The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

China + Asia in October? Canton Fair + Travel.

Fatrys

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Jul 5, 2016
Paris, France
Hi guys,

I'm currently in Daegu, South Korea as an exchange student so it is a great opportunity to meet some of you all around Asia :)

However, I'm kind of a fastlane beginner. That means I do not own any business now nor had any "real" action taken. Hence if we meet up, I may not be able to bring you so muche value as you can for me!
Does this pose any problem?

Robin.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MacApple

I have my directional on and I’m switching lanes!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Nov 13, 2015
West LA
I'm looking into making the trip, leaving LA on the 10/23 and returning after 11/4 or running around South East Asia for another week or two. I would love to meet up with some FL and split some travel costs hotels/AirBnB's etc.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Booked a flight to China. I'll be there Oct 15-28th (and unfortunately missing the Vigilante meetup). Here's my itinerary. If you want to meet, send me a message. I'm also in to split an Airbnb in Guangzhou for the fair.

Oct. 15-20th (Guangzhou)
  • Canton Fair (finding new products; meeting with suppliers)
  • A couple factory visits (inspection + new deals)

Oct 20-22nd (Hong Kong)
  • Exploring

Oct 22-24th (Shanghai)

• Exploring

Oct 24-28th (Beijing)
  • Meeting with a high caliber, Ivy League grads, currently making moves in BJ
  • Building out network with future Chinese leaders
  • Seeing if BJ would be a good fit to live in for 6 months next year

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
** And let's get a wechat group going for Canton Fair. Get a Wechat account (if you don't have one already), and message me your username. I'll make a group so that we can meet-up/help each other out when out there. **

- Facebook's blocked in China, so I'm thinking Wechat would make the most sense.​

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I might actually be in on this depending if I need to be in Shanghai next month. I would fly down and spend some time in HK again.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Since I got no confirmations, I booked a supplier dinner for that night. If anyone does end up in HK 10/14-10/15 let me know.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Im looking at flights. If i can be in shanghai for 2-3 days and then in HK for 2-3 days then straight back to Houston I would be a happy camper.

Anyone know of the best travel site to put together multi leg flight chains?

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
Im looking at flights. If i can be in shanghai for 2-3 days and then in HK for 2-3 days then straight back to Houston I would be a happy camper.

https://www.google.com/flights/ is great because you can see all the best prices right away.

http://www.momondo.com/ is awesome if you're looking for a deal.

Inter-China travel is cheaper if you book your ticket on certain Chinese sites (I don't know which ones, they're all in Chinese). I'm having a friend do it on my behalf. But overall the price difference is not drastic.

Hong King Kong

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Sep 29, 2012
Everywhere
I'll be around HK and SZ the time you guys are here.

Can't tell for certain if I'll be free cuz I'm taking care of something and my schedule is so random.

But PM if you'd wanna meet lets talk on wechat and try to work something out. Would definitely like to meet other fastlaners.

exclusives88

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
166%
May 28, 2014
What can I expect from the Phase 3 - specifically the textile,clothing section?

As I am currently trying to expand my products under my brand, I'm thinking of going again.

Last year I went to Phase 2 and quite honestly, I did not find it to be super useful. A lot of the products in each booth looked the same much similar to the same pictures I find on Alibaba. I was looking for a specific toy and they only had one booth that sold it during that time which wasn't that great of a quality.... It was a good experience nonetheless outside of the canton fair (such as meeting with current suppliers).

Maybe the textile/clothing section will be different. Let's say I wanted to find some polyester booty shorts or a nice silky crop top for women. Will I find something exactly like this?

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Looking like the 17th or 18th for me. Will be in Shenzhen and inspecting products until my eyes bleed but maybe I can pop down.

MacApple

I have my directional on and I’m switching lanes!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Nov 13, 2015
West LA
What can I expect from the Phase 3 - specifically the textile,clothing section?

As I am currently trying to expand my products under my brand, I'm thinking of going again.

Last year I went to Phase 2 and quite honestly, I did not find it to be super useful. A lot of the products in each booth looked the same much similar to the same pictures I find on Alibaba. I was looking for a specific toy and they only had one booth that sold it during that time which wasn't that great of a quality.... It was a good experience nonetheless outside of the canton fair (such as meeting with current suppliers).

Maybe the textile/clothing section will be different. Let's say I wanted to find some polyester booty shorts or a nice silky crop top for women. Will I find something exactly like this?

This is why I'm looking to go too - I am expecting there to be a number of pre-made articles but I am hoping to find certain higher-quality materials to create my own designs.

The Racing Driver

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Apr 20, 2015
UK
Since I got no confirmations, I booked a supplier dinner for that night. If anyone does end up in HK 10/14-10/15 let me know.

Based here in Hong Kong, so will be here during the month of October. Stoked to know you and other Fastlaners are coming by! Let me know how we could meet up when you're around.

wil

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Jul 1, 2011
@Vigilante Would love to meet up and chat if you have any time during your stay here.

I too am based in Hong Kong, so if anyone here swinging by and need recommendations on things to do and eat, or any general tips feel free to PM me

Phones

Break your boundaries
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Aug 13, 2011
Praia da Areia Branca, Portugal
Just got my tickets, 21 to 30 in Guangzhou, free schedule

@hughjasle will you be around?

The Irish Guy

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
251%
Aug 1, 2015

Probably a bit late now but I find skyscanner.com the best and has great options for multi trip flight packages

I'm going to be in Hong Kong on the 29th and 30th and then the canton fair on the 1st and 2nd if anyone is around.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
I'll be in the Futian area of Shenzhen on the night of the 24th if anyone is around and wants to meetup.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Just got into my Air BNB in Guangzhou. So who's actually here at Canton? Post up. If some of you showed up, I'll find a place for an impromptu meetup.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.