The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

If You Were A Moderator

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
if i were a moderator, i would tap into this formidable power of interconnected minds that are writing here for free

this is like a formidable engine with hundreds of minds too plug , a giant mastermind to harness

i would organize a mastermind event where all milionaires here are invited to come and to share their life lessons.

imagine the power of such an engine of knowledge and achievement

unbelievable

this is like famous copywriting events : all superstars are in the room

View attachment 13683

and the room is worth hundreds of millions of dollars in potential achievement

you can always connect these " brain batteries" as a giant CPU in a new way ( management of people) to acheive new results

this is truly the mind of a god that is emerging in the room with all these superstars

someone once said that the internet is truly like a God with all this knowledge available within one click.

same thing here
You just described the fast lane summit? Lol

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Barrier of Entry to newbies:

Before you can make your first post, you have to answer basic questions about forum rules, questions over the book, etc. This will filter out the spammers, wantrapreneurs, and unnecessary reiteration.

Also, maybe adopt the Reddit style idea where they post the basic guidelines for the forum/subforum at the beginning of a thread as a reminder to keep everyone on track in the discussion.

IMG_8768.PNG

Last edited:

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
You just described the fast lane summit? Lol

no

i am talking about a new way of thinking

in most event, people come , they take notes, they teach about things , they have a good laugh , they have a beer and then they leave.

this is not what i am saying

i am saying connecting brains to open new visions.

the fastlane summit is not a CPU working on a specific vision .

by the way, i would never be a moderator because i hate strutures imposed on me : follow rules , do this do that.

i am the guy who connect things and structures . i am not a part of the structure

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I'd fire and then rehire Vigilante.

;-) *couldn't resist*

Thats been done multiple times. The firing part. I just won't leave.

kkompoti

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jul 23, 2016
Greece
i would make the conversation section more user friendly. i must hit refresh sometimes as i am waiting for an answer from an online member. i don't do the following but it would be easier to go on facebook or whatever , find him ,friend him and chat with him than wait here and click refresh 4-6 times in order to see the answer.
and i think that when you are in a conversation you cannot see if the other person is online.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
i would make the conversation section more user friendly. i must hit refresh sometimes as i am waiting for an answer from an online member. i don't do the following but it would be easier to go on facebook or whatever , find him ,friend him and chat with him than wait here and click refresh 4-6 times in order to see the answer.
and i think that when you are in a conversation you cannot see if the other person is online.
Like a chat....

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Should we have a Fastlane app? Good to pop onto my iphone and click that TMF button when I'm on the go. Some entrepreneurs have to move about.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
UX glitch - when sending rep, page is refreshed. After that it does return to the post, but sometimes it just stays on the top of the screen.

Sort of discourages sending rep as sending it breaks the flow at the most interesting part. At least my subjective feeling.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
A newly designed forum is coming in early 2017 (should be January!) to coincide with the announcement of my next book.

Unfortunately, I might have to do away with the REP BANK concept as the new software as well as the plugin that runs it is somewhat antiquated, not to mention I don't trust the developer.

I might have to resort to the native system that comes with the forum.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Taking suggestions for new forum categories where consolidation is in order.

Looking to reduce categories by 75% -- most people just seem to DEFAULT to "General Entrepreneurship"

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Unfortunately, I might have to do away with the REP BANK concept as the new software as well as the plugin that runs it is somewhat antiquated, not to mention I don't trust the developer.

Oooo... A rep bank reset? That will be interesting.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Taking suggestions for new forum categories where consolidation is in order.

Looking to reduce categories by 75% -- most people just seem to DEFAULT to "General Entrepreneurship"

I think some of them could just be combined. Like "fastlane funnies" and "sports and off-topic" into just a generic "off-topic" section.

B & M and real estate. Books & education. Etc.

Is there a way to get the categories/topics to further reinforce the main theme of "fastlane"? Not being critical, but when I first joined the categories seemed scattered, confusing, and the "fastlane" "slowlane" and "sidewalk" categories almost seemed like an after-thought. (compared to the "Your roads (business paths)" topic heading)

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Tiger TT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Dec 25, 2015
A newly designed forum is coming in early 2017 (should be January!) to coincide with the announcement of my next book.

I think that's bad, because when I first discovered this forum I quickly figured out that the members with a very high rep shared really good stuff. So I almost always read their posts in the threads that I viewed.

Rep bank plays a guide role for new members just like marking threads as gold.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I think that's bad, because when I first discovered this forum I quickly figured out that the members with a very high rep shared really good stuff. So I almost always read their posts in the threads that I viewed.

Rep bank plays a guide role for new members just like marking threads as gold.
Unless you go by likes? BTW, some people regularly give away a load of rep (Vigilante in particular).

I don't know what the new system would look like, but I'd not put *too* much store on rep. Some quiet members with hardly any posts and hardly any rep are quietly crushing it, so don't ignore them.

Try following a few people who you really respect, and see who's posts they regularly like. That can help you hone your BS meter, and find some gems.

When I just joined I also checked who people I respected were following.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Jun 29, 2011
What if you categorized all posts based on the stage of the business? Add more tags (like meetup, funnies, ask me anything) to differentiate the posts.

Mindset → sidewalk, slowlane, fastlane
R&D → idea bucket, news, education
Prototype → testing market, progress threads
Execution → strategies, acquisition
Selling → buyout, closing, retiring
Off topic → everything else

Tiger TT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Dec 25, 2015
Unless you go by likes? BTW, some people regularly give away a load of rep (Vigilante in particular).

I don't know what the new system would look like, but I'd not put *too* much store on rep. Some quiet members with hardly any posts and hardly any rep are quietly crushing it, so don't ignore them.

Try following a few people who you really respect, and see who's posts they regularly like. That can help you hone your BS meter, and find some gems.

When I just joined I also checked who people I respected were following.

I agree, but the rep bank is the most obvious and the easiest thing a new member can look at. That's what I did in the beginning. I think unless it's replaced with a similar meter it shouldn't go away.

We can go by likes as you said, but the font should be larger. Otherwise new members won't notice it.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
Perhaps a weekly/bi-weekly thread dedicated to a specific skill, channel, or market where people can ask any question they want, or people can offer as much or as little value they want, or just to share your own experience. It might encourage more people to participate who have small questions about something that don't really want to start a thread in of itself. With a strict "stay on topic" guideline. Encourage positive discussion by having rep points be worth 2x for each like received in the thread.

It could even be its own forum category, one thread taking ideas/votes for next week's topic while the other thread would remain open until the end of the week until it auto closed.

They could be general, like "Everything Copywriting" or more specific like, "Biggest Problems with Chinese Manufacturer's and How to Overcome Them", "Idea Generation April 2017", etc.

Some forums already deal with such topics but by having a dedicated weekly thread it would generate more interesting, compelling discussion focused around each topic.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.