The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Quote of the Day - QOTD

Jake Knight

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
411%
Dec 26, 2014
“Challenge is the pathway to engagement and progress in our lives. But not all challenges are created equal. Some challenges make us feel alive, engaged, connected, and fulfilled. Others simply overwhelm us. Knowing the difference as you set bigger and bolder challenges for yourself is critical to your sanity, success, and satisfaction.”

― Brendon Burchard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jesset17

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 23, 2016
Boise, ID
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

Believe you can and you're halfway there.

Whenever you are asked if you can do a job, tell 'em, 'Certainly I can!' Then get busy and find out how to do it.

All Theodore Roosevelt. Too bad we don't have any presidential candidates like him nowadays.

GSF

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Aug 25, 2012
“The mind is sharper and keener in seclusion and uninterrupted solitude. Originality thrives in seclusion free of outside influences beating upon us to cripple the creative mind. Be alone—that is the secret of invention: be alone, that is when ideas are born.” ~

Nikola Tesla

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
Saw this quote on the whiteboard at my gym:

"If you're persistent, you will get it. If you're consistent, you will keep it."

lewj24

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 12, 2016
St. Louis, MO
I haven't read all of the posts so if someone already said this I'm sorry.

My favorite quote is by Michelangelo. Before you read it think about all of the amazing sculptures and paintings his fingertips have created and then think about what he said:

"If people knew how hard I worked to get my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all."

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
“The graveyard is the richest place on earth, because it is here that you will find all the hopes and dreams that were never fulfilled, the books that were never written, the songs that were never sung, the inventions that were never shared, the cures that were never discovered, all because someone was too afraid to take that first step, keep with the problem, and carry out their dream.”

- Les Brown

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
Prepare thy work without, and make it fit for thyself in the field; and afterwards build thine house. - Proverbs 24:27

i.e., don't start buying stuff until you've created the income stream to support it .... if you think you can afford it, you can't (My favorite MJ quote)

Mr.Donnerhuhn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Aug 2, 2015
PaANHW.jpg

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
A determined and persistent idiot often gets farther in life than a doubtful genius. - (me)

Which in other words means "get off your butt and do things instead of keeping it in your head all day long thinking billions of reasons of why you would fail".

Just today I've seen a channel on Youtube having almost 200K subscribers in about 3 months and all they "produce" is bullshit but entertaining videos - burning a coca-cola, burning a watermelon etc. They never show any face or say any word on camera, just a shitty entertaining video for the boring-masses and a music in the background. Somehow their videos all have 400K+ to 5M+ views. It's about execution and being aware of what's working, what's not working and how to improve.

I couldn't do what they do by the way, because I need it to have some meaning and provide some better value rather than just "helping people waste time". I can't relate much to what they do and couldn't be passionate enough do execute on it, but they do and they get the rewards.

Last edited:

PoGOOD

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jul 4, 2014
Warsaw, Poland
I couldn't do what they do by the way, because I need it to have some meaning and provide some better value rather than just "helping people waste time". I can't relate much to what they do and couldn't be passionate enough do execute on it, but they do and they get the rewards.

One of my school friends runs... official brothels in Germany. Now - that is something you wouldn't usually like to touch during the small-talk phase at the ambassador's garden party...

In private conversations though he's quite proud of it as he always liked sex and treats this opportunity as a way of making money without harming anyone and "paying a valuable service to the local community".

I know a guy that runs few xxx-sites, just as he is running gaming sites, self-help-guru-oriented sites and other... bullshit.

The ways people make money are unlimited as much as the "needs and wants" of their clients are. I do not presume you should follow the path of that "mindless-time-wasting master", but the lesson here is quite simple - copy the methods - not the content.

Don't you think it makes sense to "steal" the system?

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Look at life as a game where your objective is to win your freedom.

You begin the game enslaved, ordained to servitude sanctified by culture, tradition, and social mores.

Your objective in the game is to escape enslavement by sorting out the rules and propaganda that govern the game, which to ignore, which to leverage, and which to defy. In this game you collect experience points (failures, successes), gold (money), tools, assets, and tweak your character skills (learning new things).

Begin knowing that your knowledge of this game is half the battle -- those trapped in the game have no idea they're being gamed.

@MJ DeMarco

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Be obsessed.

2je3c02.jpg

to be obessed enough in order to do great things, most of the time you have to be a genius or crazy or both

because focusing for years on one thing is not common

the most important section in TAGR in my opinion is Barnes story:

quote: "
He presented himself at Mr. Edison’s laboratory, and announced he had come to go into business with the inventor. In speaking of the first meeting between Barnes and Edison, years later,
Mr. Edison said, “He stood there before me, looking like an ordinary tramp,

but there was something in the expression of his face which conveyed the impression that he was determined to get what he had come after."

quote : " If the significance of this statement could be conveyed to every person who reads it, there would be no need for the remainder of this book. "

so what ?

---> the most important thing for me now is findind a way to acquire and sustain this Barne's obsession of a genius or a crazy guy, whatever you call it.

this fascinates me. the guy must win or die for his idea.

this is absolutely unbelievable . crazy

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
so in the same way of thinking, one of my favorite quick videos of Eben Pagan

quote from the video :

" you must develop, cultivate, acquire the ability to get yourself to do whatever it takes to get to the next level

whatever it takes "

Eben Pagan

Eben is one of those guys that i consider to be geniuses or crazy according to our point of views

because he will do whatever it takes or die trying.

unbelievable

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
"It's a long way to the top if you want to rock and roll" - AC/DC

I love this song because the lyrics hint at the difficulties and the process behind the band's success, but the fans only see the event.

Helps keep things in perspective, that even celebrities have a process, and didn't just "get lucky"

Plus it gets me fired up haha!

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
we should create a jokes topic

in a seminar, Tom Hopkins ( a famous salesman) was saying that the second million dollars is always easier to get than the first one

then someone said to him " i am glad to here that "

Tom replied " have you got a million dollars ?"

the woman said " no, i am going to give up on that first one " ( LOL because the second million is easier to get than the first one so we should go for it in the first place..)

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.