The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The 3 Biggest Game Changing Books

MonicaK

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Oct 20, 2016
Hi everyone,

I hope you're all having a great day!

I'm a 2nd year university Maths student from London, UK who was dead set on a miserable and dreary existence as an investment banker in the city. Achieving this feat would mean I had 'made it' in my family being first-generation born in the UK.

I realised this wasn't the path for me when I absolutely failed my 1st year mid-term Maths exams. The only thing I had lived for since I was 5 years old were my grades. Until this point I had never failed a public exam and I ...

..Completely lost it!

I spent that sad and lonely Friday night in January 2016 under a mountain of blankets with 5 helpings of triple chocolate cake and hot chocolate with chocolate sprinkles. I spent about 18 minutes wondering "Who is Monica without her grades?". I had no idea. I timed 3 minutes on my phone to cry everything out.

Done.

Then I looked to Google for the answers to my life and found an interesting article about 30 millionaires under 30. Strange. I looked through the list expecting to see the likes of Arianna Grande and Justin Bieber. What I found instead were start up companies and entrepreneurs.

I was amazed. I was brought up to believe entrepreneur was code for "unemployed", "going nowhere" or my mum's favourite "loser". Then I envisioned my life. Graduate, work for an investment bank stressed out until I'm 75 then from all the money I've set aside, buy the best hip replacement surgery money can buy.

Lovely.

I researched books that would help fire some meaning into my life and these 3 listed below are the books that CHANGED THE GAME for me and have now set me on my journey to add value to the world:

1. "Choose Yourself" - James Altucher
2. "6 Months to 6 Figures" - Peter Voogd
3. "The Millionaire Fastlane " - MJ DeMarco

Since then I have made some mistakes being obsessed with taking care of my family NOW and generating income ASAP. I've invested in easy entry programmes like forex trading and was even crazy enough to consider a supplement MLM. I asked the universe for a sign and then read the part in TMF about the man at an intimate gathering selling supplements and MJ's likening to him vermin.

Life saver.

I have since invested in myself with Peter Voogd's Game Changers Academy and in the next 6 months I aim to:
1. Salvage my university degree (1st year grades thankfully don't go towards the final degree classification)
2. Find a need that meets the CENTS principles and put together a plan of execution
3. Create more energy in my life by living a healthier lifestyle and reaching out to those playing the game at a higher level than me, in this Forum and the Game Changers Academy.

Thank you for reading my first thread and I look forward to starting my fastlane journey!

Monica

P.S. Commenting below with 3 books that changed the game for YOU would be a great help for others' reading lists.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just wanted to say thanks for the intro Monica!

Glad you enjoyed TMF .

Hope to cya around the forum.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Welcome to Forum!

3 books for me

• TMF - (this is a given)
  • RDPD- Read between the marketing gimmicks, there's plenty of good general concepts in that book about accumulating wealth and starting something
  • Rework by Jason Fried- Blunt and to the point, great book to re-read and remind yourself how to keep moving
JP

UncleIroh

1079252849 kph
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Oct 20, 2016
Buenos Aires, Argentina
So far the best ones I have read are:

The millionaire fastlane

Lifehacked (more app related but still really good)

How to have confidence and power in dealing with people

Right now Im reading James Altucher blog and Trump's think big. I really recommend them also!

Good luck!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Analyticz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Jun 24, 2016
I am glad that you have started to read about entrepreneurs and those are good books to broaden your mindset. It is an amazing world out there. There is far too much to celebrate in this life. Keep going.
Just focus and persist.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...