The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Started affiliate marketing last month only made $60

Marketing, social media, advertising
D

DeletedUser105

i just started affiliate marketing last month and because of my lack of money have only been able to get free traffic off of YouTube, in one month I managed to get 4,000+ views and only some people followed my affiliate link which only brought me in $60, is this good for someone who just started and only has free traffic or should I do something different?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest34764

You should advertise with money.Spend it on facebook ads and market it through other social media.

Go start hustling.

Mr.Chaos

Wolves love Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Mar 16, 2016
Atlanta
i just started affiliate marketing last month and because of my lack of money have only been able to get free traffic off of YouTube, in one month I managed to get 4,000+ views and only some people followed my affiliate link which only brought me in $60, is this good for someone who just started and only has free traffic or should I do something different?

Let's see 60$ more than what you had last month....of course reinvest keep grinding. -DG

Chef

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 9, 2016
Of course it's good! There's people who have spended two months, three months - half a year even, and made the same as you maybe even less or just ultimately went into a big nasty minus.

Keep doing what you're doing. Branch out, don't give up at them hard times and you'll eventually make it. Optimise your time well, the more time you will spend, the bigger the result you're going to gaze at in the end with a smile.

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
Are you learning from the best ?
Are you putting atleast $10 a day in ?
Are you getting top line revenue ?

Otherwise you are doomed.

PS: My friend told me this, i am not an affiliate marketer. Its a game of small profits, huge scale and proper accounts, you simply cannot grow fast enough unless you either pay for traffic or hit a huge following in your blog/forum (Which can take a few years)

Bananas

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Sep 1, 2014
Texas

Was this on just one video? If yes, you did good. 1 video equaling $60/month, repeat the process, improve as you go, end up with 10 videos producing an average of $50 each month and then come back, channel your $500 into ads, watch it grow.

If it's 100 videos for $60, not so good.

PurpleMonkey

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Aug 17, 2016
As previously mentioned, this seems like a decent start in affiliate marketing. I'm not expert but follow a few forums and most that use free traffic sources don't start earning straight away, I believe it normally takes months.

I have not fully considered the video approach to generating traffic. A go to way is to build a website and work on SEO. I hadn't considered or heard of people creating videos and targeting traffic from those searching on YouTube.

I appreciate you'll want to be vague but what did your video contain?

Marquin Brewer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Oct 18, 2016
I know this post is a little old now but that's ok. That sounds like a good start and should definitely build upon it. If you don't want to make videos yourself you can use YouTube's creative commons video section. The videos are free common work which anyone can use just do some minor editing and you have a new video for use can save you some time. Good start.

Perrots

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Oct 20, 2016
Canada
You have to understand you wont be making 1k + a month only after one month, 60$ after one month is pretty good, you need to be consistent and keep working, or else youll never be successful at anything. Fail, Learn from it, Grow, Dont make the same mistake. All the money you make now you should be reinvesting in your business to allow it to grow. Good Luck :)!

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Yeah, remember in the TMF , MJ talks about getting rich is actually about the process and the small tasks you need to finish on the way. If you try to derive a goal off of the 60 dollars, for example, you can try to double the income per month. Try to think of ways you can double it, using ads, hustling and reaching out to the field you're affiliating with, guest bloggers, etc. The end of the year you would be making over 100k per month. Even if you do fall short, you'll be on the FastLane regardless.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Had to double check my math, threw it on the spreadsheet. Yup, 122,000 per month if you can achieve doubling your sales per month. Threw in # of consumers for a good measure in the first few months it looks much more feasible.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    8.6 KB · Views: 17

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Had to double check my math, threw it on the spreadsheet. Yup, 122,000 per month if you can achieve doubling your sales per month. Threw in # of consumers for a good measure in the first few months it looks much more feasible.
He'll be on the Forbes list in a few years at that rate! :pompus::D

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
He'll be on the Forbes list in a few years at that rate! :pompus::D
Just an example, but you gotta focus on the small goals. Simply put if you shoot for doubling per month, and you fall short regardless of falling short you'll still grow.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.