice On Marketing

Marketing, social media, advertising

SparksCW

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 14, 2015
South, UK
I've identified that my core weakness is in marketing, probably the most important aspect of any business! I have two businesses and work a full time job for the family business, each has good products and services but is simply let down by not affecting enough people to get to where I want to be.

So I want to do some reading on marketing techniques, try and get a better overview on what I should be or could be doing to increase sales organically and paid.

Can anyone recommend any good books on the subject please?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ashten

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
May 30, 2014
San Diego, CA
Two great books to get you on the right foot is:

1. No B.S. Direct Marketing: The Ultimate, No Holds Barred, Kick Butt, Take No Prisoners Direct Marketing for Non-direct Marketing Businesses
Ca$hvertising

2. Cashvertising: How to Use More Than 100 Secrets of Ad-Agency Psychology to Make Big Money Selling Anything to Anyone

Justin Gesso

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Jun 4, 2014
Colorado
On top of what has already been mentioned, read Scientific Advertising. It's old, but very relevant today.

Marketing is as much about collecting and analyzing data as it is anything else.

You have a big task ahead of you. Marketing covers copywriting, creative, user experience, and much more. But if you can nail down the data collection and analysis end first, the rest will fall in place.

And while it's a big task to learn all of this, if you can sell things online, you will open a world of possibilities.

W4RHRSE

High Speed, Low Drag
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Mar 10, 2016
Central Virginia
Ashten, thanks for your book recommendations!

Ebay had a number of No B.S. Direct Advertising books for under $4... Mine is ordered.

Thanks again!

W4RHRSE

High Speed, Low Drag
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Mar 10, 2016
Central Virginia
Two great books to get you on the right foot is:

1. No B.S. Direct Marketing: The Ultimate, No Holds Barred, Kick Butt, Take No Prisoners Direct Marketing for Non-direct Marketing Businesses
Ca$hvertising

2. Cashvertising: How to Use More Than 100 Secrets of Ad-Agency Psychology to Make Big Money Selling Anything to Anyone

Ashten: Thank you for your book recommendations!
Ebay has a number of No B.S. Direct Marketing books for under $4. Ordered mine.

Thanks again!

SparksCW

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Dec 14, 2015
South, UK
Thanks, I've bought Cashvertising and I've been reading the digitalmarketer links too and that's opened my eyes a little!! Will read them again in better detail later. That's pretty much exactly the sort of info I'm after as I've never really understood that side of ecommerce so hopefully I can apply some of that to my products.

Mine are a bit harder to sell as they're a more considered purchase, more expensive and the customer needs to know about it at the right time during their house renovation. Also not much scope for repeat customers with what I do as once they've bought it they probably won't need one again.

Danyer

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Mar 1, 2016
Philadelphia
I am currently listening to Traction: How Any Startup Can Achieve Explosive Customer Growth. Not sure in what stage your companies are in, but I recommend listening/reading it regardless.

Jennifer.h

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 12, 2016
One of my strengths is Marketing, and I believe it is a way of thinking rather than a strategy. Marketing Research is figuring out who your customer is - and you need to understand why your product meets their needs.... Marketing Strategy is deciding how you will talk to them...

Before you get to the how, answer the who and why.

ldw32374

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 15, 2017
Oyster Bay
I've identified that my core weakness is in marketing, probably the most important aspect of any business! I have two businesses and work a full time job for the family business, each has good products and services but is simply let down by not affecting enough people to get to where I want to be.

So I want to do some reading on marketing techniques, try and get a better overview on what I should be or could be doing to increase sales organically and paid.

Can anyone recommend any good books on the subject please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PetePreneur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 28, 2017
UK
I'd recommend anything by Gary Vaynerchuk or Seth Godin to get you started!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.