The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My fastlane mentor

Topics relating to managing people and relationships
G

GuestUser8117

My mentor, I love her. She always support me with my aspirations. She helps me believe in myself. She works at a new office now in a high end building and here's what the building looks like :
1654.jpg

Fastlane huh? I used to work in a restaurant in this building. Now I'm thinking maybe about setting an office at her floor. There are a lot of business people there and some fastlane restaurants at the 1st and 2nd floor. I just can't work at home, there are too many distractions, like listening too much classical music, and my piano and all the goddamn dishes. I need to work outside my appartment.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Last edited:

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
My mentor has a really big garage full of cars, including 2 Aventadors, has his own plane and <insert dozens of other irrelevant, but expensive assets there>.
On a serious note: I know him for about 13 years and remember him skipping school to teach me how to play drums.
I know his every fear, have seen hundreds of his failures with my own eyes and remember the time when he had nothing.

I remember how we were standing in a waiting line to buy cola with 50 RUR bill in my hand and nobody would imagine who we are and which car we'll get in after we leave a store.

Not many people would even value what he says without knowing about his Swiss bank account.
And this is one of the greatest powers in the world I've ever seen.

Not depending from anyone or anything.

Being of value without mixing it with money.

Making people around you feel like they're on top of the world even if they're 200k in debt and need to wake up at 6 AM, because their 9 to 5 workweek starts tomorrow.

Having people with you who care no matter what. Who proved it day after day after day for many many years.

How he "got rich"?
Well, it has nothing to do with money, business, or anything we talk about here on forum.
He didn't make friends with wealthy people. He wasn't looking in someone else's wallet before getting along with them.
He was continuously making things happen with those he already got along with. He made poor people rich. He wasn't selfish. He didn't "try" to sell anything to anyone, but he offered a lot.

I showed him TFLF and he said: "Why don't you guys try doing something together?".
Then I showed him a thread about equity and partnership started by someone who barely makes money and he was like: "Apparently, owning 50% of non-existent company seems attractive".

When I say "SEO, PPC, CRO, SMM..." he tells me to shut the F*ck up and think about something important.
Feel it?

We don't need more money to make success. We don't need "clients". We don't need "opportunity".
We will make all of it happen if we have a right thing on our mind.

kkompoti

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jul 23, 2016
Greece
Well, it has nothing to do with money, business, or anything we talk about here on forum.
He didn't make friends with wealthy people. He wasn't looking in someone else's wallet before getting along with them.
He was continuously making things happen with those he already got along with. He made poor people rich. He wasn't selfish. He didn't "try" to sell anything to anyone, but he offered a lot. When I say "SEO, PPC, CRO, SMM..." he tells me to shut the F*ck up and think about something important.
Feel it?

Putin?

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
I would prefer a mentor that OWNS that building instead of an office dweller that works in it, but that's just me!
Prima donna attitude/10.

It's not about what you prefer. You're never in a position of "I prefer this and that" when it comes to learning, you may never even meet a person that owns a building.
And when you meet one, you may be disappointed.

Meanwhile, a person who works in that building may become a millionaire in *snap* and you'll never see them ever again.

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
Prima donna attitude/10.

It's not about what you prefer. You're never in a position of "I prefer this and that" when it comes to learning, you may never even meet a person that owns a building.
And when you meet one, you may be disappointed.
I do happen to know business owners & building owners. I'm sure you do too. While some may consider it "Prima Donna" ish...I'd still choose to have as a mentor, someone who has already achieved what I'm aspiring to achieve.

We are free to have different preferences, and that's ok.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.