The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from Eastern Europe

Alexander27

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Oct 19, 2016
Hello people,

I am Alexander, I am 27 years old and I want to get rich like everyone else on this forum. Not really original, I know.

A little background about me. I graduated Business Administration, 5 years ago. I have around 5k Euros in savings, no debts, no rent, no mortgage. I have no properties, and no car. I have no income. I haven't worked at a job since May last year.

I am a pretty smart guy, but I am at basis lazy, and I am a procrastinator. Those 2 are my biggest weak points. Still, I have periods when I can motivate myself tremendously and I get into "obsessed" mode.

4 years and a half ago, I was the best competitor at a contest, and I won around 10000 Euros, a huge sum for my country where the average salary is around 500 Euros/month, after taxes. I trained myself 6 months, for that contest, every day 6 hours a day, Saturdays, Sundays included. If a day passed without learning and reading for the contest, I thought that I "lost" the day.

I am upset with myself that I didn't have the courage to try a business immediately. My parents have a strong slowlane mentality, and everytime I presented them that I have a business idea, I was always discouraged and I was explained the risks of a business. I even heard once that the best business is to be an employee.

I kept trying to get a job, only that none of the jobs related a bit to what I graduated, suited me. I worked as an energy trader for 3 months, then the company closed its branch in my country. I was a losing trader anyway. Then I worked for 4 months at a big corporation in finance. But what I was doing was terribly boring, I was introducing data in a computer, the hours were long and the salary was around 400 EUR/month, after taxes. The usual entry level salary for graduates such as myself. I was demotivated, I hated my job and I resigned after 3 months, I had to stay another month due to work legislation.

Then, I landed a job in management consultancy. Overtime was part of the identity of the company. People stayed extra even though there was nothing to do. Leaving at 6 PM, was an exception. There were all kind of idiot rules. Sure the salaries were good for the field, there was even a yearly bonus which could reach 4 monthly salaries. the salary was a bit over 500 EUR/month, but they expected me to work 12 hours a day. In the last day when I could quit immediately, I did so (after 3 weeks).

I realized, that I could not get very far on a job in what I majored. Entry level jobs would only allow me to survive, in the conditions that I don't pay rent ( I don't live with my parents, but it is their apartment). After 3-4 years of more stress and overtime I could have reached a 1000 EUR/month job. Of course, nobody could guarantee me, that I will progress.

I decided to change the field and apply to enter in the best paid profession in my country, air traffic controller. I didn't need a degree, only to pass the their tests ( very hard tests, only 2-5% of the candidates succeed). I trained myself a lot for weeks, before each test with various software's, the selection process took a year, but at the end I was in the top 10 candidates in my country and obviously I passed.

Everyone of my friends envies me, they are all congratulating me and of course it felt and it feels good. For my country, where the average salary is 400-500 EUR, the salaries here are pretty huge. I also benefit from 2 months of holiday. Per week, I will work four 12 hour shifts divided into 2 day shifts and 2 nights shifts, with 24 hours between shifts after day shifts and 48 hours between shifts after the night shift, the so called graveyard shift.

I am sure that it will be exciting and that it is a good job. Still, I made my computations and I realise that even with living frugal, I won't be able to retire soon and not work. It is still a job. There is no way I could earn from a job more money than here where I am. So the conclusion, is that I cannot win more from changing the job. I still won't be able to put aside enough to retire in less than 10 years. I began to read books about business, I stumbled on MJ's book, and I realised, that he is right.

That my strategy of using a job is not the best. I can't get rich from a job, and I want to get rich in order to be able to live my life how I want. I realise that as an employee I still won't have freedom. Regarding my time.
I always had the feeling, that I am meant to do something more in life. I keep thinking that I am so smart why haven't I tried to make myself rich, instead of making others. Why am I not rich? I know that I am on the "slowlane".

I know that I need to start a business, a "fastlane" on the side. For the last week I am only thinking at how to get rich. I dream of winning 10-20k eur per month whether I work or not. I know that it will take a lot of hard work to create this system.

I am scared that i won't have enough time to dedicate myself to this after work. But hey, where there is a will there's a way. And whenever I wanted something bad enough, I managed to do it. I don't usually fail, and when I try something I manage to do it from the 1st try. I know that I have to get used with failure.

I am here because I am looking for where to start my "fastlane" . I don't have any idea of what to do. No IT skills, I have only my mind. I hope that it will be enough, if I also put in the work and have the belief that I can do it.

I am here also because I want to interact with like-minded persons and in doing so to keep my motivation high, to do what it takes in order to succeed.

That's it. Thank you for having the patience to read this and for all your answers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Hey, welcome to the forum. Glad you found us.

Congratulations on the great job.

One thing I wanted to point out is that "fastlane" is a mentality, not any particular business. It's just a way of looking at the world, your place in it, and a process of continually improving yourself to achieve an ideal.

You're relatively young, and it sounds like you're set up to make some serious $$$ for your part of the world. Live an austere life (so you don't get comfortable), stack that cash, and work on self improvement while you try to find your path.

Deal with the laziness and procrastination first, as these will sabotage any business ventures. Commit to some sort of fitness goal and achieve it, then set another and achieve that. These are low hanging fruits that make it easy to build confidence and the habits required to succeed.

Spend some time reading the gold threads on here and you'll start to see the universe of possibilities. eCommerce is quite popular these days, but there are countless other options out there.

Just get started on the path and you'll figure it out on the way.

Best of luck.

Marquin Brewer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Oct 18, 2016
Hello people,

I am Alexander, I am 27 years old and I want to get rich like everyone else on this forum. Not really original, I know.

A little background about me. I graduated Business Administration, 5 years ago. I have around 5k Euros in savings, no debts, no rent, no mortgage. I have no properties, and no car. I have no income. I haven't worked at a job since May last year.

I am a pretty smart guy, but I am at basis lazy, and I am a procrastinator. Those 2 are my biggest weak points. Still, I have periods when I can motivate myself tremendously and I get into "obsessed" mode.

4 years and a half ago, I was the best competitor at a contest, and I won around 10000 Euros, a huge sum for my country where the average salary is around 500 Euros/month, after taxes. I trained myself 6 months, for that contest, every day 6 hours a day, Saturdays, Sundays included. If a day passed without learning and reading for the contest, I thought that I "lost" the day.

I am upset with myself that I didn't have the courage to try a business immediately. My parents have a strong slowlane mentality, and everytime I presented them that I have a business idea, I was always discouraged and I was explained the risks of a business. I even heard once that the best business is to be an employee.

I kept trying to get a job, only that none of the jobs related a bit to what I graduated, suited me. I worked as an energy trader for 3 months, then the company closed its branch in my country. I was a losing trader anyway. Then I worked for 4 months at a big corporation in finance. But what I was doing was terribly boring, I was introducing data in a computer, the hours were long and the salary was around 400 EUR/month, after taxes. The usual entry level salary for graduates such as myself. I was demotivated, I hated my job and I resigned after 3 months, I had to stay another month due to work legislation.

Then, I landed a job in management consultancy. Overtime was part of the identity of the company. People stayed extra even though there was nothing to do. Leaving at 6 PM, was an exception. There were all kind of idiot rules. Sure the salaries were good for the field, there was even a yearly bonus which could reach 4 monthly salaries. the salary was a bit over 500 EUR/month, but they expected me to work 12 hours a day. In the last day when I could quit immediately, I did so (after 3 weeks).

I realized, that I could not get very far on a job in what I majored. Entry level jobs would only allow me to survive, in the conditions that I don't pay rent ( I don't live with my parents, but it is their apartment). After 3-4 years of more stress and overtime I could have reached a 1000 EUR/month job. Of course, nobody could guarantee me, that I will progress.

I decided to change the field and apply to enter in the best paid profession in my country, air traffic controller. I didn't need a degree, only to pass the their tests ( very hard tests, only 2-5% of the candidates succeed). I trained myself a lot for weeks, before each test with various software's, the selection process took a year, but at the end I was in the top 10 candidates in my country and obviously I passed.

Everyone of my friends envies me, they are all congratulating me and of course it felt and it feels good. For my country, where the average salary is 400-500 EUR, the salaries here are pretty huge. I also benefit from 2 months of holiday. Per week, I will work four 12 hour shifts divided into 2 day shifts and 2 nights shifts, with 24 hours between shifts after day shifts and 48 hours between shifts after the night shift, the so called graveyard shift.

I am sure that it will be exciting and that it is a good job. Still, I made my computations and I realise that even with living frugal, I won't be able to retire soon and not work. It is still a job. There is no way I could earn from a job more money than here where I am. So the conclusion, is that I cannot win more from changing the job. I still won't be able to put aside enough to retire in less than 10 years. I began to read books about business, I stumbled on MJ's book, and I realised, that he is right.

That my strategy of using a job is not the best. I can't get rich from a job, and I want to get rich in order to be able to live my life how I want. I realise that as an employee I still won't have freedom. Regarding my time.
I always had the feeling, that I am meant to do something more in life. I keep thinking that I am so smart why haven't I tried to make myself rich, instead of making others. Why am I not rich? I know that I am on the "slowlane".

I know that I need to start a business, a "fastlane" on the side. For the last week I am only thinking at how to get rich. I dream of winning 10-20k eur per month whether I work or not. I know that it will take a lot of hard work to create this system.

I am scared that i won't have enough time to dedicate myself to this after work. But hey, where there is a will there's a way. And whenever I wanted something bad enough, I managed to do it. I don't usually fail, and when I try something I manage to do it from the 1st try. I know that I have to get used with failure.

I am here because I am looking for where to start my "fastlane" . I don't have any idea of what to do. No IT skills, I have only my mind. I hope that it will be enough, if I also put in the work and have the belief that I can do it.

I am here also because I want to interact with like-minded persons and in doing so to keep my motivation high, to do what it takes in order to succeed.

That's it. Thank you for having the patience to read this and for all your answers.
Welcome to the forum. Use your job as a spring board to the fast lane and financial independence....Continue to grow and you will make your way but remember financial independence is a journey and not a destination...Mistakes constitute growth you can't skip the process..

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...