The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Boxing vs mma

Anything related to matters of the mind

KingJones

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Sep 11, 2016
I'm a boxer that's been boxing for over a year now and I was thinking that maybe I should transition into mma. What do you guys think I'd have a better shot to make millions in. Boxing or mma. I'm 21 by the way

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest34764

I'm a boxer that's been boxing for over a year now and I was thinking that maybe I should transition into mma. What do you guys think I'd have a better shot to make millions in. Boxing or mma. I'm 21 by the way

I think you have a better shot at winning the lottery.

Don't build your wealth centered on yourself, especially when something like boxing/MMA can disable you.

Your business is the center of your wealth, not you.

KingJones

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Sep 11, 2016
I think you have a better shot at winning the lottery.

Don't build your wealth centered on yourself, especially when something like boxing/MMA can disable you.

Your business is the center of your wealth, not you.
So how do I turn either one into a profitable business?

G

GuestUser155

"
"

Was gonna post earlier that you were the better man, @Omega . Instead of being sarcastic with him, you gave pretty good advice.

Not to say I told you so, but I called it correctly this time :D. Some people just ooze headstrong vibes, they're only looking for validation.

By being at the top of your game. If money is primarily your first thought instead of passion, you're not gonna turn this hobby into anything real. Talk with your trainer or with some of the pro guys at your gym, they'll give you better advice. Hell, even go ask on reddit, but this nonsense doesn't belong on this forum.

MB2

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 20, 2016
A Tiny island down the ocean (Ceylon)

If you are endowed with extraordinary talent and can showcase your talent to all over the world like Mohomad Ali did then you can make millions.Boxing would be better because you have more fans for boxing than mma,I guess.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
The only way you're going to make millions in boxing or mma is

a) You're really good.

or,

b) You enter an already super saturated market to sell products.

There's already hundreds of thousands of MMA and boxers that started from a young age, and once you go amateur, you don't make that much. The only real money is in professional fighting.

samuraijack

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 27, 2014
New York, New York
I would sign up for a cheap boxing class that taught just the basics for me to learn how to throw some good punches and defend myself. Try doing something locally?

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
Both Boxing and MMA are both in a whole different realm than starting a fastlane business or going fastlane. You need to ask yourself some deep serious questions because your competition in either sport will be fierce. Do you think you'll be better than Connor McGregor or Floyd Mayweather? That's what it takes to get rich in these sports. You will have to live your sport fully and give up everything else. Even your own health. Your talking at least 10 years of non stop training (Jiu Jitsu, Muai Thai, wrestling, and boxing, all need to be on point) and smarter training. So You'll be 31 by the time you make it to the UFC. (most figthers were already good by the time they turned 21 and had years of experience.) And that is if you don't get injured or many other factors (including yourself) stop you in your tracks. You being here asking that question gives me a good sign that you don't have what it takes to make millions fighting. Not that you couldn't develop it though.

As for other boxing or mma fastlane routes. I don't think boxing for only one year would give you much expertise in any market that you could enter. So your one year of boxing is pretty much useless. You would need to find a need in the market/ community. And Solve that need better and more efficiently than any of your competition.

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
396%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
You would need to find a need in the market/ community.
What about starting with solving a pain point for amateurs/professionals within the community, if you want to stay in that industry?

You've done it for a year, you know how it works and know quite some people. I am pretty sure you were in situations were you thought "This could have been better, why not do it another way..." How many times have you heard someone during training complain about boxing gear, the services provided at the club, etc.?

Look behind the scenes - most of the professionals created a second option for themselves (they own a gym, sell supplements, etc.).

A complicated injury and years of training go down the drain.

P.S.: Have you read MJ's book?

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
So your just a guy that started boxing at 21? Thats a hobby. Even if by some miracle you are a elite talent you likely arent going to make anything.

In the UFC there are only a slim few making real big money. Getting CTE isnt even worth the money 99% of these guys make. Boxing is even worse because nobody cares about the sport anymore.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.