The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Young Entrepreneurs] This is the Best Advice You'll Ever Read

Anything related to matters of the mind

Tuvo Apps

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 6, 2015
This is an excerpt from an article by Chris from GoodLookingLoser.com.
(some of you might know it)

If you're young, that site will change your life. It changed mine.

There's a special type of insecure guy out there.

He is destined for success but isn't sure if he really is.

He might be you.

He was me.

He has below-average self-esteem.
He is less secure than he should be.
He has an inferiority complex.
He has a chip on his shoulder.
He quietly compares himself to his friends.
He beats himself up too much.

He knows he has these emotional issues and does his best to hide it, usually successfully.

Around normal people, he appears normal, he's just one of the guys.

But not quite.

Quietly behind the scenes, he is obsessed with his future and has a relentless work ethic to compensate for his perceived shortcomings.

He doesn't even know why he is so obsessed.

He just considers himself to be ambitious and a hard worker.

Day after day, month after month, he just keeps working, not always clear what his goal actually is and quits plenty of projects that he thought he was passionate about.

He just wants to win at life.

Some way. Somehow.

He's determined to make it.

He wants financial freedom, women and simply to feel good about himself.

He just keeps working, trying to make his life work.

If this is you (it was me) -

DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING.

You are on the right track.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Wheres the advice? Just reads like pure sales copy.

Whats your connection to this guy? 6 posts in and you are linking right out of here.

If I remember correctly this guy got busted for using fake models for his picking-up-girls videos. Much better and more stable people on here to learn off who aren't trying to sell you some Pick Up Artist info products.

Tuvo Apps

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 6, 2015
No connection to the guy, I found his blog via Bold and Determined. (another great blog)
I know that GLL generally has a bad reputation, but some of the advice he gives is great.

The advice that resonated with me is "Don't change anything."

There have been moments in the past when I just wasn't sure if what I was
doing is right - especially when you're young and compare yourself with others all the time.

randomshinichi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Nov 26, 2013
I can vouch for GLL, his advice is legit. Articles on the proper way of IDGAF, and on having proper perspective on the subject of picking up women, and the importance of empathy and understanding what goes on through their heads... he's rich now too and it wouldn't surprise me if he had been on this forum at some point.

Many PUAs get busted for using actresses. This guy is not one of them.

Also, he keeps it real by not posting useless articles when there's nothing more to say about picking up women. A lot of dating advice people out there do that, but he doesn't. That's because he's not earning (much) off Good Looking Loser. Therefore this is true, uncoloured advice.

Last edited:

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
[HASHTAG]#landfill[/HASHTAG]

I'm sorry, it's not that there isn't any value in this, it's just that this reads like a mental-masturbatory poem.

Also; it sounds like 'PUA'.

we can see it as kind of a fastlane mindset

remember that a famous marketer like Eben Pagan, who is worth 100 millions dollars has built his empire by selling dating advice to nice guys

the guy doesn't know anything about women since he is a marketer but he managed to become a milionaire along the trip !!

in 5 years !!

Laughing Out Loud !! :notworthy: :tiphat:

that's inteligence in my opinion

eben.jpeg

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
The thought that sacrificing the now for a better future 10 years from now to finally get financial freedom, women, and happiness is F*ckING DUMB.

You live now.

No yesterday

No tomorrow.

Now, you should know that focusing on your future is important and should be put as a priority. Dont piss this moment away.

But where that post is coming from is ego.

Dont for a second think that being a loser with zero self confidence, insecurity, and an inferiority complex is okay. It's coping in the now for a better tomorrow and it never wins because you aren't guaranteed tomorrow and you aren't guaranteed a better future. Ever.

You should change everything to meet the reality of what you want to live in. And if work to create the life you desire everyday.

Otherwise you will continue to mentally masturbate and never get anywhere and posts like the OP help make you feel better.

But it doesn't change that fact that you're still a F*cking loser.

Chimp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 30, 2016
The thought that sacrificing the now for a better future 10 years from now to finally get financial freedom, women, and happiness is F*ckING DUMB.

Is this not a key point in the fastlane mindset?

Also the owner of goodlookingloser.com is a joke and creep. I find it funny he's on this forum. Look at this video

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
Is this not a key point in the fastlane mindset?

Also the owner of goodlookingloser.com is a joke and creep. I find it funny he's on this forum. Look at this video

It's one thing to sacrifice what normal people will not give up. It's another to be a loser and compensate with work without actually actualizing yourself in all other areas of your life. Every extremely successful entreprenuer i've ever met has every area of their life dialed in if you think about the ones you know its probably similar.

I dont think hes a joke or a creep. I dont spend time on his site mind you i checked into it a year or so ago. He's a successful entreprenuer and he figured it out his own way which isnt easy to do. But I think the post can be easily misinterpreted by chumps and thats all Im sayin'

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
wtf-i-just-read.gif

Tuvo Apps

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 6, 2015
Thank you for your replies. This forum is the best thing that ever happened to me and I will always trust your advice, but now I feel very lost.
I feel like everything I used to believe in is falling apart. You made me question my whole mindset.

@Envision This made me think I might be doing everything wrong:

How I feel - This right now is not me. I need money and success in order to be complete.

So I always took pride in sacrificing the now for the future. Living like noone else would so I could live like noone else could.
In the past 4 years, I haven't made any new friends or anything. I am postponing everything in my life until I succeed.
That is why the blog post resonated with me so much. Now I feel that this approach might be completely wrong.

It has to be wrong - In those past 4 years, I have started countless projects. None of them really worked.
I am definitely chasing money. Also, maybe I don't want it bad enough. Yet, entrepreneurship is the only thing
I can imagine myself doing. This sounds like a stupid question, but how do you make yourself want it bad enough?

I am afraid that I will waste my young years (I'm 19) working on something that will never work.

Any ideas?

Mr. Gray

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Nov 8, 2016
Thank you for your replies. This forum is the best thing that ever happened to me and I will always trust your advice, but now I feel very lost.
I feel like everything I used to believe in is falling apart. You made me question my whole mindset.

@Envision This made me think I might be doing everything wrong:

How I feel - This right now is not me. I need money and success in order to be complete.

So I always took pride in sacrificing the now for the future. Living like noone else would so I could live like noone else could.
In the past 4 years, I haven't made any new friends or anything. I am postponing everything in my life until I succeed.
That is why the blog post resonated with me so much. Now I feel that this approach might be completely wrong.

It has to be wrong - In those past 4 years, I have started countless projects. None of them really worked.
I am definitely chasing money. Also, maybe I don't want it bad enough. Yet, entrepreneurship is the only thing
I can imagine myself doing. This sounds like a stupid question, but how do you make yourself want it bad enough?

I am afraid that I will waste my young years (I'm 19) working on something that will never work.

Any ideas?

As Tony Robbins says and I'm paraphrasing "emotion is a driving force behind action". What this means is that you have to get yourself in the emotional state of wanting it bad enough.

Try this out envision yourself a week from now seeing, hearing, and feeling that you want it bad enough.

Brighten the movie (it may be an image make it a movie) of yourself that you see yourself wanting it bad enough

Bring the movie closer to you

Double the size of the movie

Now see, hear, and feel yourself wanting it bad enough

Now put the movie into the present moment.

If this works let me know and if it doesn't still let me know.

andrewhook

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Oct 22, 2016
Italy
There's a special type of insecure guy out there.

He is destined for success but isn't sure if he really is.

He might be you.

He was me.

He has below-average self-esteem.
He is less secure than he should be.
He has an inferiority complex.
He has a chip on his shoulder.
He quietly compares himself to his friends.
He beats himself up too much.

He knows he has these emotional issues and does his best to hide it, usually successfully.

Around normal people, he appears normal, he's just one of the guys.

But not quite.

Quietly behind the scenes, he is obsessed with his future and has a relentless work ethic to compensate for his perceived shortcomings.

He doesn't even know why he is so obsessed.

He just considers himself to be ambitious and a hard worker.

Day after day, month after month, he just keeps working, not always clear what his goal actually is and quits plenty of projects that he thought he was passionate about.

He just wants to win at life.

Some way. Somehow.

He's determined to make it.

He wants financial freedom, women and simply to feel good about himself.

He just keeps working, trying to make his life work.

If this is you (it was me) -

DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING.

You are on the right track.

This quote is totally wrong.

You're not destined for success. Me neither. No one is destined to success.
You are not special.
Always remember that FATE DOES NOT EXIST.

I've recently read an article of an outstanding italian entrepreneur, he was talking about Batman and Superman. I'll translate a piece of it:
"
Topped by rivers of positive thinking, with the "you are special" (the worst lie that a mother could tell to a child) and that unhealthy desire to feel "unique", often we lose sight of some small truths of life.
Our DNA is for 99.999% Identical to any other person on the planet. So is our anatomy and So are also our companies and our products.

[...]

Think for a moment to Batman. Batman has no superpowers. He is a normal man. He can't dodge bullets, and he is not invulnerable, he can't fly, can't run at supersonic speed, he doesn't have the laser view of Superman nor his super power.

Despite he is a comic book character, he expresses a truth: how can you be feared throughout the known universe more than Superman if you are a normal man? (For the uninitiated Batman is more feared than Superman by divine and semi-divine beings in the universe of DC Comics).

Surely not because you are stronger, faster, and invulnerable than your semi-god friend Clark Kent.

The point is the FOCUS. Batman didn't spend his life searching for a sort of super-soldier serum that would make him a e meta-human like Captain America.

Batman spent his life becoming the most great detective in the world. You know that if you give sufficient time to Batman to make a plan against you, thanks to his knowledge and to his deductive logic, Whether you ARE A man or a God, for you there is no escape. No chance of victory.

Batman used his life for increasing that 0.001% that could have made him the best of all. And so he has made it.​
"

Was Bill Gate destined to succeed? He wasn't. He was just one of many, but he has worked hard and smart and he has make it.
You are like everyone else, but with TON of study and practice, you can be world-class.

Really, don't think that, everything you'll do, you will succeed.

And then, also the final quote: "DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING" is wrong, but you will find out why by reading the Fastlane book. :)

PS. Don't search for people who keep you motivated with inspirational quotes. Create relationships with people who can give you education and value. Motivation must come by you. There must be an inexhaustible source of motivation inside of you!!

Tuvo Apps

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 6, 2015
As Tony Robbins says and I'm paraphrasing "emotion is a driving force behind action". What this means is that you have to get yourself in the emotional state of wanting it bad enough.

Try this out envision yourself a week from now seeing, hearing, and feeling that you want it bad enough.

Brighten the movie (it may be an image make it a movie) of yourself that you see yourself wanting it bad enough

Bring the movie closer to you

Double the size of the movie

Now see, hear, and feel yourself wanting it bad enough

Now put the movie into the present moment.

If this works let me know and if it doesn't still let me know.

Thank you, it did actually work. I think I experienced how it feels like to want it bad enough.

However, it was very similar to watching a motivational video on YouTube.
The emotion it created was intensive but also very fleeting. It lasted about 2 hours.

For example, I have a problem with waking up earlier in the morning.
Also, I often find myself puttig very little effort into my projects.

In some other thread, someone said that if you have these problems, then you don't want it bad enough.

But how do you create such feeling that lasts?

andrewhook

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Oct 22, 2016
Italy
How do you create such feeling that lasts?

I think you are not motivated because you don't know the other side.

Start an ordinary job. You will make some money and realize what an employee's life really is.

If you decide that this life is not for you, you will start the way of entrepreneurship with an unstoppable motivation. :)

Tuvo Apps

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 6, 2015
I think you are not motivated because you don't know the other side.

You're right. I've never been an employee.

The thing is, I'm not doing this to escape being an employee,
but simply because I know there is a better way.

My goals could never be achieved via an ordinary job,
so I found a different way, and I'm 100% sure it is the right one.

The problem is, this mindset still doesn't manifest itself into daily action.

andrewhook

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Oct 22, 2016
Italy
You're right. I've never been an employee.

The thing is, I'm not doing this to escape being an employee,
but simply because I know there is a better way.

My goals could never be achieved via an ordinary job,
so I found a different way, and I'm 100% sure it is the right one.

The problem is, this mindset still doesn't manifest itself into daily action.

Another thing I can suggest you is to think every second about what you are doing in that moment.

When you have to correct your posture, you do postural gymnastic, but you can accelerate the process by steadily assuming the correct posture and paying attention to it every second.

I think it's the same for your actions: think about them every second and ask yourself "Am I doing right now? Am i getting closer to my goal?" and then correct your behavior :)

LPPC

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Mar 6, 2016
Thank you, it did actually work. I think I experienced how it feels like to want it bad enough.

However, it was very similar to watching a motivational video on YouTube.
The emotion it created was intensive but also very fleeting. It lasted about 2 hours.

For example, I have a problem with waking up earlier in the morning.
Also, I often find myself puttig very little effort into my projects.

In some other thread, someone said that if you have these problems, then you don't want it bad enough.

But how do you create such feeling that lasts?

Do you want to be happy? Do you want to be complete and whole? Then fix it at the core. Don't fix the symptoms. fix the cause. If you are ready in your life to accept what is told in this video, then you can thank me later.

andrewhook

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Oct 22, 2016
Italy
Another thing I can suggest you is to think every second about what you are doing in that moment.

When you have to correct your posture, you do postural gymnastic, but you can accelerate the process by steadily assuming the correct posture and paying attention to it every second.

I think it's the same for your actions: think about them every second and ask yourself "Am I doing right now? Am i getting closer to my goal?" and then correct your behavior :)

Just read something that could be useful to you! :)
5e4b5ae79323d0ca80d71f4262b7171a.png

Tuvo Apps

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 6, 2015

Thank you, that's an awesome tip. Great analogy with the posture.

This is what I was looking for, as it makes you do the most important things
without unnecessary emotional motivation. Applied it yesterday and got
more work done than in the whole past week.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.