The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Limitless

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...
G

GuestUser155

began modeling Ryan Holiday's site with the content and articles - which must be doing well for him.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Ryan's writings are great, but his web design is too claustrophobic, the margins and the over-stimulation! He's not using any of that prime web-site real estate in the margins and once you start scrolling down it becomes nonsensical how cramped the content is.

I believe it was Dan Pena that said you shouldn't be copying your competition/others without good reason (that means thorough explanations!). Not to mention, what kind of brand is that of a copy-cat?

Though, I like the margins on your text. Very easy to read.

Regarding typography, it all depends on your brand. I don't know what Devine posted, but the gray might not be the best for body. It fades into the white and acts like a footnote (reading optional) instead of text that pops and carries strength.

Also, please fix your navbar and buttons, they look like the stock style every website maker gives you :p. But, don't worry, buttons are some of the harder design elements to craft correctly.

NOW, while we're still on buttons:

YooLHbI.jpg

This is the first thing I noticed, not your wonderful logo, not your strong message, but the buttons. It's the little things that matter, and those buttons are atrocious.

Of course, this only matters how you're branding yourself. I'm detecting the hints of sophistication and tradition in your graphics, but everywhere else you're all over the place (especially on "NLP Training," the yellow highlight gets me every time :D).

Try to repeat yourself less too. I noticed under benefits of membership you have the same graphic (infinity) twice and you start two of the descriptions with "Whether you're."

Just come quick insights!

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Backpacking Through Europe

For the next 3 months (or more), I'll be working out of Europe, running my business from a laptop at coffee shops and internet cafes (if those exist here). First time out of the country. This is one of those burn the boats moments, but that's a different story...

Screen Shot 2016-10-01 at 10.35.49 AM.png

It’s 6:15 a.m. and some random foo fighters song is playing in my earbuds as the plane is making its final approach into Madrid.

The city lights here are more of a yellow in color than I’m used to back in the United States. Back there, it’s more…white.

The landscape is dark and I’m halfway across the world from home.

This is my first time out of the country.

For years on end, I told myself that I was going to live out of a travel backpack and backpack across the world…someday.

That day is today.

The plane is about to land, and the sweet Spanish mother next to me is talking to me in some language I don’t understand….

“Lo siento, hablo un poquito Espanol” is my default phrase for the next few weeks. They say that 93% of communication is non-verbal. I’m going to do a lot of pointing.

It’s now 10:03 and I’m sitting at a starbucks in Madrid’s international airport waiting for my connecting flight to Granada, to meet up with my girlfriend.

She’s an engineering student who is studying abroad this semester, and it’s getting cold in Colorado so I bought a backpack and I’ll spend the rest of my year building my business from this Macbook I’m typing into now.

I figure coffee shops and internet cafes will be my go-to work stations for the rest of the year. Working from my girlfriend’s apartment when I have client calls and need some privacy.

Most of the flight over here was spent watching. I saw The Martian, the third movie in the divergent series, and some other movie that I honestly don’t remember what it was.

It’s bugging me that I forget what it was.

10 am here, it’s 4 in the morning in the city I left from and I didn’t get any sleep on the flight.

While we’re making final approach into the airport, I began thinking about what I’m going to do for my business. Up until now, I’ve been selling training courses online, and started doing some executive coaching.

I don’t like the word coach, because that’s not what I do…it’s different than that.

I began by coaching early-stage entrepreneurs who are the ones I feel I can help the most. Most of them are lost/confused/struggling/doubt themselves/and have no clue what to do.

After building my first internet business, I spent some time teaching this demographic how to start their businesses as well. A lot of them are grateful for my advice and help, but quite frankly…the vast majority of people I try to help are not the type of people I want to work with anymore.

They are too busy letting their ego get in the way, trying to prove themselves right, and I’ve wasted a LOT of time helping people who never take any action. One girl, I even helped setup a website for, because I saw her passion…and she gave up after the first week.

When I make a post on my blog with the intent to help them, a lot of trolls come out of the woodwork to criticize me…it’s just not worth the frustration anymore.

In the past couple months, I began working with a higher level of clientele. Founders and CEOs of companies that do over $1 Million of revenue per year, professional athletes, hedge fund managers, and the type of people who I know I can help best; who are also open to what I have to offer.

· But how do I expand my reach to get in touch and help more of them?

· How do I communicate what I offer to them?

The word “coach” is the closest thing to what I do, but it is far from that. I give absolutely zero advice (unless they ask for it), and get my clients faster results than any coach ever will.

I like to call myself a witchdoctor…but I don’t know how they would respond do that.

In quick summary, I get them into the emotional state of already having what they want, release negative emotions, create a rapid identify level shift, so they:

1. Shed those bad habits they still cling on to.
2. Act congruent with the person they want to be.
3. Attract opportunities in their life because when they are in the emotional state of having what they want…energy (emotions) attracts similar energy…

Being. Doing. Having.

I get them to be the person who does and has what they want. Most people skip that step.

Mental reprogrammer? Maybe?

Witchdoctor? Let’s go with that.

It’s 10:30 a.m. right now, the adrenaline of being in a new country with nothing but my laptop and a backpack is wearing off, and I’m getting tired.

There’s some interesting girl sitting over there who just made eye contact with me.

I didn’t say hi, but immediately stereotyped her based on how comfortable she seemed alone in an international airport by herself and her travel backpack. I just see her being the type who is free to get on a plane and travel anywhere in the world, not limited by anything to hold her back.

I don’t know if she’s an entrepreneur or not, but she seems like she lives the kind of life like my friend Jason has been living for the last couple years. He’s been telling me to leave the U.S. for quite some time now.

Within 5 minutes of landing in Spain, I don’t know why I waited so long.

I’m thinking I’m going to go get some coffee from the starbucks here (yes..the first thing I’m doing in a foreign country is drink starbucks….which happens to be right across from a mcdonalds).

After that, I’m going to hop on the flight to Granada, meet up with my girlfriend, and drink Sangrias and eat Tapas until we sleep all afternoon, and spend some time together for the rest of the night, because I haven’t seen her in over a month…

Edit: Starbucks is not the first thing I’ll have here. Sangrias and tapas with the girl….

Until next time,

Andrew

Nomangee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
May 11, 2012
Germany
Love the writing style, reminds me of Altucher. If you need some recommendations for places in Europe, here are some:
- South of Italy for beautiful small coast cities and some hiking
- Canary Islands for good weather and beaches, you can (kite) surf nearly the whole year.
- Lisbon would be the San Francisco of Europe
- Formentera is a must island, basically you have the Caribbean feeling in Europe.
- Polar lights in the north of Norway, there are also some hotels, that are completely out of ice
- Snowdonia National Park (UK) for the landscape and nature

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Your Comfort Zone & Inner Confidence | Day 1 | Granada, Spain

14446134_975011685940847_3103577225697252422_n.jpg

Sometimes life doesn't feel real.

I'm convinced I'm in a waking dream.

Just yesterday, I was waking up in a bed that was all familiar to me, in a town that I spent many months living in, surrounded by people who I've known for most of my life.

Today, I woke up in a foreign land, thousands of miles across the ocean from the country and culture I was born into, and remained in for the first 29 years of my life.

Walking through the city with my girlfriend last night, we're hearing conversations in unknown languages surround the bubble of reality we are locked in together. The only other English I heard since I got here were two tourist girls complaining and using the F*** word when all the locals were stopping in the middle of the street.

They were probably from New York.

Everything is so...foreign...over here.

And it doesn't seem real. I've never experienced this before.

A strange thing happened after being an entrepreneur for five years now. In the past, most of my friends would say I'm lucky for being able to do this, and they would make some type of list of all the reasons holding them back. But now, I feel like I'm just catching up to where most of my friends are.

They say that if you're the smartest person in the room, it's time to go in a new room.
  • I'm alone (with my g/f) in a new city.
  • Making a new pivot for my business.
  • Downsized from my full computer with 3 screens to a single laptop without a mouse.
  • Starting over fresh, burning the boats, so they say.
But I'm not scared. I'm not worried. I'm not uncomfortable.

Last night at dinner, my girlfriend and I were talking about leaving your comfort zone.

IMG_2117.JPG

Leaving Your Comfort Zone

I used to be scared of a lot of things.

Just the thought of doing things and making that leap into the unknown was so uncomfortable, that I would always talk myself out of it before I jumped.

Each and every time I stayed in place; my life never changed. In the moment, it was comfortable, but looking back on things; it was always a regret.

A regret not to change my life around when the opportunity came my way.

The first time I took the leap, it was driving 2,000 miles across the country to Arizona with nothing but a dream. I had no clue what I was doing when I would get there, but I found a way to make it work. The next two years of my life were like a vacation that never ended.

Palm trees, beach-resort-style apartments, high end nightlife, year-round sunny weather.

Then I took a few more leaps and the landing was rough.

Getting bruised, torn up, and knocked cold on the hard crash down, I took enough of those leaps that eventually they did lead to my worst possible fears.

But when all that unfolded, I survived.

Now, as I take that leap once again into the middle of a foreign country with no means of egress until my flight on December 15th, I'm once again in the position where I need to make things work.

But it's not uncomfortable.

My girlfriend on the other hand, is saying how she's really far out of her comfort zone with all of this, and it's getting to her.

How does one make the uncomfortable, comfortable?

Is it something that you have to prepare for?

Or is it something you have to experience for yourself?

What is uncomfort?

In my view, it's simply a set of emotions we feel. When our ancestors from 10,000 years ago lived in tribes of 150 people, and had the comfort and security of the tribe, anything outside the perimeters of what they were used to led to certain death.

I like to think our human programming is outdated, where the things we fear doing, but logically know that everything will be ok - is not going to kill us.

When we venture off into the wild, we don't die, but we face trials and tribulations that make us stronger.

I know my girlfriend is going to come back stronger. She's facing these trials and tribulations for the first time, and the first time you face them; they're scary.

But what happens when you make the uncomfortable, comfortable?

Now, instead of viewing these things as a struggle, I view them as excitement.

Because no matter what happens to us when we take this leap, in the end, it's all going to lead us to the same place.

One day you're going to die.

And so will I.

But when I look back on my life, I know that the most amazing experiences I've had in my entire life happened outside of my comfit zone, after I took that leap.

I haven no clue what then next few months have in store for me...but deep down, I do.

To the best decision I made in my entire life...

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Love the writing style, reminds me of Altucher. If you need some recommendations for places in Europe, here are some:
- South of Italy for beautiful small coast cities and some hiking
- Canary Islands for good weather and beaches, you can (kite) surf nearly the whole year.
- Lisbon would be the San Francisco of Europe
- Formentera is a must island, basically you have the Caribbean feeling in Europe.
- Polar lights in the north of Norway, there are also some hotels, that are completely out of ice
- Snowdonia National Park (UK) for the landscape and nature

These sound amazing!

Have you done the ice hotels by the northern lights yet!?

Thanks!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Your Comfort Zone & Inner Confidence | Day 1 | Granada, Spain

View attachment 13278

Sometimes life doesn't feel real.

I'm convinced I'm in a waking dream.

Just yesterday, I was waking up in a bed that was all familiar to me, in a town that I spent many months living in, surrounded by people who I've known for most of my life.

Today, I woke up in a foreign land, thousands of miles across the ocean from the country and culture I was born into, and remained in for the first 29 years of my life.

Walking through the city with my girlfriend last night, we're hearing conversations in unknown languages surround the bubble of reality we are locked in together. The only other English I heard since I got here were two tourist girls complaining and using the F*** word when all the locals were stopping in the middle of the street.

They were probably from New York.

Everything is so...foreign...over here.

And it doesn't seem real. I've never experienced this before.

A strange thing happened after being an entrepreneur for five years now. In the past, most of my friends would say I'm lucky for being able to do this, and they would make some type of list of all the reasons holding them back. But now, I feel like I'm just catching up to where most of my friends are.

They say that if you're the smartest person in the room, it's time to go in a new room.
  • I'm alone (with my g/f) in a new city.
  • Making a new pivot for my business.
  • Downsized from my full computer with 3 screens to a single laptop without a mouse.
  • Starting over fresh, burning the boats, so they say.
But I'm not scared. I'm not worried. I'm not uncomfortable.

Last night at dinner, my girlfriend and I were talking about leaving your comfort zone.

View attachment 13279

Leaving Your Comfort Zone

I used to be scared of a lot of things.

Just the thought of doing things and making that leap into the unknown was so uncomfortable, that I would always talk myself out of it before I jumped.

Each and every time I stayed in place; my life never changed. In the moment, it was comfortable, but looking back on things; it was always a regret.

A regret not to change my life around when the opportunity came my way.

The first time I took the leap, it was driving 2,000 miles across the country to Arizona with nothing but a dream. I had no clue what I was doing when I would get there, but I found a way to make it work. The next two years of my life were like a vacation that never ended.

Palm trees, beach-resort-style apartments, high end nightlife, year-round sunny weather.

Then I took a few more leaps and the landing was rough.

Getting bruised, torn up, and knocked cold on the hard crash down, I took enough of those leaps that eventually they did lead to my worst possible fears.

But when all that unfolded, I survived.

Now, as I take that leap once again into the middle of a foreign country with no means of egress until my flight on December 15th, I'm once again in the position where I need to make things work.

But it's not uncomfortable.

My girlfriend on the other hand, is saying how she's really far out of her comfort zone with all of this, and it's getting to her.

How does one make the uncomfortable, comfortable?

Is it something that you have to prepare for?

Or is it something you have to experience for yourself?

What is uncomfort?

In my view, it's simply a set of emotions we feel. When our ancestors from 10,000 years ago lived in tribes of 150 people, and had the comfort and security of the tribe, anything outside the perimeters of what they were used to led to certain death.

I like to think our human programming is outdated, where the things we fear doing, but logically know that everything will be ok - is not going to kill us.

When we venture off into the wild, we don't die, but we face trials and tribulations that make us stronger.

I know my girlfriend is going to come back stronger. She's facing these trials and tribulations for the first time, and the first time you face them; they're scary.

But what happens when you make the uncomfortable, comfortable?

Now, instead of viewing these things as a struggle, I view them as excitement.

Because no matter what happens to us when we take this leap, in the end, it's all going to lead us to the same place.

One day you're going to die.

And so will I.

But when I look back on my life, I know that the most amazing experiences I've had in my entire life happened outside of my comfit zone, after I took that leap.

I haven no clue what then next few months have in store for me...but deep down, I do.

To the best decision I made in my entire life...

Have fun and be safe.

Do your blogging on your blog though, not here.

You can post major updates here, but this thread can't be bumped every day for this.

Good luck, be safe. Travel well, have fun, and we'll catch you with a trip and learning summary when you come back.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Have fun and be safe.

Do your blogging on your blog though, not here.

You can post major updates here, but this thread can't be bumped every day for this.

Good luck, be safe. Travel well, have fun, and we'll catch you with a trip and learning summary when you come back.

Thank you and will do!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've tagged this a Progress Thread since it seems to be randomly updated -- please keep it non-commercialized.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I've tagged this a Progress Thread since it seems to be randomly updated -- please keep it non-commercialized.
Thanks MJ - I want to keep a progress of everything since I'm going through a lot of changes now and want to share the journey for those that follow; not trying to bump the thread for sales.

I'd like to keep posting updates as I go - and if it works better for you - you can remove the link from the first page of this thread and switch the business name to AndrewNCs progress thread or something.

In the meantime, I'll just post an update in December of major business progress after I leave Europe.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
I, personally, don't mind if this thread goes full on advertising, as long as the content inside of it will be of high quality.
I'll better read a proper progress thread where a person explains, over-explains and showcases his journey, blogs about what he's currently up to, than read some "wanna be starting something" of somebody who haven't accomplished anything.

If bumping threads with actual content is annoying, I think the problem is not with threads, it's with our forum system. I think we need a proper website with personal blogs and ratings to make it TFLF level 2.0.

@MJ DeMarco what do you think about it: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/if-you-were-a-moderator.65171/page-7#post-564106

Last edited:

Nomangee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
May 11, 2012
Germany
These sound amazing!

Have you done the ice hotels by the northern lights yet!?

Thanks!

It's on my to do list, when I have more time on my hand. Want to be there over xmas with a girlfriend, that will come next year. ;)

I, personally, don't mind if this thread goes full on advertising, as long as the content inside of it will be of high quality.
I'll better read a proper progress thread where a person explains, over-explains and showcases his journey, blogs about what he's currently up to, than read some "wanna be starting something" of somebody who haven't accomplished anything.

If bumping threads with actual content is annoying, I think the problem is not with threads, it's with our forum system. I think we need a proper website with personal blogs and ratings to make it TFLF level 2.0.

@MJ DeMarco what do you think about it: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/if-you-were-a-moderator.65171/page-7#post-564106

Second that, I like how he presents his progress, be it personal or business wise.

Btw your interview is out with the co-founder of RSD, saw it as I'm subscribed to him:

Last edited:

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Btw your interview is out with the co-founder of RSD, saw it as I'm subscribed to him:
Thanks!

Nick was absolutely great to learn from, and definitely has a lot of insights that many people can learn from.

The key takeaway I learned is that when I sent him questions and topics prior to the interview, I sent it from the frame of helping early-stage entrepreneurs, and he kept pulling the conversation to the scale of being a large company.

I was honestly scared to watch this because I felt like I could have come off with a stronger frame, but the coolest part is seeing multiple people in the comments recognize me :)

This is awesome :)

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
After interviewing Nick from RSD (video above) - I began taking a look more into his business model where he has the team of instructors below him doing the workshops.

So far, I've been working with clients directly as an NLP Master Practitioner and have been getting great feedback from their results. But my time is limited so being able to scale will require a new way of doing things.)

After brainstorming solutions, I'm in the process of working with two other entrepreneurs who have two complimentary skillets and goals.

1. Great at making sales and networking.
2. Very interested in NLP and doing the client sessions.

Going forward, I am training #2 to be better at NLP than I am. So when myself and #1 close sales for executive coaching and corporate packages, #2 will be actually running the sessions, and eventually be in the position to train a team of employees (or instructors under my brand name) under him.

Both have the passion and drive to do exactly what they are doing, so that is the main thing I'm looking for - and I've worked with both of them in the past, so I know their dedication level.

Once I successfully transition to teaching him how to effectively run client sessions, I'll be including a training course on top of the self-study NLP course to train contractors (or employees/instructors) in a skill that we will pay them $50-$75 per hour for.

I'll need some type of certification standards...not for show, but to make sure that the people who graduate through the program have the experience to move forward as practitioners. If an executive pays $5,000 for a package...I have to make sure they get what they pay for.

This will also help increase the quality of the candidates who go through the program, and move it away from a strictly self-study program.

The products/service are there...

Next step....more sales and begin training...

Nomangee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
May 11, 2012
Germany
I'll be including a training course on top of the self-study NLP course to train contractors (or employees/instructors) in a skill that we will pay them $50-$75 per hour for.

Imo what RSD made so superior is, that they gave their instructors so much space to develop themselves and then create their own style and character of PUA, that's I think also why so many talented people joined them.

It will be hard to keep such a high quality talent with offering them employment and hourly rates, if they are in any way entrepreneurial, which most of them will be it seems.

I don't know the exact contracts and terms the instructors have with RSD, but it seems more, that they offer the RSD platform/community and all the tech,administrative,... support to them and take a cut out of their profits. I think the same model could work very well for your business.

Last edited:

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Imo what RSD made so superior is, that they gave their instructors so much space to develop themselves and then create their own style and character of PUA, that's I think also why so many talented people joined them.

It will be hard to keep such a high quality talent with offering them employment and hourly rates, if they are in any way entrepreneurial, which most of them will be it seems.

I don't know the exact contracts and terms the instructors have with RSD, but it seems more, that they offer the RSD platform/community and all the tech,administrative,... support to them and take a cut out of their profits. I think the same model could work very well for your business.
Thanks!

Yeah, for the practitioners, that would work for hourly - but for building the brand - would definitely need someone entrepreneurial.

Thanks for the insights.

Also, I believe that all their instructors interned/volunteered for free for their company for at least 2 years before they even qualified for an instructor position - showing that entrepreneurial spirit and drive.

And for each of their own styles - I feel that was setup with intent, to appeal to different demographics of consumers:
  • The philosophical one
  • The "natural" alpha male.
  • The older one
  • The engineer type.
  • etc.
I've been searching for some others to join the brand for some time, but most people gave up at the first obstacle. Going forward, I'm just going to lead by example and grow fast and see who comes my way.

thanks again!

Nomangee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
May 11, 2012
Germany
Thanks!

Yeah, for the practitioners, that would work for hourly - but for building the brand - would definitely need someone entrepreneurial.

Thanks for the insights.

Also, I believe that all their instructors interned/volunteered for free for their company for at least 2 years before they even qualified for an instructor position - showing that entrepreneurial spirit and drive.

And for each of their own styles - I feel that was setup with intent, to appeal to different demographics of consumers:
  • The philosophical one
  • The "natural" alpha male.
  • The older one
  • The engineer type.
  • etc.
I've been searching for some others to join the brand for some time, but most people gave up at the first obstacle. Going forward, I'm just going to lead by example and grow fast and see who comes my way.

thanks again!

You are right, first they become some sort of support in the community and then they take more intuitive and can follow an instructor unpaid for like 6 months or so. Then if the guys see potential, they will become an instructor.

It would be also beneficial, like RSD has, where most customers buy not only one product but several, like the natural from Max and then social circle by Luke as they are complementary.

So I wouldn't focus 100% of efforts on the NLP niche, but broaden your spectrum of offers, so you can up sell your customers.

Some niches that come to my mind are first and foremost meditation. In the next 10 years someone will for sure create a $1 billion company in this niche, especially when more and more scientific evidence from the quantum physics field comes to light. The other one are Nutrition, as that plays also a big role in being the best version of yourself or for example something more extraordinary like the Wim Hof method, which are basically ancient breathing techniques and cold showers, that bring your body into a state where you can influence your auto immune system/autonomous nerves system and it's already scientifically proven.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
My 30th Birthday: 5 years after joining this forum...
  • Middle of a foreign country,
  • 10:30 p.m.
  • ATM card frozen due to "suspicious activity" - No money,
  • No cell phone service, and
  • Coming back to the place I'm staying - seeing everything I own thrown out on the street.
IMG_3104-1.JPG.jpg

I flew into the United Kingdom last week to meet up with my business partner, and after a lot of coffees together earlier in the week, I've decided to take a new direction with my business.

Instead of the video training modules being the front - a service-based business offering NLP sessions to established founders and CEOs.

1-on-1 NLP Sessions - $x,xxx for 3-6 months

This is the core of the business.

When working with established business owners, a 3-month "coaching" package that I offer for $x,xxx is getting all my clients very amazing results. Their businesses are growing by 6 figures per year. I put the word coaching in quotes because what I do is not advice or typical coaching stuff- and it's still something I'm trying to explain in a way people understand.

I think @Andy Black gave me this advice well over a year ago "Help those who are already in motion." I keep trying to help early-stage entrepreneurs because I can empathize with their struggles. But I found a better way to hep them...by not targeting them.

Established founders are the demographic that is already doing all the things necessary to grow the business, they're already getting results, and by putting the skills I've acquired over the years to use with working on them via 60-minute Skype calls once a week for 12 weeks, they are attracting opportunities faster than before.
  • The have the money to spend.
  • I am 100% confident that my service helps them (over 158 testimonials so far from pas clients).
  • They are taking action and already have the business knowledge.
And thanks @IceCreamKid for your post on Lex's marketplace thread - a lot of the things you mentioned there could be tacked on top of our offering - I'm rolling with it!

Getting Sales

That's what my business partner and I talked about mainly.

The #1 thing we are doing now is focusing on sales of our core service.

When sales come in, I can handle the rest.

I'm in the process of training another NLP Practitioner who I will eventually have handle clients for us as a contractor when my workload is full.

As for being stuck on the street with nothing in the middle of a foreign country.

I was on a Tinder date while the guy I'm staying with blew up at me for writing him a check for the 2 weeks here...instead of giving him cash. And when I lost service in the city, and didnt reply to his message, he threw all my stuff out on the street.

My date was nice enough to let me stay with her for a few days while I work things out with my bank and before my flight to Amsterdam tomorrow :)

She suggested I drink straight from the bottle...

IMG_3101.JPG

Going to write up a long article about the full experience that night, but the main thing for this progress thread is the direction we are going...

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
That's gotta be the most committed strategy to getting invited up for a nightcap I've ever seen!

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
That's gotta be the most committed strategy to getting invited up for a nightcap I've ever seen!
I literally laughed out loud while reading this. :D

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Solar Energy Investments

Today, I met with an investor who invests in green-energy projects throughout the Netherlands. Met him at a bar a few weeks earlier and we started to talk business. I showed an interest in helping clean energy companies grow, so we met up today.

He took me on a tour of his first investment, which is a series of solar panels he installed on top of a distribution center.

solar.jpg

This week I've learned a lot about surrounding myself with the type of people I want to surround myself with. I used to help out a lot of people who were strictly getting into business for making money. As long as that product or service is great for the customer, I'm all for people's individual goals of making money.

But I'm starting to fall more into the category of helping start businesses that have a positive impact on the world as a whole.

Green energy is one of them.

While talking to him, I began learning that business is so much more than simply business. Some of my best business contacts are friends.
  • If I decide to take my company offshore, I would go to @GlobalWealth - because I trust him from meeting him at the Fastlane summit and talking to him on Facebook.
  • If I want to get sales copy written, I won't go to upward and hiring someone with the most reviews - I'll go with @SinisterLex because he helped me out and we chat on Skype from time to time.
  • When I was alone in a dark train station after midnight in a foreign country, while intoxicated - I'm now a customer of @Vigilante 's - because @BaraQueenbee is probably sleeping right now instead of getting her app out yesterday :D - and also because I'd rather support him for all his posts on this forum over some random company who does the same thing
All jokes aside, I'll most likely be offering my services to his investment group, and their business contacts - not because I'm good at what I do. But because we sat around a coffee shop and talked about travel, life, and got to know each other at a deeper level.

If we don't do business together - we are still going to be great friends.

I'm sharing this post because in the past, I simply built a business to chase the money - and I realized that we can still build a business that will bring in the money - but to also keep in mind to work on businesses we enjoy doing.

I enjoy what I do.

And also, how for the first 5 years of being in business, I've been keeping a lot of my contacts as an entrepreneurs online and behind emails.

Now, I found myself today touring solar farm and a distribution center in the middle of a another country, and building deeper relationships with people who are committed to making changes in the world.

Those are the people I enjoy being around. And those are the types of businesses I want to help.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Haven't updated this in a while.

Published a business book talking about the mental/emotional struggles of entrepreneurship. That's live on amazon and I ordered a print copy which should arrive tomorrow.

it's the second version, but still an MVP of sorts. Going to go through the print copy with a highlighter and get edits done that way. The reason I did this is because I used Kindle's print on demand service and they didn't allow me to order pre-release copies such as createspace.

This is going to lead readers into my website/ entrepreneur training academy.

Before doing a marketing push for the book, I'm going to update the front-end of the website to offer a 7-day free trial and I'll be modeling the business model of Team TreeHouse - they have a programming training academy, and it's very effective for them. I reached out to them for potential investment/partnerships. They would be a great mentor and advisor for what I'm turning this into.

I've gotten a lot of great feedback from students, but the feel of the course looks more like an 'info-product' instead of a business school. So I'll be spending Q1-Q2 of this year upgrading content.

I'll be removing the NLP training course as a front-end offer, and instead will use my training in it to solve problems for my demographic.

My app company grew to 1.01 million downloads, but I lost passion to work on that a while ago, so I'm spending some time updating each of the apps, and packaging it up for sale this year to get it in the hands of people who are willing to work on it.

With that being gone, I started a second business under the Limitless brand - partnering up with one of the students I've been training since October. He's super passionate, motivated, and picked up the skills very well. He's an action taker.

Writing a book as a front-end offer for that business - set to be published on February 14th (already up for pre-sale) - and the book will link to the website where I offer a free training on the topic of study, and this leads into a paid training program.

I'm hesitant to work on multiple businesses at once, but my market wants to see that I have a business outside of a business training school - so I'll be using this as a model, and will eventually transition into an advisory role as it grows.

A lot going on, and feel like I'm spreading myself thin here - but I feel by doing so now and putting in these long days, it'll balance itself out in the long run.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011

InspireHD

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Dec 9, 2014
Liked the short videos! The Jump Into Your Fears video really spoke to me tonight. You may have read my progress thread and so I'm getting started with my business. I have no idea where it's going to take me, but I know it's the right thing to do. I feel a lot of anxiety at times because there is going to come a day when I have to decide if I'm going to resign from my stable and comfortable job to take on my business full-time. I get paid really well for what I do, the benefits are some of the best, it's a stable job, insurance is good, etc., but I know that leaving all of that behind will be the right thing to do some day. I'm excited for the possibilities.

My job is the #1 reason why I am where I am. It gave me the income to move out on my own and has changed my life for the better. It's hard to explain, but it's as if I'm only in the position because of that job and I owe myself to that job otherwise I wouldn't have any of it. Like, it's all a dream, and that if I resign I will wake up and I'm back to Day 0. It's an odd feeling.

Anyway, the videos are great! Thanks!

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Like, it's all a dream, and that if I resign I will wake up and I'm back to Day 0. It's an odd feeling.
I made $10,000 the month before I quit my job and I was terrified of taking the leap.

18 months later I was back to zero.

Three months later, I got my business running again.

Eight months after that, I was back to zero.

The next month, I got my business running again.

Now I fear nothing. I think sometimes I purposely jump with both feet forward knowing that I'll fall down hard, just so I know I can live through it. I'm kind of stupid with the decisions I make :D

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Screen Shot 2017-04-04 at 1.24.57 PM.png
April update:
In 2014, I built a fashion magazine that I put on the app store and gained somewhere around 75,000 downloads. I haven't touched it since about March 2014 since it was earning passive income from the content I had out there and I focused on other things. It used a lot of private label content, and wasn't really a brand.

In October 2016, I was traveling through Malaga, Spain where I met a supermodel in an Arabic tea shop. She said she read The Millionaire Fastlane too and we began talking around that. I decided to re-brand the magazine under the Limitless brand and feature her on the cover so she can help grow her brand and gain more clients.

She reached out some of her friends in the fashion/modeling industry including fashion bloggers, playboy, and famous models to include content for the magazine. Just finishing up the first issue of the magazine to help her get her brand out there with the theme of "Inside the life of the supermodel."

Through the stories of these woman, a lot of the things they do are virtually the same as any other business - so I wanted to get that story out there to help people connect with them as real people instead of models that you see, where their life looks perfect on the outside.

Through helping her get her brand out there, I learned:
  • The girls are constantly ridiculed and told they are not pretty enough, too fat, too old, etc. and their confidence is low. In each issue of the magazine, I'm going to include an article to help people boost their inner self-confidence regardless of the judgement they face on the outside. I will link to my book The Cure for Happiness at the end of this article, and offer my services to help them gain confidence.
  • Just a few entrepreneurial skills can turn their freelance modeling careers into a fastlane business (professional website, branding, targeting, networking, etc.). I can help them jumpstart their careers in this sense, which is essentially what I've been doing anyway, but just to a new demographic. I will write articles in each magazine about brand building from my experience and apply it to modeling. At the end of the article, I will link to my book on entrepreneurship and offer my services to help them.
With some entrepreneurial insights and bulletproof confidence, I think these models can become limitless.

Same business plan, different marketing angle.

Outside of this, I have my books as the front end offer, and each morning and night, I'm typing up detailed repsonses on HARO. Got a few replies so far. This should build up over time.

Also, trying to get in touch with Elon Musk to help him with one of his new businesses.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Also, trying to get in touch with Elon Musk to help him with one of his new businesses.

I love that this is an afterthought. Haha. No big deal, just trying to work with the biggest superstar in business. But I have no doubt you'll get in contact with him, you seem to have this way of networking that'll play out well.

I thought you got rid of your Limitless magazine a while ago?

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
I love that this is an afterthought. Haha. No big deal, just trying to work with the biggest superstar in business. But I have no doubt you'll get in contact with him, you seem to have this way of networking that'll play out well.

I thought you got rid of your Limitless magazine a while ago?
Haha I think the hardest part is just getting the email address of his co-founder. Once I get that, I'll have chapter 1 sent over To you!
I sold the fitness one. I built many different magazines in different niches :) many of them are just sitting there.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Sometime last month I got an email from a personal assistant for the FEAR NOT Podcast w/ Billy J. Atwell

I wasn't sure how they found me, but the email came in and we scheduled the interview for today. It turns out he read my book The Cure for Happiness and wanted to bring more information to his audience on my area of expertise. I didn't really plan for the interview and just kind of freestyled it.

I could have done better, but I just went with the flow, being natural, not caring if I wasn't perfect. The fear was gone, so I guess that made me a good candidate for the show lol.

The release date should be in about 8 weeks where I'm sending a free copy of my book as a giveaway for one of the listeners. I'm also going to re-design the home page of my website for the book to give away the first section for free (email opt in) for anyone who's not ready to purchase the book, and then have an email newsletter around that.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.