The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Control your life by creating a schedule

Anything related to matters of the mind

Ika

Busy Idiot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Aug 9, 2016
Germany
I want to control my life and not be controlled by my life.
One way I am doing this now is by creating a schedule that is not affected by my responsibilities.

Let me explain:

On one day, college classes start at 4pm, on another day they start at 9am. Normally I would wake up as late as possible and directly go to college - I would wake up for college.

But if I wake up at 6am, every day - I am waking up for my life, not for college, my job or anybody else.

And then, during your day, you go to your classes or job.

I decide to wake up at that time, I am not forced to. I gain control.
If I still keep that schedule in my break, it truly did not affected me - lets see.

That is probably (most likely) mental mastu**ation, but it helps me - hopefully one of you as well. :)
Thanks for reading!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
What are you doing at 6:05am that's forcing you to wake up that early?

Waking up two hours earlier to do the same things you would have done two hours later at night doesn't amount to much except bragging rights.

Ika

Busy Idiot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Aug 9, 2016
Germany
I struggle with scheduling and planning myself. I am a bit random, but as long I get out there and hitting my goals on time, I'm all good. Soon enough I'll be sleeping till 11 if I want to.
I did this schedule since 4 days. Once I got the time for classes, I had the idea. I will see if this brutal method works. Yes, normally I struggle as well so I chose this drastic approach.

What are you doing at 6:05am that's forcing you to wake up that early?

Waking up two hours earlier to do the same things you would have done two hours later at night doesn't amount to much except bragging rights.
Great point. On the one hand, 6 am is the latest time I can wake up and check my emails (and make some small changes) before I get ready for college - so on this day, yes I am still controlled by my college classes time. But if the class gets cancelled and I still wake up at 6am, I am more in control.
On the other hand, I still go to bed at 10:30pm - I sleep 2h less.

T-K

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 22, 2016
Istanbul
This not mental m....n. Human beings crave for structures in their lives or they feel they are just drifting around from one event to another and in between they try to fill the void with instant-gratification. But when you create a structure for your daily life, you no longer wander around aimlessly, you now what to do, when to do and how to do it. This is something I have been thinking on lately, and an important thing also for people who work from home and are - relatively - free to use their time.

G2TS-Man

Inventor / Entrepreneur
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 13, 2016
Somewhere in FRANCE
Yes very good idea !!!! Even if you have no particular things to do at the moment, it's a very good way to control your time, fix news goals, gain a rigor on your head, and you will find what to do with that time..

Even if I have lots of ideas that motivate me, I procrastinate since months and my projects dont grow up... But MONDAY, I start the polyphasic sleep (I think you knows this) and I do that because I need lot of time to create my new Business and I have a job who take times.. . Organise your sleeping time is a very good mean to own your body, own your head and first step to change in general !! Continue efforts man :)

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
Make systems to manage yourself - Business is a marathon from A to Z but sprints from A to B, B to C until you reach Z. Hence, self management is key.

Couple this with working 20/24 hours a day and focusing on executing one great idea without dabbling and you are gold (soon haha)

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I've seen this a lot lately with people that are traveling through Asia. After awhile they are desperate for some kind of routine or schedule, no matter how small. That's why a lot of them have taken up teaching English, even if it is only a few hours, for a few days a week, with barely a thought to how much they are paid by the hour. At least to begin with.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
What I found worked better for me than writing and updating lists and having rigid schedules, was to religiously journal every morning before doing anything. Not only do you update your to do list and tailor a daily schedule, you analyse why some actions towards your day to day goals/schedule have been successful or not. Although I think I am getting a bit off topic.

kytro360

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Sep 28, 2016
I've been using something called KanbannFlow to put all the must-do tasks for the day in. It works with a Pomodoro timer so you work in 25 minute spurts with a 5 minute rest break. It's really good.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
Pretty cool trick to getting things done:

Rather than making a list and crossing items off, erase/delete them.

That way, instead of saying I've completed 10 tasks today - your brain will say, I only have 2 left.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
Pretty cool trick to getting things done:
Rather than making a list and crossing items off, erase/delete them.
That way, instead of saying I've completed 10 tasks today - your brain will say, I only have 2 left.
Less dopamine this way.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
i once read a method for getting things done

this is a Jay Abraham method :

Make a list of the 10 important things you have to do.

Then on that list, you value-rank them or prioritize them.

If you only do one of them, which one is the absolute most important to be doing today ?

all you do today is the one top thing on the list.

If you get it all done, then you do the next most important.

And you don't do anything else until you do the nine or the seven remaining
things on the list.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
I use Google Calendar to manage tasks - simple, yet effective.

I also use it to write my goals down, and what needs to be accomplished for each day.

Eugen

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Feb 18, 2016
My motivation for waking up early and sleeping early is this: If I stay on after 11PM, my productivity goes down and I tend to indulge in not-so-productive activities, such as watching movies.

However, if I trade the hours after 11PM with early morning hours, 6-8AM, I'm much more productive then. I can meditate, do my affirmations, check my goals, etc.

That being said, it's damn difficult to sleep at 11PM, but again, if it were easy, I suppose everyone would do it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.