The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The grind

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Bourbons

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Mar 28, 2016
Newcastle, UK
Hey Guys/Girls,

I joined this forum a while back, some time after reading TMF .

I've not posted often so I'll catch up on myself...

I'm 27 and I've always been self employed in some sense, other than some part time work when I was 16-18 alongside education. Even then I had side hustle. I ran businesses in some capacity even when I was in kindergarten, and throughout school :greedy:

I'm now married, baby on the way and own my mortgage on a renovation project I'm going to sell once completed.

After reading TMF , and in some sense even before, I realised I was bouncing around too often and juggling too many projects at once. I also identified that my business partners weren't working out, through lack of effort on their part, or lack of capability.

Around 6 months ago I cut ties with my business partners, but I work better with people so I approached a millionaire, who I met through business, who's still grinding every day, for investment.

We started a business which was a mixture of both of our experiences.

This has really changed things for me. He works every day, like I do. All day, every day.

I've got my drive back, and I'm creating processes to keep it going.
As part of his influence I'm now; going to the gym 4-5 times a week which I'm seeing big results from, mentally and physically.
I'm also getting up at ~6am and reading more books for motivation.
I've worked just on this one project (at least with not much distraction) solidly for months.

We're around 150 miles apart, so I work remotely while he works from our office in charge of the staff.

We've since brought on another business partner, who again is quite successful, and our business has pivoted to include his expertise/industry. We've got a really good team and the business is growing.

We speak as early as 6am, and as late as 1am, whenever there's something important to say. I'm an excitable (full ADHD) person and I thrive off having others with aligned goals to bounce ideas off.

My two business partners have invested all the money, for a slightly larger share, whereas I'm sweat-equity only.

Last month we covered our overheads, which are around £10k. Next month we're set to make £14k NET profit from a turnover of around £24k - these payments are scheduled with signed agreements!!

February and March should be (here's hoping!) the same again each month, on top of this (bringing March to around £72k t/o). Our business model is retained revenue, so each month we get last months (less any dropout) + next months.

We're now functioning, getting clients all the way from prospecting right through to payment and retention (so far!) and we have a scalable model to take this to new highs in March and beyond.

TLDR: I've tried a lot of things, usually all at once. Sticking in with one project and working with the right people is going really well.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AlphaWulf

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Aug 8, 2016
Great story! I hope you stay motivated with this project.

I am very similar with you in the qualities that I look for in a partner. What are some tips/advice you can offer for finding partners that fit "our" type well?

I always find that I'm more invested (motivation/goals wise) than partners and they all seem to lose interest and not stay as driven as me.

Any advice would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bourbons

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Mar 28, 2016
Newcastle, UK
Great story! I hope you stay motivated with this project.

I am very similar with you in the qualities that I look for in a partner. What are some tips/advice you can offer for finding partners that fit "our" type well?

I always find that I'm more invested (motivation/goals wise) than partners and they all seem to lose interest and not stay as driven as me.

Any advice would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honestly, I've worked with the wrong people for a long time. I've tried getting family and friends involved in businesses for half a decade in my earlier years (14-22). They all "want to be rich", but have bigger pains associated with taking risks than with continuing in status quo 'until they have enough money'.

I then worked with a few people, really anyone whose heart was in the right place and were a risk taker.

I came across plenty of really really interesting people who were going places, but I let my current (at the time) businesses partners hold me back every time - either they did not want to work openly with the new (possible!) business partner, or vice-versa as well as a few other scenarios. There's been plenty.

I'm interested in people. Whenever I meet someone, anyone, anywhere, I ask them all about what they do, who they work for (if it's themselves?), what it's like, how it's going etc. I get peoples numbers when there is a mutual ground. My wife always laughs about it.

I really mean that, I speak to people everywhere. Plenty of examples... I spoke to a guy at a corner shop, the owner of the corner shop happened to be there, and he's a property investor with a wealthy family. Not that he's my type of business partner, but I know him now. I met a guy from Monaco on a shoot (which I was invited on by another friend I made proactively), spoke with him in the following weeks by email and phone about his work, and he's offered me to get involved in a really great opportunity - although it's not the right time he's an excellent, wealthy, contact with lots of opportunities. I've met him again since when he was in the area by arranging to go for a drink, and I met a few of his business partners at the same time. That's to name just a few.

When you find people that are doing well and you get on with, just go for it. Talk to them about what they're doing, and give some though provoking questions, and relate it some your experience. Show value and opportunities come up. Don't be desperate, they're not all a fit - but you never know when they might be just the person you need to speak with!

Bourbons

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Mar 28, 2016
Newcastle, UK
Quick update...

I'm a new dad, baby came 3 days early. She's 8 days old now!

As for the company - it looks like we've fallen slightly short of our target for January, by ~15%.

However, the CRM I've put in place is excellent, and clients are now moving seamlessly through the sign-up process.

The partner we use to do (part of) our work has really changed their attitude and is now bending over backwards to fulfil our needs, and enable us to take the project further, quicker, and the coming months are looking really great.

Not to taking my eye off the ball, but even more exciting news is we're brokering a deal with another company that is doing (another part of) what we're doing, and they're earning low-eight-figures/month (£XX,000,000!!) from this project.

This company already turned over £150M+ P/A from other sources, but this is their new cash cow.

We've got something & someone who adds huge value to their project, and by the grace of god it looks like we may become their preferred supplier, if we play our cards right.

Long story short, there's an offer of the table for us 'working' 20,000 clients for the month of March, which will give us a revenue of just short of £6M, for that months work (paid over a 12 month term).

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Quick update...

I'm a new dad, baby came 3 days early. She's 8 days old now!

As for the company - it looks like we've fallen slightly short of our target for January, by ~15%.

However, the CRM I've put in place is excellent, and clients are now moving seamlessly through the sign-up process.

The partner we use to do (part of) our work has really changed their attitude and is now bending over backwards to fulfil our needs, and enable us to take the project further, quicker, and the coming months are looking really great.

Not to taking my eye off the ball, but even more exciting news is we're brokering a deal with another company that is doing (another part of) what we're doing, and they're earning low-eight-figures/month (£XX,000,000!!) from this project.

This company already turned over £150M+ P/A from other sources, but this is their new cash cow.

We've got something & someone who adds huge value to their project, and by the grace of god it looks like we may become their preferred supplier, if we play our cards right.

Long story short, there's an offer of the table for us 'working' 20,000 clients for the month of March, which will give us a revenue of just short of £6M, for that months work (paid over a 12 month term).
Congrats, on your progress and becoming a new dad.

Just curious, are you a Geordie? I'm from the other side of the country near Carlisle and fly in and out of Newcastle Airport...

Bourbons

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Mar 28, 2016
Newcastle, UK
Congrats, on your progress and becoming a new dad.

Just curious, are you a Geordie? I'm from the other side of the country near Carlisle and fly in and out of Newcastle Airport...

Hey Andy,

Thank you for that!

I sure am, yeah.

Newcastle's a small place, I'll DM you :smile2:

Bourbons

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Mar 28, 2016
Newcastle, UK
It's been a while since I've given any update..

I'm currently earning (personally) £10,000 / week, whilst delegating to a team I've built and growing the company - I've clear plans to (hopefully) double the income within a month.

I'm not quite where I want to be yet, but it looks to be on the right track, and by far the best position I've been thus far.

Honestly, TMF had a big influence on my life.

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
It's been a while since I've given any update..

I'm currently earning (personally) £10,000 / week, whilst delegating to a team I've built and growing the company - I've clear plans to (hopefully) double the income within a month.

I'm not quite where I want to be yet, but it looks to be on the right track, and by far the best position I've been thus far.

Honestly, TMF had a big influence on my life.
Congratulations & keep up the great work

Bourbons

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Mar 28, 2016
Newcastle, UK
Every week for the last month has been a record.. this week we took £208,500.. profit after tax and wages is around £90k, so I'll get £45k of that on top of my wage this week.

Paying myself £3k/week currently, before dividends :blush:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.