The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Whats in your Toolbox?

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Hey all,

I was digging around I wasn't able to find a good thread that shares everyone's web tools and apps and what they use to be productive.

So I'll start

For project management and planning I use Trello and Basecamp, both are fantastic. I use Trello on a personal level and Then i have a team or a group of people trying to do something I just find basecamp much more convenient to use.

For scheduling, I use Google calendar.

When it comes to writing, I use good old-fashioned word doc, but with the Grammarly extension

I have tons of apps that I could use but I don't, and everything I found comes from this site. So many resources and tools on there that I haven't really dug into there, but if I start to struggle and wonder if there is a solution, this is my go to site.

http://startupstash.com/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Yes, I use Basecamp a LOT for client and team projects. The app is great, and what I especially love is that it keeps my inbox clear of project communication.

Gmail for all my email addresses (they get forwarded to my gmail account and I'm setup to reply from within gmail).

Streak with gmail is handy to show who opened an email. I'll be looking at the paid version soon as I need a lightweight CRM or lead management system.

Boomerang for gmail was good until I ran out of the free trial. I'll be revisiting it.

Google calendar.

Google drive and google shared docs are great.

Dropbox is where I save audio and video files.

Skype (does anyone NOT use it?).

www.evaer.com to record Skype calls.

Camtasia Recorder / Studio for capturing screenshares and editing video.

Snagit is awesome for grabbing screenshots and annotating.

Audacity for editing audio.

Soundcloud for hosting audio.

Snapchat is great for creating videos.

YouTube for public videos, Vimeo Pro for private videos.

www.rev.com for getting videos transcribed.

Excel, especially with AdWords Editor.

PowerPoint for, ahem, quick wire framing before passing onto a designer.

Notepad is handy to get rid of formatting of text.

Cygwin occasionally to write and run shell scripts on Windows.

I'm looking at Freshbooks for automated invoicing, and hopefully using Stripe for automated payments. (Getting fed up with monthly invoicing and chasing late payments.)

This forum to keep sane.

Tropicalmba.com for podcasts.

Oh, and I'd be lost without my black moleskin and Parker pen.

I also use two highlighter pens - yellow for priority, and orange for done (can go over the yellow).

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
Protonmail for encrypted email.
Evernote to write notes.
Telegram for encrypted messaging, both text and voice. This is the only truly encrypted messanger.
Sonar for any audio recordings and sharing audio project workflow in real time, as with skype's "share screen", but for audio.
Logmein to share pc access and screen in a protected environment.
Photoshop, wacom tablet to present concepts visually in real time.

I got rid of all project management tools as I completely changed my approach to my work and do everything 10x faster and 10x more efficiently without using anything but above.

As Andy mentioned, pen and paper is more important than anything else.

Last edited:

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Protonmail for encrypted email.
Evernote to write notes.
Telegram for encrypted messaging, both text and voice. This is the only truly encrypted messanger.
Sonar for any audio recordings and sharing audio project workflow in real time, as with skype's "share screen", but for audio.
Logmein to share pc access and screen in a protected environment.
Photoshop, wacom tablet to do present concepts visually in real time.

I got rid of all project management tools as I completely changed my approach to my work and do everything 10x faster and 10x more efficiently without using anything but above.

As Andy mentioned, pen and paper is more important than anything else.

I used to use Evernote a lot before they changed their policy on number of devices, i switched to Onenote from Microsoft with the importing tool and with my surface pro 4, I'm never looking back.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

guitmg

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Oct 18, 2016
It's nothing about productivity, but I'll share three chrome extensions that I really like.

Honey - Has many coupons saved and automatically applies the best one for lots of different sites like amazon, walmart. Always good to save money.

Video Downloader Professional - Easily downloads video from any website.

Video speed controller - lets you speed up any video.

miked_d

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 25, 2008
Los Angeles
General
Evernote
Hosted Exchange - Automatically syncs email, calendar, notes and lists with my Android phone.

Computer/IT stuff

Notepad++ - Notepad on steroids
Filezilla - open-source FTP program

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!