The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Adwords - $1200 in 7 days!

Marketing, social media, advertising

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Hey peeps!

Most of you know me from my FB ads exploits but in the last month or so I have been focusing more time on Google Adwords. It's a real beast and according to one chap on Udemy - generates 97% of Google's total revenue.

The Adwords model is completely different to that on FB. FB users like impulses. Adwords customers are savvier and know what they want. This requires a shift in your thinking.

I spent over $1100 on ads before seeing any results. This is called buying data and we learnt a lot from it. Our testing found that Search Ads don't convert nearly as well as Product Listed Ads or PLAs. These are the shopping suggestions you see on the top/side.

I took a product that's crushed it on FB (over $650,000 in sales to date) and ran it on Google. If it works you don't need to reinvent the wheel. Sell a product then find more ways to sell it. Don't move onto the next item because you've done all the hard work.

It's only $1200 in 7 days but it's the sweetest money you ever make. I still get a thrill from cracking the code. Soon we'll be doing that a day and adding more zeros to it.

Big shout out to @Andy Black and his Adwords tips. They really helped us.

Post your questions below and I'll answer what I can.

Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 12.17.30.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 12.17.30.png
    204.2 KB · Views: 38

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey peeps!

Most of you know me from my FB ads exploits but in the last month or so I have been focusing more time on Google Adwords. It's a real beast and according to one chap on Udemy - generates 97% of Google's total revenue.

The Adwords model is completely different to that on FB. FB users like impulses. Adwords customers are savvier and know what they want. This requires a shift in your thinking.

I spent over $1100 on ads before seeing any results. This is called buying data and we learnt a lot from it. Our testing found that Search Ads don't convert nearly as well as Product Listed Ads or PLAs. These are the shopping suggestions you see on the top/side.

I took a product that's crushed it on FB (over $650,000 in sales to date) and ran it on Google. If it works you don't need to reinvent the wheel. Sell a product then find more ways to sell it. Don't move onto the next item because you've done all the hard work.

It's only $1200 in 7 days but it's the sweetest money you ever make. I still get a thrill from cracking the code. Soon we'll be doing that a day and adding more zeros to it.

Big shout out to @Andy Black and his Adwords tips. They really helped us.

Post your questions below and I'll answer what I can.

Thanks.
$1,200 revenue or profit?

Either way, well done @Sanj Modha on getting your head round AdWords!

I'm glad my stuff helped. Thanks for reading and the shout out.

What helped the most? What articles or concepts helped you transition from Facebook to paid search?

I'm curious because I don't do much with Product Listing Ads or eCommerce. I only have one eCommerce client left as I've been letting them churn out so I can focus on lead gen instead (generating phone calls or email form fills).

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
$1,200 revenue or profit?

Either way, well done @Sanj Modha on getting your head round AdWords!

I'm glad my stuff helped. Thanks for reading and the shout out.

What helped the most? What articles or concepts helped you transition from Facebook to paid search?

I'm curious because I don't do much with Product Listing Ads or eCommerce. I only have one eCommerce client left as I've been letting them churn out so I can focus on lead gen instead (generating phone calls or email form fills).

That's revenue. I'm working with another guy on this who's doing the numbers. He's not online yet so I'll get the profit off him. It should be around $300 on that $1200. Ad spend is low too.

I'm still doing a lot on FB since that's my bread and butter but everyone needs Adwords. It's a real beast and it converts. I'd say FB is easier to some extent (less competition, easier to sell to impulse buyers) but there are lot more variables to control. I like Google because it's built to sell.

I'm actually more stoked at making money off Adwords. We can optimize the rest and pump out more profits over the coming days.

To be honest, I've mastered a lot of ecommerce concepts so I focus on traffic sources now. I feel traffic makes 50% of my business decisions. There are products that sell like hot cakes on FB but die on Adwords. You learn that with experience.

I bought a couple of courses off Udemy to get me started. Here they are (no aff link):

https://www.udemy.com/the-ultimate-google-adwords-training-course/

https://www.udemy.com/google-adwords-for-beginners-and-businesses/

I'd recommend the first one since Isaac is a real badass with Adwords. Sara is way too simplistic in her approach and we cannot get Search Ads to convert. If you read the comments others say the same too.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.