The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How can a 16 year old find a cofounder

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Johnjohnson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
May 2, 2015
How do I find a cofounder? They don't have to be technical or anything, I just don't want to be alone in this. At this point, Im interviewing my target market to validate the idea. I'm located in Boston just in case anyone near there is interested.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheGrind

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 20, 2016
Go to a local networking event. Use your age to your advantage, highlighting that you're new to the scene and full of energy. Develop a relationship and then offer a cofounder spot. That's what I'd do.

You can find networking events near you on meetup.com

Alxander

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Mar 5, 2015
Like TheGrind said.

I'd try to find a person that is like you, same age and same passion; then find an older mentor or something to guide you both. Just so you don't have to be alone, but at the same time grow together and have some synergy.

Johnjohnson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
May 2, 2015
Like TheGrind said.

I'd try to find a person that is like you, same age and same passion; then find an older mentor or something to guide you both. Just so you don't have to be alone, but at the same time grow together and have some synergy.

Thanks for your response. I've tried searching the Internet for hours for teens in Massachusetts interested in entrepreneurship, but I can't find anyone who isn't already owning a company. Do you have any tips for finding teens in my local area who are at my level and share my interest?

Johnjohnson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
May 2, 2015
Go to a local networking event. Use your age to your advantage, highlighting that you're new to the scene and full of energy. Develop a relationship and then offer a cofounder spot. That's what I'd do.

Thanks, man. I went in Meetup and attended 2 events. But, everyone there was an adult who was already working on a company. How do I find people my age who are interested?

Daytraderz

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 11, 2016
Virginia
When you find a potential co-founder, make sure you guys agree on the business's philosophies, on the mission and goals, these things are critical for you to focus on this day and age because you want people to believe what you believe, not just buy your products, that's how you maximize growth and returns. I'm not saying this guy need's to agree with everything you say, because that's bad, you want him to think constructively with you and offer new and different ideas and be able to effectively communicate, listen, and understand.

Mr4213

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 9, 2016
I'm 19 and have dealt with many partners. Here is my advice based on what I have encountered.

Do not jump at the first opportunity. Make sure you know this person more than a day. Make sure they are down for the grind. Most people give up after a day or two.

I understand not wanting to be alone in it. But you need to make sure you have a good reason for getting a cofounder. A shitty cofounder does more harm than good.

Find a partner with a good skill set and mentality that can be utilized for the benefit of the company.

TheGrind

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 20, 2016
Thanks, man. I went in Meetup and attended 2 events. But, everyone there was an adult who was already working on a company. How do I find people my age who are interested?
In my area, there's "young entrepreneur" meetups or something of that nature. I'm assuming you don't have that? If you don't, create one! You'll surely be able to find someone there!

Bytesunfish

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
263%
Jun 6, 2016
Fresno CA
Welcome!

I want to encourage you to be very cautious with who you pick as a partner. There is absolutely nothing wrong with working with others, but a good partner can motivate and accellerate you while a bad one can drag you down while taking half of your profits. Whomever you choose, be sure to have a written agreement that talks about who will be responsible for what and what will happen if the other abandons the business.

avilux

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 8, 2016

MEETUPS are an incredible thing! One of the clients I worked with allowed us to sponsor a networking event twice and we were able to meet so many wonderful people there that turned out to be great prospects! Super hot leads and you can honestly find anything you want there. Clients, jobs, friends, dates, it's crazy. Networking events are a MUST for any entrepreneur. Connecting with people and social circle is really important.

Greg Black

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
325%
Aug 24, 2016
Bournemouth, UK.
How do I find a cofounder? They don't have to be technical or anything, I just don't want to be alone in this. At this point, Im interviewing my target market to validate the idea. I'm located in Boston just in case anyone near there is interested.

Consider becoming an Intrapreneur first. Find a company where you can start an entrepreneurial venture within an existing structure.

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015

hey im located in boston (in east boston right now) ill meet up with ya if you want

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.