The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Professional Poker Player looking to enter the Fastlane.

AlexCph

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 24, 2016
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Hi all,

After reading the millionaire fastlane I realized that Im a sidewalker. Spending a bit too much while making good money can be fun, but def doesnt set you up well for business.

For the last ten years I've played poker professionally and made good money over the years only to spend most of it on travelling and enjoying life. Now as poker is becoming less and less profitable because, after all, I dont have the control you can get when you have your own business, Im ready to embark on this new exciting journey of entrepreneurialism.

Im hoping to be part of a community where these kinds of ventures are discussed and debated.

Currently Im in Thailand, where I hope to possibly start something. For now I dont know exactly what I want to do but most likely it will be some form of internet business. I have some app ideas that I wish to share and get feedback on. Its difficult for me to talk about these ideas with friends, as they arent experienced in business either. So I have a hard time differentiating wether someone has some good critical points or is just being a naysayer. Im hoping that I can get some better feedback in circles like these where people are more experienced.

I see that there are some private forums. Could anyone explain to me what they are about and how to get access?

Thanks in advance,

-Alex

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Welcome! This place is definitely a great community of business minded people. I've been here 2 months and already gotten valuable resources to help my budding business.

The private threads are in the INSIDERS section. The INSIDERS section is a paid monthly subscription. I recently signed up for it and it's already paid for itself. The biggest advantage of INSIDERS is that people are more likely to share juicy details that they don't want prying eyes to see. I'd consider getting an INSIDERS sub once you've decided on your business idea.

I'd recommend for now, going through the forum and reading as many of the Gold threads as you can. Definitely ones that relate to marketing and app developement.

While here, make sure you give more than you take. We are definitely more likely to give great advice and criticism when we see you actively help and deliver value. Be sure to click the like/thank button on posts that you feel deliver value anytime you read them. Likes are our currency here.

Look forward to seeing you around.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Ps.. There are a few members with a big Legendary Contributor icon. They have that title for a reason, it's usually wise to listen if they find a pain point in your idea or offer advice.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
Interesting intro. Poker intrigues me a lot - there are a lot of parallels with poker and business.

Where in Thailand are you? I have spent quite a bit of time there. I'm heading to Bali next week. If our paths cross, let's meet for a coffee/drink.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
I've known a few poker players out here. They've all moved on to various parts of the world to try to increase their skillset - but the rollercoaster they have gone through is incredible to me.

If you're in BKK I'll probably be out with some guys on the 10th. Feel free to join

InformationH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jun 20, 2016

SweetTooth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 20, 2014
Whats the inside scoop on Poker in Thailand? I'm flying there this week and can't get a solid answer on where I can play poker there.

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
I remember I used to play on Pokerstars in the US when I was 18. I'm glad it got shut down here because it's addicting!
How's the online market in Thailand? You could be a poker consultant and offer training courses.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The INSIDERS section is a paid monthly subscription.

Actually 3 months is the smallest package.

Could anyone explain to me what they are about and how to get access?

Here: https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/account/upgrades

made good money over the years only to spend most of it on travelling and enjoying life.

Nothing wrong with "travelling and enjoying life" as that is why we are here. We just want to take a different approach with it.

Welcome aboard!

AlexCph

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 24, 2016
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Interesting intro. Poker intrigues me a lot - there are a lot of parallels with poker and business.

Where in Thailand are you? I have spent quite a bit of time there. I'm heading to Bali next week. If our paths cross, let's meet for a coffee/drink.
Yes the great thing about poker is that it gives you skills to better manage anything to do with investments, risk:reward and probabilities. Im in Chiang Mai. For sure let me know if you are in the area and I can PM you my contact info :)

AlexCph

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 24, 2016
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Whats the inside scoop on Poker in Thailand? I'm flying there this week and can't get a solid answer on where I can play poker there.

Poker is illegal in Thailand. Online poker however is under the radar. There are various poker clubs in bangkok that I can recommend you to. They are usually run quite well. Some are more like home games, others are run more professionally with complementary food, drinks and even hot massage girls :)

Contact me on facebook if you want. My FB is Alex Copenhagen. Best way to get in touch with me. :)

AlexCph

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 24, 2016
Chiang Mai, Thailand
I remember I used to play on Pokerstars in the US when I was 18. I'm glad it got shut down here because it's addicting!
How's the online market in Thailand? You could be a poker consultant and offer training courses.

There is hardly an online market in Thailand unfortunately. The thais dont really have the disposable income to play poker despite an increasing middle class. Bodog used to advertise here, but because of the high number of professional poker players based in Thailand, they pulled out of the thai market. The training course idea however isnt bad. There are some successful poker instructional sites active currently such as Run It Once, Deuces Cracked and Cardrunners.

AlexCph

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 24, 2016
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics