The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Need help with starting a activewear clothing line

canadiangal

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2011
Hello,

I am interested in starting a activewear clothing line.
i tried ordering some sample from China but quality was really bad. The fabrics were light and the sizing was completely off.
I've decided to start my own but do not know where to start.
I've got some designs sketched out already and need help from you guys out there if someone is willing to share some knowledge.
I need to know how fabrics are sourced as some of the prints are my own.
Also, and most importantly, now that I've got my designs, I am not sure where to get a reliable manufacturer for a good price.
I need the clothing line to be of Nike or Lululemon quality or slightly less. I am sure it is feasible for a good price.
My line will include gym clothes and training belts.
Does anyone know of any manufacturer that would be good? Is it better to start with off the shelf stuff bought from some wholesaler or do my own.
Are clothing made in North America better than the ones made offshore?
I've contacted 2 manufacturer from Alibaba and they require that you order at least 500 items per size, per style. That's crazy!
I can't really sleep anymore and need help from maybe someone who has been there or someone who knows the route to take.
I do not have tones of money as I haven't worked in a while (oil price gone down). I have about 7000$ to start. Is this even feasible?
I am putting as much info there for you guys so you know exactly where I am at and hopefully you can point me to right direction.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TJPB

Defy Ordinary
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 9, 2012
Colorado
Hello,

i tried ordering some sample from China but quality was really bad. The fabrics were light and the sizing was completely off.
I've got some designs sketched out already and need help from you guys out there if someone is willing to share some knowledge.
Also, and most importantly, now that I've got my designs, I am not sure where to get a reliable manufacturer for a good price.
I need the clothing line to be of Nike or Lululemon quality or slightly less. I am sure it is feasible for a good price.
Does anyone know of any manufacturer that would be good? Is it better to start with off the shelf stuff bought from some wholesaler or do my own.
I've contacted 2 manufacturer from Alibaba and they require that you order at least 500 items per size, per style. That's crazy!
I can't really sleep anymore and need help from maybe someone who has been there or someone who knows the route to take.
I do not have tones of money as I haven't worked in a while (oil price gone down). I have about 7000$ to start. Is this even feasible?
I am putting as much info there for you guys so you know exactly where I am at and hopefully you can point me to right direction.

Any updates @canadiangal ?

fhs8

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
114%
Jan 22, 2016
I think that the clothing would have to be special in some way and stand out otherwise nobody is going to buy it at the prices you'll be selling it at. $7,000 is enough if you do it yourself but I don't think it's enough to get manufacturers to do it. They have minimum orders and don't want to waste time on small custom orders.

Guatavo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jan 19, 2016
Hello,

Hi, I would recommend you to go with Activewear Manufacturer. Doing business with them for years.. So happy they just launched their website now - Wholesale Activewear - Bulk Athleticwear Supplier Australia, USA, Canada
a must recommendation from my end.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.