The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Entitlement

Anything related to matters of the mind

Goldman snacks

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Aug 15, 2016
Most businessman I have met started out 'in the grind' went through 'hard times'. The John Paul Dejoria story of him going door to door whilst homeless with $30 is a prime example of what most success gurus teach, that was the main reason I got caught up in MLM for two years as they preach that mantra also.

I have read so many busines books/autobiographies from people on all different fast lanes to a point where I understand the models and principles and it's all I think and talk about to the point where my GF hates it.

Ive been through lots of bad times To the point I talk hypothetically about them even though it's me I'm talking about as I'm embarrassed to tell people. However I still feel like I haven't been through enough yet as I still don't deserve To be successful, the most money I've ever had was when I inherited 10k at 18 and it still seems like a ton of money.

On the level of most successful people that I learn from this is nothing and to me 10k profit is like hitting a goldrush, MJ quotes that 10k is a couple days work, heck he says why not a million a month.

The idea that there area no events and you don't just go from 0-1mill a month I realize.

At the moment my lifestyle is funded by 300$ a week in NYC sharing a room, I am taking action more than ever right now as I'm sick of this life, I wake up go to the coffee shop and learn and practice code until I sleep minus breaks here and there.

There's a video of Jordan Belford, he says he's not happy if he doesn't make a million dollars so naturally he has to earn it and that's his baseline.

So I my question is what can I do, what books can I read, what exercises will help to get more entitled to affection of money and feel ready. did anyone else have this mental problem?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Most businessman I have met started out 'in the grind' went through 'hard times'. The John Paul Dejoria story of him going door to door whilst homeless with $30 is a prime example of what most success gurus teach, that was the main reason I got caught up in MLM for two years as they preach that mantra also.

I have read so many busines books/autobiographies from people on all different fast lanes to a point where I understand the models and principles and it's all I think and talk about to the point where my GF hates it.

Ive been through lots of bad times To the point I talk hypothetically about them even though it's me I'm talking about as I'm embarrassed to tell people. However I still feel like I haven't been through enough yet as I still don't deserve To be successful, the most money I've ever had was when I inherited 10k at 18 and it still seems like a ton of money.

On the level of most successful people that I learn from this is nothing and to me 10k profit is like hitting a goldrush, MJ quotes that 10k is a couple days work, heck he says why not a million a month.

The idea that there area no events and you don't just go from 0-1mill a month I realize.

At the moment my lifestyle is funded by 300$ a week in NYC sharing a room, I am taking action more than ever right now as I'm sick of this life, I wake up go to the coffee shop and learn and practice code until I sleep minus breaks here and there.

There's a video of Jordan Belford, he says he's not happy if he doesn't make a million dollars so naturally he has to earn it and that's his baseline.

So I my question is what can I do, what books can I read, what exercises will help to get more entitled to affection of money and feel ready. did anyone else have this mental problem?

I'll comment on the last paragraph - the mental aspect.

When Jordan reached that million dollar per month mark - that's his baseline after he stated making it.

The "shortcut"..

your unconscious mind can't tell the difference between real and imagined events.

See, hear, and most importantly feel internally that you're already making it.

Act as if you're already that person.

Do this every day. See my other threads about eft if you can't feel it.

During straight line persuasion, he talks about anchoring that stage of emotion he had right after he made any sale. And holding that emotion.

If you don't know what an anchor is, Google NLP anchoring.

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
Headline: "I was sleeping on friends couches, with $10 in my pocket, and now I'm worth Millions."

vs.

Headline: "I got a great education, drove a decent car and went out to eat at restaurants often, now I'm worth Millions."

Which one sounds better?

Have you tried setting goals? Literally.

I know it sounds like crap, and everyone preaches it so much that it has almost become background noise. But have you actually written them down and looked at it daily?

• The very first goal I set 8 years ago was to make $1.

That took 2 months with those awful view exchange websites and a ridiculous one called Yuwie or something.

• $10: done in 1 month and 7 days selling a Naruto streaming website. (made $37)

• $100: done in 3 week selling banner graphics on Fiverr.

Ended up making $1000/week for 4 weeks here but I was working 12-14 hours a day non stop.

• $10,000: done in 3 days with my very first large contract with a professional firm.

4th success catapulted me into real business.

There were periods of downtime in between all of those goals because I didn't appreciate/understand their power.

But every single one that is set, is met.

Last edited:

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
I would recommend tossing out this strange notion of "deserves". Nobody deserves anything. There is only cause and effect.

The idea of "deserves" implies there is some sort of cosmic arbiter dispensing justice. That isn't reality. Nobody is keeping score, and nobody is enforcing some vague rules of "who deserves what".

People don't get what they deserve. They, in general, get what they work for.

All you can do is own the process and your discipline. Own the outcome, whether it's in your favor or not. Don't rely on the universe to give you what you "deserve".

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016

You mentioned that you are not happy with your life. I was the same way a few months ago.

And I wanted to fix everything so that I become happy. And that is what I set out to do.

It did not take me long to realize that sometimes business success takes time, but waiting for happiness until you reach success is just stupid.

And I would have probably tried to climb that ladder to happiness all my life unless I met someone for coffee recently who had already reached where i want to reach.

This is what he said "If you are not happy today you are not going to be happy tomorrow. Are your family and people who you care for healthy? That should be the baseline of happiness. Success is just a bonus, happiness is the default"

Now, I know A TON of people (a ton in this forum and many more if you go to events) who says that mindset does not matter, just be successful and hustle until you make the $$. It is just a clear lack of depth, maturity, compassion and gratitude. Let them climb the infinite staircase to wealth.

I am hustling harder than ever but it is coming from an abundance of happiness than a scarcity of happiness. I get happy when i make a tiny progress in my business, and that happens dozens of times everyday. I think not many people will even realize that their entire life.

Mark Cuban summarizes this really well.

whb8vUu.png

I highly recommend that you follow this meditation by Vishen Lakhiani (Owner of Mindvalley and built a business from $700 to $100 million) given in this video. I do this everyday -

About reading books - I read two kinds of books :
1) Academic books on business
2) Generic books on business (And related)

I get academic books from a Business University near my home. I have buddies who will share their books and notes with me. I am getting formal education without paying for it. The knowledge is key.

Generic books just gets me pumped up and are fun to read. On top of that they give you valuable life lessons that an academic book cannot. Here is a list by Tony Hsieh (Net worth nearly $1 billion), founder of Zappos.

PIC5.jpg

Source Link

And of course, read "The Millionaire Fastlane ".

Lastly, any books you read or the meditation you practice or the exercises you do are USELESS unless you hustle 20/24 hours (That includes 4 hours of dreaming when you sleep lol). This is not an advice on Law of attraction bogus, read the chapter on "Law of Attraction" in the Millionaire Fastlane .

Good luck.

Last edited:

Torobaro

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Mar 30, 2016
Spain

I assume you´re learning to code to start a business or get a job that earns you the income to start a business. Don´t get me wrong, I might be wrong, but it seems to me that you think that until you learn to code you can´t start building a fastlane business.

I got some questions: what are you currently doing to earn money? Do you have a business idea worth pursuing? What´s your plan to earn money? What problem are you going to solve?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hellolin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 27, 2015
Read the book "The power of broke" by Daymond John, one of the sharks on the shark tank show, he will teach you what is an "affordable next step" is.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
The journey turns out beautiful once you hit certain milestones. "Believe in me." It's really the whole story. It's all about you. The external world will tell you anything. The battle of the mind is the only thing that knocks you out. The thoughts you tell yourself. The inner critic is the only thing that can stop you from getting you where you want to be.

The drive, the determination, and the inner motivation is the only think that will keep you true to yourself. I suppose it's taking off the masks layer by layer, and becoming your authentic self. Most of your life, you've probably looked out to the world for validation, approval, and rewards. Materialism isn't my main motivational. If it was, I wouldn't have the drive to challenge myself, compete, and rise above everyone I've ever known.

There is nothing to prove. It's all about becoming lighter and lighter, and dropping all the dead weight of the world. The world will weigh you down with negative messages. If you're in the zone and focused it makes it much easier to achieve the goal. Self-mastery is the whole journey. Self-discipline day in and day out, and making a choice to take action.

What I've learned most about myself is shutting off the deep thinking, over thinking, black and white thinking, and catastrophic thinking. This is the major battle for most introverts. When you discipline the mind and anxiety, you can move through any obstacle. Learn to silence your mind. Divert your attention and focus.

The growth mindset helps a lot, if you're feeding your mind positive things every day, and watching what you watch, what you listen to and who you listen to every day.

One of the things I do, is remind myself every day, every one's waiting on me to take action, instead of what most people do, is wait for other people to take action first.

It's almost like being in a boot camp every day. A schedule of mental fitness, emotional fitness, and physical fitness. Application and discipline is key. Day after day doing the same thing over and over until you master it. Self-talk is the major key. Turn it around every time it's a negative thought.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.