The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Eliminate this one thing for BOUNDLESS ENERGY

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
YOU ONLY HAVE ENERGY UNTIL 2:00!?

If you don't follow this tip....

Your energy levels will get worse.

Have anxiety, sore joints, Random depression!?

THAT WILL GET WORSE TOO.

Do you want consistent energy and focus all day every day for the rest of your life!?

Or do you want half of your days to be as foggy as yellow writing on a white page?

Before I tell you the SECRET....

You need to know about the cycle of SCAMMING that this little devil is getting you in to.

You take it in the morning. It feels like it is giving you free energy. But then you get tired later on because you are only BORROWING energy.

(perhaps you take some more)

Then you wake up in the morning. And you feel like you've been hit by an ICECREAM truck.

Is that how you should normally feel when you wake up?

NO!

That feeling is WITHDRAWL

FROM A DRUG

You take it again to EASE YOUR SYMPTOMS

It feels like it is making you have high energy, think positively, feel good, etc..

But actually it only eases the symptoms that it's VERY OWN SELF creates.

Ok so I know that you know that I know that you know what the secret is.

Quit for 60 days and see for yourself.

THIS CHALLENGE IS HARDER THAN IT MAY SEEM

You may feel empty for 2 weeks or longer or have one or more of the following symptoms.

Depression, headache,Profound fatigue,Irritability,Disorientation, Increased muscle tension,Nausea, Vomitting.

But you will get rid of SIDE EFFECTS Including but not limited to..

"Energy swings or periods of fatigue throughout the day
Mood Swings or periods of depression throughout the day
Headaches
Cramping
Constipation or dependence on caffeine for bowel movement
Tension or stiffness in your neck, shoulders, jaw, hands, legs or stomach
Premenstrual syndrome
Insomnia
Jaw clenching
Anxiety
Irritability
Restless leg syndrome
Irregular heartbeat
Light-headedness/ dizziness
Wake up feeling tired
Generalized pain
High blood pressure
Ulcers
Anemia
Shortness of Breath
Difficulty concentrating and/ or memory loss
Ringing in the ears
Coldness in extremities, especially fingertips
hand tremor" -Stephen Cherniske. M.S.

BUT YOU CAN DO IT.

COMMENT BELOW AND TAKE THE CHALLENGE NOW!

P.S.

Discredit everything I've said, I've been trying to quit for 4 years and have found it's impossible. I have however lowered my caffeine intake down from 800mg per day down to 50mg per day and the benefits and changes in my life have been ASTOUNDING.

P.P.S. Practicing my COPY Please critique :)

P.P.S.S. Go take some action.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Thought I was going to gain some valuable insight, instead I felt like I was reading an infomercial.

However, I did read the entire way through.

My first remark is, Ignorance is Bliss - You know something is bad for you, so don't take it. Caffeine has been know to be negative to ones health, so don't start. You have tendencies to procrastinate? Don't buy that new video game, don't even watch the trailer for it - Ignorance is Bliss

However, you did find this unhelpful drug(because it is technically a drug.) I think it is correct in lowering your dosage rather than quitting cold turkey, but changing your frame of mind will help you greatly.

How did I stop consuming Gluten and Dairy cold turkey, all in the same day? Well I found out that my severe reactions(not Celiacs Disease) was being caused by these two common products. I hated the feeling, to be honest, completely repulsed by what it did to my body. A group of foods I once loved, I now have a strong aversion to due to my perception.

How did I stop eating candy and drinking Soda.... while it was free at my college. Same way as before. Once I determined that the ingredients in the food was what was causing my discomfort I immediately stopped consuming these products.

3 years later, I still don't have a problem with not consuming these products. I actually tried drinking a soda once, and the amount of sugar tasted disgusting.

So my suggestion would be to find your reason for not drinking caffeine

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Thought I was going to gain some valuable insight, instead I felt like I was reading an infomercial.

My first remark is, Ignorance is Bliss - You know something is bad for you, so don't take it. Caffeine has been know to be negative to ones health, so don't start. You have tendencies to procrastinate? Don't buy that new video game, don't even watch the trailer for it - Ignorance is Bliss

However, you did find this unhelpful drug(because it is technically a drug.) I think it is correct in lowering your dosage rather than quitting cold turkey, but changing your frame of mind will help you greatly.

How did I stop consuming Gluten and Dairy cold turkey, all in the same day? Well I found out that my severe reactions(not Celiacs Disease) was being caused by these two common products. I hated the feeling, to be honest, completely repulsed by what it did to my body. A group of foods I once loved, I now have a strong aversion to due to my perception.

How did I stop eating candy and drinking Soda.... while it was free at my college. Same way as before. Once I determined that the ingredients in the food was what was causing my discomfort I immediately stopped consuming these products.

3 years later, I still don't have a problem with not consuming these products. I actually tried drinking a soda once, and the amount of sugar tasted disgusting.

I quit my previous job because it was impossible to get up at 5am. 4pm-12am shifts? F*ck. THAT. I now have a new job that needs me from 7am-3pm. Complete win.

I quit weed because it kills three hours of my life and makes me fat.

I haven't had a drop of alcohol in more than six months. For no headaches, muscle atrophy, and lack of energy, thank you!

Considering everyone does the above, I gain a large advantage in quality of life. I'm never happy that "the week is over". I can't wait for Monday.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014

I went vegan 6 months ago and it wasn't a problem. I quit coke, weed, alcohol, cigarettes and a bunch of other drugs with no problem. I have plenty of reasons to quit caffeine. It's the last thing tethering me from reality and I think that is why I am having such a hard time quitting it.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
I quit my previous job because it was impossible to get up at 5am. 4pm-12am shifts? F*ck. THAT. I now have a new job that needs me from 7am-3pm. Complete win.

I haven't had a drop of alcohol in more than six months. For no headaches, muscle atrophy, and lack of energy, thank you!

Considering everyone does the above, I gain a large advantage in quality of life. I'm never happy that "the week is over". I can't wait for Monday.
Already done all of that. I'm guessing there will never be a point when you can stop making improvements. Even tiny ones.

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
I quit caffeine easily. Too much post-anxiety. No thanks, Jeff.

No-thanks-Jeff-300x300.jpg

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE

that alcohol is kinda hard to not pass on lol. For me its red wine

townhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Feb 21, 2012
London
I don't understand how people compare caffeine to a drug.

Scientifically, it might have some psychoactive effect, but it's comes is such small quantities that I've never noticed any.

Anyone who claims to be "buzzing" after a few coffees, or energy drinks is experiencing a placebo IMO.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ

Scientifically, it might have some psychoactive effect, but it's comes is such small quantities that I've never noticed any.

Anyone who claims to be "buzzing" after a few coffees, or energy drinks is experiencing a placebo IMO.

seasoned coffee drinker here.... i don't get a buzz from sipping on some coffee, but if I chug it I can go sky high.

If I drink Dunkin' Turbo I can damn near go into heart palpitations from chugging it.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
YOU ONLY HAVE ENERGY UNTIL 2:00!?

If you don't follow this tip....

Your energy levels will get worse.

Have anxiety, sore joints, Random depression!?

THAT WILL GET WORSE TOO.

Do you want consistent energy and focus all day every day for the rest of your life!?

Or do you want half of your days to be as foggy as yellow writing on a white page?

Before I tell you the SECRET....

You need to know about the cycle of SCAMMING that this little devil is getting you in to.

You take it in the morning. It feels like it is giving you free energy. But then you get tired later on because you are only BORROWING energy.

(perhaps you take some more)

Then you wake up in the morning. And you feel like you've been hit by an ICECREAM truck.

Is that how you should normally feel when you wake up?

NO!

That feeling is WITHDRAWL

FROM A DRUG

You take it again to EASE YOUR SYMPTOMS

It feels like it is making you have high energy, think positively, feel good, etc..

But actually it only eases the symptoms that it's VERY OWN SELF creates.

Ok so I know that you know that I know that you know what the secret is.

Quit for 60 days and see for yourself.

THIS CHALLENGE IS HARDER THAN IT MAY SEEM

You may feel empty for 2 weeks or longer or have one or more of the following symptoms.

Depression, headache,Profound fatigue,Irritability,Disorientation, Increased muscle tension,Nausea, Vomitting.

But you will get rid of SIDE EFFECTS Including but not limited to..

"Energy swings or periods of fatigue throughout the day
Mood Swings or periods of depression throughout the day
Headaches
Cramping
Constipation or dependence on caffeine for bowel movement
Tension or stiffness in your neck, shoulders, jaw, hands, legs or stomach
Premenstrual syndrome
Insomnia
Jaw clenching
Anxiety
Irritability
Restless leg syndrome
Irregular heartbeat
Light-headedness/ dizziness
Wake up feeling tired
Generalized pain
High blood pressure
Ulcers
Anemia
Shortness of Breath
Difficulty concentrating and/ or memory loss
Ringing in the ears
Coldness in extremities, especially fingertips
hand tremor" -Stephen Cherniske. M.S.

BUT YOU CAN DO IT.

COMMENT BELOW AND TAKE THE CHALLENGE NOW!

P.S.

Discredit everything I've said, I've been trying to quit for 4 years and have found it's impossible. I have however lowered my caffeine intake down from 800mg per day down to 50mg per day and the benefits and changes in my life have been ASTOUNDING.

P.P.S. Practicing my COPY Please critique :)

P.P.S.S. Go take some action.
As you're practising your copywriting I'll add some thoughts:

1) When everything is bold, nothing stands out. You can't then emphasise anything. Try some constraints of not being allowed to use bold, italics, or underlines.

2) You've then had to use red and yellow to make some paragraphs stand out even more. Again, try writing first in just black and white.

(Notice also how hard it is to read yellow writing on a white background.)

3) 80% is the headline. Your headline confused me. I think you meant to ask a question that I'd say "Yes!" to.

"You only have energy until 2:00!?"

^^^ this read more like a statement.

You could have written:

"Do you only have energy until 2:00!?"

^^^ this at least looks like a question from the first word in the sentence.

I was immediately confused because I didn't know whether it was a question or not.

I was also confused by whether you meant 2:00pm or 2:00am.

Yeah, I run out of energy by 2:00am. I figure that's normal, so I figure you meant 2:00pm.

However, you've made me think twice in the first sentence, so that's where you lost me.

Consider that the purpose of every sentence is to get someone to read the next sentence.

You have to get the reader engaged immediately, and then you've got to keep them moving through your copy at a nice clip.

Anything that makes the reader stop to think gets them out of this rhythm.

I don't class myself as a bona-fide copywriter, but I do a decent job of selling in print.

Search for a thread I created called "Simple explanations".

(^^^ That was my call-to-action btw.)

EDIT: You also lost me when I saw the word "secret" somewhere in the copy, but then I might not be your target market.

FiftySeven

Sex. Power. World Domination.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
479%
Jan 18, 2015
LandoftheBlind where one-laser-eyed man is King
A Student has been tutored by a world-renowned Teacher.

Cost = $0.

Benefits = infinite: we all learn.

Only on this forum.

Thanks, Andy. ;)

'57

Last edited:

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
As you're practising your copywriting I'll add some thoughts:

1) When everything is bold, nothing stands out. You can't then emphasise anything. Try some constraints of not being allowed to use bold, italics, or underlines.

2) You've then had to use red and yellow to make some paragraphs stand out even more. Again, try writing first in just black and white.

(Notice also how hard it is to read yellow writing on a white background.)

3) 80% is the headline. Your headline confused me. I think you meant to ask a question that I'd say "Yes!" to.

"You only have energy until 2:00!?"

^^^ this read more like a statement.

You could have written:

"Do you only have energy until 2:00!?"

^^^ this at least looks like a question from the first word in the sentence.

I was immediately confused because I didn't know whether it was a question or not.

I was also confused by whether you meant 2:00pm or 2:00am.

Yeah, I run out of energy by 2:00am. I figure that's normal, so I figure you meant 2:00pm.

However, you've made me think twice in the first sentence, so that's where you lost me.

Consider that the purpose of every sentence is to get someone to read the next sentence.

You have to get the reader engaged immediately, and then you've got to keep them moving through your copy at a nice clip.

Anything that makes the reader stop to think gets them out of this rhythm.

I don't class myself as a bona-fide copywriter, but I do a decent job of selling in print.

Search for a thread I created called "Simple explanations".

(^^^ That was my call-to-action btw.)

EDIT: You also lost me when I saw the word "secret" somewhere in the copy, but then I might not be your target market.
Thanks for all of the tips. I will use them and Take action :D

You said the word secret lost you? I thought that was a good word to use?

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014

I guess that depends on your awareness and or sensitivity to it/ how long you've been taking it. Also the amount you take and weather or not you are taking other things like alcohol or other drugs which would make caffeine feel like nothing. Thoughts?

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
seasoned coffee drinker here.... i don't get a buzz from sipping on some coffee, but if I chug it I can go sky high.

If I drink Dunkin' Turbo I can damn near go into heart palpitations from chugging it.
I drank one of those giants BFC monsters in 2009 ish while I was working at a call center doing sales. I was JACKED and made amazing sales for a couple of hours then I was nearly passed out at my desk when it wore off lol

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks for all of the tips. I will use them and Take action :D

You said the word secret lost you? I thought that was a good word to use?
You're welcome.

I don't believe secrets stop me from getting the results I want. I believe the only thing stopping me is me.

I also don't believe "secrets" appeal to the likes of MJ, Vigilante, AllenCrawley, IceCreamKid, biophase, Kak, etc.

If it doesn't appeal to producers, then who does it appeal to?

Consumers maybe? (Of course we're all consumers as well, but you get my point.)

That's why I said I might not be your market.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
You're welcome.

I don't believe it's secrets stopping me from getting the results I want. I believe it's in my power to make the change.

I also don't believe "secrets" appeal to the likes of MJ, Vigilante, AllenCrawley, IceCreamKid, biophase, Kak, etc.

If it doesn't appeal to producers, then who does it appeal to?

Consumers maybe? (Of course we're all consumers as well, but you get my point.)

That's why I said I might not be your market.
Is appealing to producers in your niche important? That way they will spread the word and you will reach more people and have social proof?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Is appealing to producers in your niche important? That way they will spread the word and you will reach more people and have social proof?
I'm sure. Just don't over-think it.

My point really was that good copy doesn't look like copy.

TheGrind

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 20, 2016
Headline got me to click, so it wasn't horrible.

The paragraphs were way too short. I do believe in keeping them short, but one sentence per paragraph is pushing it.

I'd start with a story of how you struggled with it and you found a secret then talk about what you were able to achieve with your extra energy. Make sure to emphasize that your secret is new. As Don Draper said, “This old pro, a copywriter, a Greek named Teddy, told me the most important thing in advertising is ‘new’. It creates an itch. You simply put your product in there as a kind of calamine lotion.”

Storytelling is crucial in writing copy so definitely focus on that.

Your target market is someone who finds themselves running on E constantly. Agitate that problem, make them feel like achieving anything is impossible without fixing this problem. Then, when they're in complete distress about it begin working your product into the copy and position it as the answer they're looking for. Your product should be a godsend to them, it should be a no-brainer that they purchase right there and then. Make sure they don't delay buying. Procrastination is the death of the sale. Give them a reason to buy.

This agitate and heal formula is one I incorporate into almost all of the copy I write for clients and myself.

Lastly, I'm going to give you the best copywriting advice you'll ever hear. If you don't grab and hold their attention throughout all of your copy, there will never be a sale. Not in a million years.

And in a world full of distractions, this is much harder said than done. So write your headline to be magnetic (if you study Ogilvy, you'll know how important headlines are) and go from there. Write each sentence in a way that makes them want to read the next. End sentences on cliffhangers. Do whatever to keep that attention and keep them from playing Candy Crush or checking their emails.

Once you're done, read your copy aloud. Seriously it'll help.

Take all of this stuff to heart and practice it and your copy will improve exponentially.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
Headline got me to click, so it wasn't horrible.

The paragraphs were way too short. I do believe in keeping them short, but one sentence per paragraph is pushing it.

I'd start with a story of how you struggled with it and you found a secret then talk about what you were able to achieve with your extra energy. Make sure to emphasize that your secret is new. As Don Draper said, “This old pro, a copywriter, a Greek named Teddy, told me the most important thing in advertising is ‘new’. It creates an itch. You simply put your product in there as a kind of calamine lotion.”

Storytelling is crucial in writing copy so definitely focus on that.

Your target market is someone who finds themselves running on E constantly. Agitate that problem, make them feel like achieving anything is impossible without fixing this problem. Then, when they're in complete distress about it begin working your product into the copy and position it as the answer they're looking for. Your product should be a godsend to them, it should be a no-brainer that they purchase right there and then. Make sure they don't delay buying. Procrastination is the death of the sale. Give them a reason to buy.

This agitate and heal formula is one I incorporate into almost all of the copy I write for clients and myself.

Lastly, I'm going to give you the best copywriting advice you'll ever hear. If you don't grab and hold their attention throughout all of your copy, there will never be a sale. Not in a million years.

And in a world full of distractions, this is much harder said than done. So write your headline to be magnetic (if you study Ogilvy, you'll know how important headlines are) and go from there. Write each sentence in a way that makes them want to read the next. End sentences on cliffhangers. Do whatever to keep that attention and keep them from playing Candy Crush or checking their emails.

Once you're done, read your copy aloud. Seriously it'll help.

Take all of this stuff to heart and practice it and your copy will improve exponentially.
Thank you that was GOLD I'll keep practicing. This is harder than I expected. I get the basic concepts but implementing them is a whole different ball game.

DannyGold11

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jun 20, 2016
U.K.

No...

1. You choose to kill three hours after smoking weed
2. Your own laziness gets you fat.
Cannabis has actually been found to be beneficial for metabolism and weight control, so next time you smoke, try hitting the gym or doing something active.

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
Use your own story in copy. It's the most powerful tool you have.

"You drudge through the work day, looking up at the clock every two minutes, to see it's only 2 P.M. Just like every other day, you ran out of energy. You're done for the day and begin thinking of ways to waste the next three hours before you can leave. Sound like you?

I was just like you a few weeks ago. Then I made one simple change in my life and suddenly I'm powering through work, shocked at all my co-workers are getting up to leave before I realize it's already past clock-out time. My bosses are noticing and I've started to see rewards pushed my way for the extra effort! All thanks to this one simple trick.

Want to know what it is? Simply enter your email address below and I'll send it to you. After all, we want to keep it secret, right?"

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.