The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Instagram Marketing ($100K+ profit, 4M followers)

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Carlitos

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 13, 2016
New York City
Hey guys, I finally posted my thread about my journey toward building an authority website, and focusing on building my Instagram account to drive traffic from IG to my website. Feel free to check it out, and I look forward for any input or advice!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Carlitos

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 13, 2016
New York City
1. Definitely make a video on how you post your photos! Right now I have it all automated through FollowLiker.

2. Just went through some posts and and upped my like limit from 650-850 to 850-1050.

Here's a picture of my growth these past couple of days using the like method. Is this considered good for an account under 1,000 followers?

2016-10-18_2205.png
To be in the 550-600 followers stage this does seem like a very slow growing rate. I am comparing to my growth using Instagress alone, and my strategy is just liking and comments. I have under 70 posts, so I don't post a lot, but I do stay interacting with my followers, commenting other pics and liking other pics in my niche.

kytro360

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Sep 28, 2016
To be in the 550-600 followers stage this does seem like a very slow growing rate. I am comparing to my growth using Instagress alone, and my strategy is just liking and comments. I have under 70 posts, so I don't post a lot, but I do stay interacting with my followers, commenting other pics and liking other pics in my niche.

I started off with the follow/unfollow strategy that got me pretty fast growth to the 500s but I didn't like the spammy look it gave my account.

I've just been doing the liking method for the last two or three weeks but haven't been growing as fast as I thought it'd be.

Carlitos

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 13, 2016
New York City
I started off with the follow/unfollow strategy that got me pretty fast growth to the 500s but I didn't like the spammy look it gave my account.

I've just been doing the liking method for the last two or three weeks but haven't been growing as fast as I thought it'd be.
That's exactly why I didn't go that route, it seemed unprofessional and spammy to me.

What was the length that it took for that fast growth or to reach 500? It took me a month to reach 500 with just liking and commenting.

kytro360

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Sep 28, 2016
That's exactly why I didn't go that route, it seemed unprofessional and spammy to me.

What was the length that it took for that fast growth or to reach 500? It took me a month to reach 500 with just liking and commenting.

550 with the follow/unfollow I think a good month. And 625 (where I'm at now) it's taken another 3 weeks after that. So 3 weeks to grow about 75 new followers.

the great one

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 5, 2016

The rate of growth can be depressing when you start, but think of it like a snowball going down a hill, gaining momentum as it grows in size.

I have one account that is up to 16k followers and I'm averaging 150+ followers per day.

My best three day streak to date was 1182 followers (+393, +437, +352). Stick with it. Test your methods. Refine as necessary. Keep doing what works.

Carlitos

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 13, 2016
New York City
The rate of growth can be depressing when you start, but think of it like a snowball going down a hill, gaining momentum as it grows in size.

I have one account that is up to 16k followers and I'm averaging 150+ followers per day.

My best three day streak to date was 1182 followers (+393, +437, +352). Stick with it. Test your methods. Refine as necessary. Keep doing what works.
How long did it take you to reach 16K?

the great one

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 5, 2016
What bots did you use?

I'm currently using Instagress but I recently purchased FollowLiker. I haven't been patient enough to set up FL yet though.

Another one that was very user friendly was Boostgram but I couldn't justify the price. Most bots offer free trials, so I'd suggest trying as many of them as you need until you come across one that you really like.

ehraz

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 20, 2016
So i have been following this thread for some time now and have been able to setup a few accounts will 500+ followers on each with all the information provided (thanks guys :)) One account hit 2k a few weeks ago, another one is almost at 2k.
It was a slow process, took about 2 months. I was not expecting this to be a fast journey from all the info i read so im pretty satisfied with the pace. Faster would be better obviously.

Now everything was going great but until last week. I noticed that my accounts slowed down drastically and i even started losing followers.

Here is some info on the accounts. The bot i use us FollowLiker

The niches are pretty broad so i am able to scrape followers from many larger IG accounts.
Likes per day are max 1200 - 1500 per day
I post 3 - 4 types per day
I started off with follow/unfollow method but i stopped since it looks spammy

Should i completely change the accounts i scrape users from? Am i posting too much?
Im not really sure what im doing wrong. Do you guys have some feed back?
Can give you more info about the accounts.

Thanks,

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
So i have been following this thread for some time now and have been able to setup a few accounts will 500+ followers on each with all the information provided (thanks guys :)) One account hit 2k a few weeks ago, another one is almost at 2k.
It was a slow process, took about 2 months. I was not expecting this to be a fast journey from all the info i read so im pretty satisfied with the pace. Faster would be better obviously.

Now everything was going great but until last week. I noticed that my accounts slowed down drastically and i even started losing followers.

Here is some info on the accounts. The bot i use us FollowLiker

The niches are pretty broad so i am able to scrape followers from many larger IG accounts.
Likes per day are max 1200 - 1500 per day
I post 3 - 4 types per day
I started off with follow/unfollow method but i stopped since it looks spammy

Should i completely change the accounts i scrape users from? Am i posting too much?
Im not really sure what im doing wrong. Do you guys have some feed back?
Can give you more info about the accounts.

Thanks,

You Followed/Unfollowed people. That is the reason you are loosing followers. People take notice when you do that. It is one of the best ways to loose followers.

What I suggest is you keep posting quality content and stick with the liking regiment. Once you unfollow everyone you want to, you will see that you will loose less and less followers(after the last day you unfollow.)

I don't know your account, but 4 photos a day seems a bit excessive, UNLESS your followers are responding to all your content. I only post once a day to be honest... sometimes less than that.

ehraz

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 20, 2016
You Followed/Unfollowed people. That is the reason you are loosing followers. People take notice when you do that. It is one of the best ways to loose followers.

What I suggest is you keep posting quality content and stick with the liking regiment. Once you unfollow everyone you want to, you will see that you will loose less and less followers(after the last day you unfollow.)

I don't know your account, but 4 photos a day seems a bit excessive, UNLESS your followers are responding to all your content. I only post once a day to be honest... sometimes less than that.

I completely agree with you, i do regret starting of with this method since some of the comments in the beginning seemed a little scammy. It was a faster way to get followers but i don't think those are the type of followers i need for what i am trying to do. I have stopped using the follow/unfollow method for a a few weeks now and im hoping my numbers will start to increase.

I usually get reasonable feedback 50+ likes and some comments. I think i might cut down posting to once or twice a day.
Also, when i post i try to use up to 30 hastags (IG max per pic) and something like "Tag a friend" to increase engagement.

My main goal is to grow these accounts then start advertising products from my online stores.

I do have a few more questions...

How often do you change the accounts you scrape users from?
I have about 70 accounts im scarping users from. Each account has over 100k followers

Whats your strategy for scraping photos in your niche?
I have about 21 query all set to Relevant. Is that too many? Do i want to keep this setting as basic as possible?

Thanks for your helps & feedback

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Also, when i post i try to use up to 30 hastags (IG max per pic) and something like "Tag a friend" to increase engagement.

This will probably decrease engagement rather than increase tbh. 30 hashtags per post is screaming spam. Make your posts look nice to look at.

What emotional reaction do you get when you see someone who has a ton of hashtags? I know I immediately have a more negative reaction. Use 1-3 really targeted hashtags. It looks for professional.

Plus, hashtags are meant for people trying to gain followers, a way to get their posts in front of people. We already have our method of putting our entire page in front of someone(liking photos and being in people notifications.)

How often do you change the accounts you scrape users from?
I have about 70 accounts im scarping users from. Each account has over 100k followers

You change accounts whenever you need to. If your FL is not slowing down then you don't need to change anything.

Whats your strategy for scraping photos in your niche?
I have about 21 query all set to Relevant. Is that too many? Do i want to keep this setting as basic as possible?

Not entirely sure of your questions. Do you mean what type of photos I post? Answer: Relevant content from people I follow.

If you mean a query for your FollowLiker to like, then you should watch my Youtube video in the bottom of my Signature. I have a specific set up that I use, that I explain.

letter9

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Oct 31, 2015
Guys, i am new to instagram. I have account for travel site, but it's not very active.
I find the good person to outsource to.

Can i gave poster role to another person without giving account log in details?
Similar like you can do for facebook page.

Cosepreziose

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Dec 12, 2015
Guys, i am new to instagram. I have account for travel site, but it's not very active.
I find the good person to outsource to.

Can i gave poster role to another person without giving account log in details?
Similar like you can do for facebook page.
I don't think you can

Cory Spanko

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 26, 2016
I have also seen a huge drop in the number of followliker actions being executed in Instagram, and it just started this week. There must be a new IG algorithm in place that's limiting the number of actions that can be executed. After a year of liking hundreds of posts per day on each of my 50-plus ig accounts, this week I am luck to see 50 likes a day per account! Anyone else?

BlokeInProgress

Business Building Warrior
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
Hi guys, I setup an account IG account and had been reading through a lot of threads about IG in the forum.

So far our account (niche related) has 13 posts, 129 followers and 184 following has been around for 4 days now.

Been posting pics related to our niche and using less than 10 hashtags. During the first 2 days, we've used the manual method of Searching #{niche related keywords} and then following people. I'm not sure if they follow back as a courtesy or what but that gained us traction. Now, we're testing the liking strategy, we've been liking photos only, from big account followers (about 20-40 photos a day or every chance we have) and we're seeing an average of 5-10 followers a day. The number of likes we have depends on the image we post but range is between 10-200. I'm looking at using Instagress for a week starting on Sunday or Monday and we're quite excited about the results.

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread, its really helping a lot!

BlokeInProgress

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
So here's an update on what I got, results from the recommended settings and niche I am in:

Here's the setup before running Instagress:

14 Posts (niche related)
132 followers
189 following

Instagress settings:
Activity - Like only

Targeting:
Followers - All (I selected 20 users that has more than 10k followers)

Speed:
Activity Speed - Slow
Likes per hour - 20

No. of hours running - 12hrs

RESULTS:
14 Posts (niche related)
160 followers
189 following

28 additional followers in 12hours. :woot: :rockon: Really happy with the results. Moving forward I'll test adding more Users (i'll try 40users on my next run).

EDIT: Trying 40 users instead

Last edited:

BlokeInProgress

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
So, I just wanted to provide an update:

Basically, I have consumed 2 days of the FREE 3DAY trial of instagress and here are my stats:

Before Instagress:
13 posts, 129 followers and 184 following has been around for 4 days now

After 2 days of Instagress:
19 posts, 191 followers and 191 following

Thats a gain of 62 new followers with settings set to SLOW. Some of the things I noticed is that Sundays (EST) we only had 10 followers added so I think its slow on Sundays even with a post that we expect to have high likes. On average we are getting 40-50 likes per image we post.
Changing Target FOLLOWERS in instagress also helps when I notice low likes from the initial set, still I wanted to test more so we can have more solid data.

I'll keep on testing guys and report what I noticed.

Cosepreziose

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Dec 12, 2015
So, I just wanted to provide an update:

Basically, I have consumed 2 days of the FREE 3DAY trial of instagress and here are my stats:

Before Instagress:
13 posts, 129 followers and 184 following has been around for 4 days now

After 2 days of Instagress:
19 posts, 191 followers and 191 following

Thats a gain of 62 new followers with settings set to SLOW. Some of the things I noticed is that Sundays (EST) we only had 10 followers added so I think its slow on Sundays even with a post that we expect to have high likes. On average we are getting 40-50 likes per image we post.
Changing Target FOLLOWERS in instagress also helps when I notice low likes from the initial set, still I wanted to test more so we can have more solid data.

I'll keep on testing guys and report what I noticed.

How old is your account? Is it a very narrow niche?

It feels like you should have gotten more followers after 3 days (I tried it for 3 days being in a medium niche, got 4-5 hundreds new followers)

BlokeInProgress

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
How old is your account? Is it a very narrow niche?

It feels like you should have gotten more followers after 3 days (I tried it for 3 days being in a medium niche, got 4-5 hundreds new followers)

Hi there @Cosepreziose, my account is just almost a week old. Not that narrow niche, if I look at some of the hashtags when searching, there are millions of posts. What settings do you have in instagress? I'm using SLOW settings for now with Targeting Followers (20-30 users only) plus Likes only and my Target Followers has minimum of 10k followers. Would you care to shed some light?

Cosepreziose

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Dec 12, 2015
Hi there @Cosepreziose, my account is just almost a week old. Not that narrow niche, if I look at some of the hashtags when searching, there are millions of posts. What settings do you have in instagress? I'm using SLOW settings for now with Targeting Followers (20-30 users only) plus Likes only and my Target Followers has minimum of 10k followers. Would you care to shed some light?
Hi Linor :)
Well my account was 3 weeks older, I used the 3 days free trial then purchased some more days til I could put more money on my card and buy followliker:D

I went on slow too, but customized the number of likes up to 50-60 per hour (can't remember exactly)
I think one can make better use of these tools after the account has aged, better to go manually in the beginning.
don't you have followers with more followers than that?

BlokeInProgress

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
I went on slow too, but customized the number of likes up to 50-60 per hour (can't remember exactly)
Yeah I'm going slow for the meantime just to be sure everything is safe. :D I'm now trying around 40 likes per hour with 40 users.
Thanks for your suggestion...trying them now.

dan easton

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Aug 3, 2016
I have also seen a huge drop in the number of followliker actions being executed in Instagram, and it just started this week. There must be a new IG algorithm in place that's limiting the number of actions that can be executed. After a year of liking hundreds of posts per day on each of my 50-plus ig accounts, this week I am luck to see 50 likes a day per account! Anyone else?

Yeah I've set-up some new Instagram accounts (6 month old accounts) on followliker this week and they are getting blocked really aggressively by Instagram. Really frustrating as I'm spending most of the day just trying to bring accounts back online haha My older accounts are all performing well.

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Yeah I've set-up some new Instagram accounts (6 month old accounts) on followliker this week and they are getting blocked really aggressively by Instagram. Really frustrating as I'm spending most of the day just trying to bring accounts back online haha My older accounts are all performing well.

Maybe your settings where getting you banned rather than Instagram changing things. What where your general settings?

My accounts have not seen any change at all, and I've liking 1,500 photos per day on each account.

dan easton

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
Aug 3, 2016
Maybe your settings where getting you banned rather than Instagram changing things. What where your general settings?

My accounts have not seen any change at all, and I've liking 1,500 photos per day on each account.

Yeah it's a good point maybe I got a bit aggressive with newer accounts - doing around 50 DMs a day with no prior activity so probably being flagged as spam. You got any thoughts on DM limits?

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
Yeah it's a good point maybe I got a bit aggressive with newer accounts - doing around 50 DMs a day with no prior activity so probably being flagged as spam. You got any thoughts on DM limits?

Almost positive this is the reason. No to many people like automated DMs. Instagram dislikes it even more. I would probably say you are more likely to be banned from automated DMs then from the Follow/Unfollow method. It is a bit difficult to report someone for unfollowing, it is quite easy to report someone who sends you an automated message.

BlokeInProgress

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 6, 2014
Australia
So just an update guys. My 3 day trial of instagress was completely consumed last Thursday and so far we gained about 100+ followers and now average 50-60 likes per post (previously 40-50 ave). So I decided to get more time. :)

Initially, we observed that on weekend, there is a reduction of activity towards other user, meaning likes, follows, DM's and more on activity on the one's account.

More testings to follow guys! :D

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.