The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is insiders worth it?

UncleIroh

1079252849 kph
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Oct 20, 2016
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Hey! I am considering joining the INSIDERS. I have to say that I am still 20, learning a lot each day. Investing on books. Today my mindset completely changed. Thanks to this post:

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/learning-to-program-is-stupid-or-smart.41319/

and by James Altucher.

I am now much more focused on the idea and marketing than coding. Still dont planning on stopping my java course but I will not spend as much time as the past few weeks. I am planning on returning to my old hobbies of video editing and photoshop as they might prove much more useful than I thought.

That being said, I dont have a lot of money to spend. I know that education is my best investment right now. Books and this forum are changing me for the better.

Is the INSIDERS forum worth it? Am I gonna learn a lot more by joining?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Yes. Within 1 day of subscribing, I was given advice that will potentially increase my income stream by 5x. So yes.

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
Depends. Are you going to take action with the vast amount of knowledge you will gain by doing so?

I had analysis paralysis for a year and a half after my first INSIDERS subscription. There's a ton of info on the outside as well. See if you can start something with what you know now and use your profits to buy a subscription. $120 shouldn't be that hard to hustle for if you're determined.

UncleIroh

1079252849 kph
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Oct 20, 2016
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Yes. Within 1 day of subscribing, I was given advice that will potentially increase my income stream by 5x. So yes.[/QUOT
Depends. Are you going to take action with the vast amount of knowledge you will gain by doing so?

I had analysis paralysis for a year and a half after my first INSIDERS subscription. There's a ton of info on the outside as well. See if you can start something with what you know now and use your profits to buy a subscription.

Yeah, I dont know how worth it would it be if I dont have a business already running. Today I came to the conclusion that I know much less than what I thought. And the road is harder than expected. But, what I know is that I will succeed no matter what

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
You don't need to have a business to take advantage of INSIDERS. Heck, they even have free business ideas in the INSIDERS lol

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
Yeah, I dont know how worth it would it be if I dont have a business already running.

What are your strengths and what kinds of businesses do you feel matches well with these?

I am extremely resourceful, research oriented, and highly technical. I wanted a business that I could run on my own so naturally ecommerce is the path I pursued. After educating myself on ecom mans thread and a few other super lengthy posts, I heard of some threads on the inside that dive into greater detail so I took the plunge.

Ultimately, it helped me understand and be better educated to make less mistakes, but in no way necessary. The most important thing is to start as soon as possible and not being afraid of asking questions when you are unsure of part of the process. Everybody is here to help eachother, provide value, and give back. Figure out something you want to try, commit, and don't be afraid to fail!

Mr.Chaos

Wolves love Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Mar 16, 2016
Atlanta
If I were you I would have joined yesterday tbh.

However if you are tight on cash i'd put whats on the outside to use first.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
Easily one of the best investments you'll make .

SethTavis

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 2, 2016
Little Rock, Arkansas
Hey! I am considering joining the INSIDERS. I have to say that I am still 20, learning a lot each day. Investing on books. Today my mindset completely changed. Thanks to this post:

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/learning-to-program-is-stupid-or-smart.41319/

and by James Altucher.

I am now much more focused on the idea and marketing than coding. Still dont planning on stopping my java course but I will not spend as much time as the past few weeks. I am planning on returning to my old hobbies of video editing and photoshop as they might prove much more useful than I thought.

That being said, I dont have a lot of money to spend. I know that education is my best investment right now. Books and this forum are changing me for the better.

My suggestion (keep in mind I'm a new member) Is read all the Gold and Notable threads. Absorb all the valuable knowledge (The process and mindset rather then how a member is printing cash) then go for the inside and repeat?

snappyhappy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 3, 2015
There is a ton of value to be found in public threads on the forum. I'd start there - extract what value you can and prove to yourself that you can apply what you learn and take the necessary action before paying for any tool or subscription.

INSIDERS is a subscription that is absolutely worth paying for - I'd just recommend working your way up to it, that way you will be able to share your experiences and provide value when you join instead of just taking.

G

Guest34764

I can't say that I invested in the INSIDERS because some kind gentleman gifted me a subscription, but I can say the information in the INSIDERS is second to none.

You have the INSIDERS threads, then you have the INSIDERS's Gold.That's where you'll find absolutely amazing threads that go in-depth into a venture.

If you're looking to further your knowledge it's a good place to start, but I can't recommend it if all you'll do is read.The Inside is to learn and further your knowledge, without applying any action you've essentially wasted your time doing nothing but read about other people's success and obstacles.

Though I might suggest if you don't have a lot of money, to get more.

Education is nice, but you need to get out there and make some money instead of reading more, or you'll be a typical 30-year-old on FaceBook posting pictures of business quotes.

Good luck!

p.s. Cool profile picture!

vitality11

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Sep 12, 2015
OK
As far as INSIDERS, Public Forum, and the Fastlane Millionaire Book - All of them are 10/10 excellent resources.

Also, you don't have to buy it right now. You can buy it next month or 2 months from now.
Eventually, you'll get inside. Eventually, we get in there.

Even if you join and somehow get busy and don't have time to extract value - think of it as another way to say thanks to MJ since he has already changed your life outlook :)

_Seba_

AAA
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Jun 24, 2015
Germany
If I were you I would dig into the free forum threads first.
There is massive value in it and it seems like an INSIDERS subscription isn't necessary for you at the moment.

If you're planning to expand your photoshop skills, you better invest into a photoshop course (or look for the free recources) than into the INSIDERS subscription. You can still buy the subscription when you have more money to invest.

Last edited:

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
It all comes down to the application of what you learn. If you are willing to apply what you learn then yes the INSIDERS is well worth the cost. If you are going to read things but never apply anything than it will be a waste of your money.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
That being said, I dont have a lot of money to spend. I know that education is my best investment right now.
I've found it to be invaluable. 1 piece of advice will make it up in sales or savings. That being said..go out and make some sales first in whatever that may be. Video editing, photoshop, a product you developed. I think that should be a barrier to entry anyway. Show that you're doing (something) then there's less worries from everyone else that another idea stealer is lurking (not pointing this to you at all).

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
The cheapest plan is $20 per month, for 3 months.

$20.

Think about that. What have you spent $20 on already this month that didn't help you in any real way?

There is a barrier keeping a large number of people out of the INSIDERS but that barrier isn't money.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

and by James Altucher.

As you can see from the replies...the INSIDERS's is worth a lot. Question is, are you worth the INSIDERS's?

Take action on the outside first. Earn enough money to pay your way Inside.

In my opinion if you can't make money with what's in the regular forum, you should probably wait.

If you can't see treasure in a room full of treasure, you still won't see it when you unlock the treasure chest covered by GOLD coins...

Last edited:

Kinematic

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jul 31, 2016
Dallas, TX
I haven't started my business yet, but being an INSIDERS provides very intimate details of processes and successes that are very confidence inspiring. For me I'm still training myself to identify needs and pain points that could translate into something that can eventually meet CENTS. I now have confidence that once I find something I want to pursue I'll be prepared to progress very quickly.

Also, a subscription is only 1 chipotle burrito per month (cheapest option). Now I spend more time here getting better vs wishing I had chipotlaway.

Last edited by a moderator:

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
My INSIDERS's subscription is the only recurring charge on my CC that I don't hate the sight of.

Start with the Gold threads and start executing first though. There's some great threads by @SinisterLex @Fox and @Andy Black

I turned stuff I learned from those threads into a full on career transition from accounting to sales in the last maybe 4 months since I started actively participating in the forum. Literally facilitated me making my way out of a job that I've hated for the last ten years.

Key phrase there is active: I've been a member of the forum for a few years and it did F*ck all good until I started acting on it in the last few months.

I'm still not fully on the fastlane, but almost all the progress I've made in that direction has been from consistently acting on a relatively small number of insights learned from those gold threads.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I think the answer depends on what you expect.

If you expect "make money online" warrior forum crap, you will be disappointed.

If you expect a detailed snapshot into starting something from nothing, a process that can take months to years, you'll be happy.

Aside from that, my options thread co-authored by myself and @IceCreamKid is probably worth six-figures+ ALONE. While that thread requires some capital to make useful, it's lessons are priceless insofar as tuning the financial markets into a Fastlane type venture where time works for you, vs against you.

I also would like to stress, that an INSIDERS subscription REQUIRES that you have read the book. In the future once I get my second book to print, it will have other barriers installed.

In the meantime, I suggest anyone considering to READ ALL THE GOLD AND NOTABLE THREADS FIRST -- there is gold in dem hills, and it's already free!

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
That being said, I don't have a lot of money to spend.

I don't know why but these, "Is INSIDERS worth it?" threads rub me the wrong way. Hit the pavement and start grinding. There are plenty of ways to hustle some money if you need some quick cash.

Go to TJ Maxx/Marshalls/Ross and go straight to the clearance rack. Yes, you're going to the clearance rack at a clearance store.

Buy all the name brand stuff that you can find. Nike, Ralph Lauren, etc. then post them for sale on ebay. Make sure to show pics of the tags that show the MSRP. You should be finding $75 jackets and stuff for $15. Return any items that you can't sell within 30 days.

Do enough of that and it'll pay for your INSIDERS sub easily.

Just grind, my man. Get out and do something. Hustle. Acquire customers.

d92a8ca445f85692a7f73a6088a67a74.jpg

#nowhere

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 29, 2016
Germany
Btw...

I forgot to renew my subscription. Are all bookmarks lost now?

Edit:

The value discussion. I had an exchange via message on that with @Andy Black when I arrived here first. He said dead on:

"See it as an investment in yourself"

Following the INSIDERS-section hasn't disappointed me... The advice there.... Priceless.

Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
May 29, 2013
Go to TJ Maxx/Marshalls/Ross and go straight to the clearance rack. Yes, you're going to the clearance rack at a clearance store.

Buy all the name brand stuff that you can find. Nike, Ralph Lauren, etc. then post them for sale on ebay. Make sure to show pics of the tags that show the MSRP. You should be finding $75 jackets and stuff for $15. Return any items that you can't sell within 30 days.

Do enough of that and it'll pay for your INSIDERS sub easily.

Just grind, my man. Get out and do something. Hustle. Acquire customers.

Such sweet sweet memories you brought back.

True story coming below...

I started out as a consultant, later became CMO, to a company that did EXACTLY this.

The owner was going to outlets also. Now, he goes direct and to some places where he has contacts instead of buying himself, but he does train his "buyers" to go to places on the weekend and to find deals for the company.

Moral of the story... that guy started out buying everything on the clearance rack at places like Dillards a decade ago and now runs the largest urban soft goods retailer on eBay and Amazon. I think he was 16 or 17 at the time when I first met him.

When I left the company, we grew it from 1 to 60 employees and we were doing over $10MM a year in revenues and selling stuff internationally all around the globe day and night on all kinds of platforms ( everything on ChannelAdvisor, all the CSE's, Flash sale sites, etc ). This is in comparison to when it was being ran in his parent's basement with a few boxes of shoes and jeans with just him and some eBay templates...

That hustle now has lead him to own some RE in Florida, own equity in a fashionable t-shirt brand, own equity in a major SaaS for ecommerce sellers, and a few other business things.

ALL FROM A CLEARANCE RACK OVER A DECADE AGO.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.