The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Elon Musk stopped by today...

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
People who wildly flaunt their success on social media usually are doing it to grease young impressionable minds-- it's apart of their business model so they can sell seminars, coaching programs, and memberships.

Anyone can finance a Lamborghini for like $1,200/mo -- certainly not a staggering level of income. My guess is half of these folks are legit, the other half are posers.

ok i understand what you mean and i apologize.

only famous people should show their success because we know for sure that they walk the talk

people like you, Tony Robbins, Jeff Walker, MTV cribs stars and so on.

these people are real success model so them showing their wealth is legitimate, so to speak,

because they are living proof that what they say works.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I would love to see a Warren Buffet cribs episode! Probably cruising in a Lambo to his chopper, a quick fist bump to Charlie and off they go, right..?

Full disclosure - I've actually never seen an episode of cribs lol. I think Ja Rule did cribs though. And he did alright..

G

GuestUser155

I would love to see a Warren Buffet cribs episode! Probably cruising in a Lambo to his chopper, a quick fist bump to Charlie and off they go, right..?

446.jpg

The only Lambo of its kind.

UncleIroh

1079252849 kph
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Oct 20, 2016
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Elon's a superpower. We are all newbies compared to him.

There's not a single billionaire here. I'm not a billionaire, let alone a millionaire.
Why should he EVEN stop here? He's the creator of Paypal, Space X, Solar City, Tesla.

He's a savage. Heck, after the sale of Paypal he could have taken his loot and retired forever. But he didn't. He invested everything into his further ventures and turns out, the guys making Iron Man had to see him. Talk about legacy.

He's in a more higher-tier game. We cannot force him to open doors. Whatever he opens with open and whatever he closes will close.

And he's probably busy working on good projects to benefit all of us. So I'm actually even surprised he even has the time to come here. I know it would be a great honour to meet Elon, but to be honest, some people give more when they are working their a$$ off. EXTRA MORE.

But still the moderators have done a decent job. No MLM crap, no finance guru rehash. Very safe and clean compared to most forums and media feeds.

Didn't you read the thread?

It was a parable...

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Didn't you read the thread?

It was a parable...
If you haven't noticed, we are on the Internet....and he could be reading this RIGHT NOW:jawdrop:

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
If you haven't noticed, we are on the Internet....and he could be reading this RIGHT NOW:jawdrop:

Elon Musk 's time must be too valuable to spend it reading the milionaire fastlane forum anyway

since he is already one of them, he doesn't need to be told how to become a milionaire

unlike us

in fact, this is a little bit scary...

all these guys that are gods of success and we can't even achieve 10 % of what they are doing or have done in their life

they aren't humans anymore.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas

Full disclosure - I've actually never seen an episode of cribs lol. I think Ja Rule did cribs though. And he did alright..
Warren-Buffett-Nebraska-House.jpg

UncleIroh

1079252849 kph
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Oct 20, 2016
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Elon Musk 's time must be too valuable to spend it reading the milionaire fastlane forum anyway

since he is already one of them, he doesn't need to be told how to become a milionaire

unlike us

in fact, this is a little bit scary...

all these guys that are gods of success and we can't even achieve 10 % of what they are doing or have done in their life

they aren't humans anymore.

This forum's purpose is not to be told how to be a millionaire anyways

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Damn guys! It's like some of you didn't even read, digest, and comprehend the original post. You just post crap to get your post count up or just to be heard when no point needs to be made.

I work with 10 -12 year old kids all day that do this level of banter. I would expect a higher level of conversation to take place on a forum such as this. Honestly, it's embarrassing sometimes.

I believe that MJ founded this forum because of the noise, MLM's, sales pitches, and bickering going on over at the RD forums. The signal to noise level ratio used to be pretty low here. I spent many days and nights working with many forum members myself. Now days, not so much. Too many people speaking and not learning and applying.

My hope is that lessons need to be learned in maturity and discernment as to what needs to be posted and what is just noise.

Good luck to all.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
This forum's purpose is not to be told how to be a millionaire anyways

Yup, it's here to help us BECOME a millionaire or in MJ's words get on the "fastlane"... Now, the millionares on this forum are here to help people which is normal to want to share and give advice to others. Musk is helping others by getting people access to electricity and cleaning up the world and at the same time trying to get humanity on mars.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Damn guys! It's like some of you didn't even read, digest, and comprehend the original post. You just post crap to get your post count up or just to be heard when no point needs to be made.

I work with 10 -12 year old kids all day that do this level of banter. i would expect a higher level of conversation to take place on a forum such as this. Honestly, it's embarrassing sometimes.

I believe that MJ founded this forum because of the noise, MLM's, sales pitches, and bickering going on over at the RD forums. The signal to noise level ratio used to be pretty low here. I spent many days and nights working with many forum members myself. Now days, not so much. Too many people speaking and not learning and applying.

My hope is that lessons need to be learned in maturity and discernment as to what needs to be posted and what is just noise.

Good luck to all.

Agreed. There are a few posters here now that I frankly ignore because they just vomit out posts that have no relevance to the thread or any actual value.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Agreed. There are a few posters here now that I frankly ignore because they just vomit out posts that have no relevance to the thread or any actual value.

Same, There's some people that I've noticed over the past few days just throw out so many posts and it seems like rambling rather than trying to share some insight or share their own experiences. I usually try to put some thought behind my posts because I realize that there are people on this forum that can change your life for the better as long you put your best thoughts and efforts forth.

There are good advice posted everywhere in this forum, but at a first glance if I see someone I sometimes also look at the message/liked received ratio to really gauge the person's inputs and sharing on this thread as opposed to only the rep bank..

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
This is truthfully starting to become more of an issue.People are just spamming crap to get their post count up.

Definitely. Three or four posts on one thread in quick succession just to answer one question. I sure hope people don't think post count actually has anything to do with your reputation.

That's the great part about this forum. People see through the bullshit. It's easy after sticking around for a few weeks to see who are the genuinely intelligent and valuable posters.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
This is truthfully starting to become more of an issue.People are just spamming crap to get their post count up.

Post count means nothing here insofar as no one can post "I agree" 100X and get a signature.

We delete stuff when that happens.

We ban self-promoters which unfortunately tends to be some entrepreneurs, but they aren't here to contribute -- they're here to take.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Post count means nothing here insofar as no one can post "I agree" 100X and get a signature.

We ban self-promoters which unfortunately tends to be some entrepreneurs, but they aren't here to contribute -- they're here to take.
I agree MJ and the mods do an over the top job of keeping the spam and self promoters down. I've done it and it's a tough job.

I probably should have been a little more specific about the posts I am referring to. It seems lately I have seen several pissing contests that were pointless.

Disagreeing and making counterpoint is one thing.

Posting to get the last word and proving who is alpha boss is petty, noise, and a waste of everyone's time. Those posts are a mods nightmare.

Need to ask ourselves...will this post just prove my point or will it help someone?

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
I agree MJ and the mods do an over the top job of keeping the spam and self promoters down. I've done it and it's a tough job.

I probably should have been a little more specific about the posts I am referring to. It seems lately I have seen several pissing contests that were pointless.

Posting to get the last word and proving who is alpha boss is petty, noise, and a waste of everyone's time. Those posts are a mods nightmare.

Need to ask ourselves...will this post just prove my point or will it help someone?

I agree, its hard to filter out all of those people who get themselves into a pissing contest. Which I think is human nature its even more apparent in the field of high-level academia. However, we can only try to keep our heads level and share good content like you said.

Sometimes is the issue of our own egos and we get tunnel vision because we are working on something and we only see one route. It's easy to snap back and be not so accepting of other people's advice. What's nice about this forum is that there is a sort of an level of anonymity and we can be the person we strive to be and grow into it on here rather than obsessing who we are now.

I know I have an ego problem and this forum has slapped me in the face a few times and I'm always grateful for it.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

I agree.

(Sorry, I just couldn't resist!)

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

upload_2016-12-2_18-59-49.jpeg

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Well Elon may not have stopped by but, Kirk Du Plessis did and he's checking us out. :)

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
BUUUUUMPPP! IMO this thread is especially relevant now - due to huge inflow of new forum members.
And huge inflows of cringe-worthy posts too, both good and bad!

UNSCRIPTED must have been a blast on the market, to warrant such a move!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
What's a 'good' cringe-worthy quote look like??
Anything that gives you the buzz to provide better value in your biz or look at things in a more meaningful, unique perspective.

When MJ calls on the SCRIPT, for what it is....very cringeworthy.
Or when @biophase or @Walter Hay throws in some good tips that could save you cash and time....also cringeworthy because it was stuff that you usually would get through long trial and error. And with that help, you might not need to. Might.

Or when people talk about what drives them to go on the Fastlane, which is more towards getting the means of providing more for their families and noble causes, rather than fast cars or quick wealth....the buzz comes along....

'Relative value' is the keyword.

Once in a while though, when an OP is acting up, some try to save the thread by tossing lots of gold nuggets in. Here's a good example of this:

GOLD - I have a problem with MJ DeMarco (Follow your passion gets a beatdown)

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
What's a 'good' cringe-worthy quote look like??
Have a look at a user named ‘Tanish’. I dare not summon thy name!

Or really just head over to the landfill, the graveyard of cringe.

SDE

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
514%
Jul 9, 2018
Bump.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.