The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Affiliate Programs/Networks Advise

Marketing, social media, advertising

M.Khair

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 25, 2016
Hey Folks,

First, let me give you an overview of the product I am dealing with. By the end of last year, I was able to secure the distribution rights for a removable dental veneer. It is basically like contact lenses but for teeth. So if you are dissatisfied with your teeth color, shape or look, you can use our product to "mask" it. some people use it every day all day, and some others use it only on occasions where they would be taking photos (Think photo shoots, weddings, graduations and such).

It is a rather expensive product due to the technology and materials involved in its making, and the "custom made" nature of the product.

Here's the website that I was able to make (unfortunately I can't afford a professional made website, so I had to learn and do my best)

http://ksmile.ca/

MY QUESTIONS

1) I was thinking maybe I could join an affiliate network and leverage their publishers to generate sales. is there any affiliate programs that you guys recommend (There seem to be hundreds of them, I really liked Commission Junction but I can't afford the $2,000 now). any advice on how to get the wheel rolling would be much appreciated.

2) Any recommendation/critique for the website would be great. Again, I am tight on budget. I wish I could have a professional make the instruction videos for me, but this is the first thing I will do once revenue come in.

I am so excited and scared at the same time... what a beautiful feeling.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hughjasle

AutoPilot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Dec 25, 2012
Anywhere with internet
Interesting idea. CJ, share-a-sale, etc. they all work. But just posting your offer on there won't get you sales. I like the idea of the product, but that site was terrible and hard to understand what it really is. I'm still not 100% on what the product is, just guessing, and I have decent background in dental...

You need to try and makes sales first yourself IMO

M.Khair

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 25, 2016
Interesting idea. CJ, share-a-sale, etc. they all work. But just posting your offer on there won't get you sales. I like the idea of the product, but that site was terrible and hard to understand what it really is. I'm still not 100% on what the product is, just guessing, and I have decent background in dental...

Thanks for the feedback!

I know you are not going to do my job, but if you could give me your opinion on how would you change the website. What would you like to see added as a customer?

Thanks for your time!

EDIT:

I Personally would have loved to make a video explaining exactly what it is, and the difference between both products and post it on the homepage. HOWEVER, I don't have the budget, and I am a terrible actor that would end up doing more harm than good.

Last edited:

hughjasle

AutoPilot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Dec 25, 2012
Anywhere with internet
I'd change it all. Start from scratch and make a site JUST for the one product. Make it clear what the product is and what it does. Lots of before and after pictures and a video showing the same.

Then add some bullet points that help answer FAQ's and help sell it. Like sales price, how long it takes to get it, how long it lasts, what they need to do.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

M.Khair

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 25, 2016
I'd change it all. Start from scratch and make a site JUST for the one product. Make it clear what the product is and what it does. Lots of before and after pictures and a video showing the same.

Then add some bullet points that help answer FAQ's and help sell it. Like sales price, how long it takes to get it, how long it lasts, what they need to do.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Again, Thanks for the input !

I will Update my FAQ (http://ksmile.ca/faq/) page to answer how long it takes to get the product, and brainstorm about more questions that might be asked. I've also noticed that I don't have a CLEAR bottom directing people from the homepage to the FAQ.

I will also try to make the Procedures (http://ksmile.ca/procedures/) page a bit more clear, to reflect how easy it is to take ones impression.

I will also work on making a small diagram explaining how easy it is to order and put it on the main page.

also talking to the main office in Germany and requesting some before and after is a great idea.

Hughjasle, but don;t you think enrolling in an affiliate network would help with few sales, giving me more resources to work with (since I already depleted what very little I had) ? I understand I have to EARN every sale.

hughjasle

AutoPilot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Dec 25, 2012
Anywhere with internet
Hughjasle, but don;t you think enrolling in an affiliate network would help with few sales, giving me more resources to work with (since I already depleted what very little I had) ? I understand I have to EARN every sale.
Maybe? I'm not the best person to ask on that as I personally wouldn't have touched a product like yours when I was running affiliate offers.

To better explain my thinking when I was an affiliate, I would only run offers that were proven. Offers I knew others were running successfully and I could do the same.

There are plenty of affiliates out there who do the opposite of what I did though. They like finding hidden offers like yours and finding those diamonds in the rough as there is little competition to start with and they can cash in big if they find one that does well.

M.Khair

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 25, 2016

From your experience, how would I start doing that for a product like mine?

I've thought about contacting youtubers/bloggers directly and make a deal with them, but for that to happen, I will definitely need a more polished website, which is currently out of my reach.

hughjasle

AutoPilot
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Dec 25, 2012
Anywhere with internet
From your experience, how would I start doing that for a product like mine?
Well, wouldn't be fair to tell you what I'd do as I've been running traffic online for a couple years now and have invested lots of time and money into learning all I can about it and gaining as much experience as I can into it.

BUT that said, I'd make funnel with the first page like I said above, NOT a full site like you have. Then I'd start running lots of traffic to make it work.

You have at least one thing going for you, people want nice looking teeth. Just have to give it to them and make them thing the exchange is worth it to them.

M.Khair

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 25, 2016
Well, wouldn't be fair to tell you what I'd do as I've been running traffic online for a couple years now and have invested lots of time and money into learning all I can about it and gaining as much experience as I can into it.

BUT that said, I'd make funnel with the first page like I said above, NOT a full site like you have. Then I'd start running lots of traffic to make it work.

You have at least one thing going for you, people want nice looking teeth. Just have to give it to them and make them thing the exchange is worth it to them.

Fair enough! I will do some reading about how to make an effective funnel !

Thank you so much for your time! Much appreciated!

Jeremy Groover

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Nov 26, 2014
Orlando Florida
Hey Folks,

First, let me give you an overview of the product I am dealing with. By the end of last year, I was able to secure the distribution rights for a removable dental veneer. It is basically like contact lenses but for teeth. So if you are dissatisfied with your teeth color, shape or look, you can use our product to "mask" it. some people use it every day all day, and some others use it only on occasions where they would be taking photos (Think photo shoots, weddings, graduations and such).

It is a rather expensive product due to the technology and materials involved in its making, and the "custom made" nature of the product.

Here's the website that I was able to make (unfortunately I can't afford a professional made website, so I had to learn and do my best)

http://ksmile.ca/

MY QUESTIONS

1) I was thinking maybe I could join an affiliate network and leverage their publishers to generate sales. is there any affiliate programs that you guys recommend (There seem to be hundreds of them, I really liked Commission Junction but I can't afford the $2,000 now). any advice on how to get the wheel rolling would be much appreciated.

2) Any recommendation/critique for the website would be great. Again, I am tight on budget. I wish I could have a professional make the instruction videos for me, but this is the first thing I will do once revenue come in.

I am so excited and scared at the same time... what a beautiful feeling.

Well to start with, the pretty girl in the background isn't even smiling. It also doesn't look like she has your product.

The page isn't the worse. I would say good job on your first try, but I wouldn't buy from your site. It's just a little too amateurish. Get some better copy on it. Also, get a better page setup. The whole front section that scrolls over the picture reminds me of an early 2000's MySpace page. All you need is a cheesy popular song and a poll of yourself and its a 13 year olds MySpace page. Who are you trying to target? Get your demos in the pictures. Not just a pretty girl that has nice teeth. Put the FAQ on the front page if need be. Answer the most common ones in the pitch so they don't even have to ask them. Also, pricing needs to be visible when I first look at the page. Don't squeeze the 2 products together. Separate them and then compare the 2 products with pros and cons, or give a clear statement on who would need what product for their wants or type of mouth.

Jeremy

M.Khair

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 25, 2016
Well to start with, the pretty girl in the background isn't even smiling. It also doesn't look like she has your product.

The page isn't the worse. I would say good job on your first try, but I wouldn't buy from your site. It's just a little too amateurish. Get some better copy on it. Also, get a better page setup. The whole front section that scrolls over the picture reminds me of an early 2000's MySpace page. All you need is a cheesy popular song and a poll of yourself and its a 13 year olds MySpace page. Who are you trying to target? Get your demos in the pictures. Not just a pretty girl that has nice teeth. Put the FAQ on the front page if need be. Answer the most common ones in the pitch so they don't even have to ask them. Also, pricing needs to be visible when I first look at the page. Don't squeeze the 2 products together. Separate them and then compare the 2 products with pros and cons, or give a clear statement on who would need what product for their wants or type of mouth.

Jeremy

Thank you for your well thought feedback.
I will work on it! cheers

HoneyBadger

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
201%
Jul 14, 2016
Florida
Why don't you offer 50% commission to dental offices that refer their customers to you? you can even send them impression kits for them to have the customers do right in the dental office. The dentist could offer it to patients who can't afford real veneers.

In that way you'd be having to only sell one person (or company) and then they will be doing all the selling for you to the most targeted customers with the added effect of the dentist having much more authority than a random website.

Last edited:

M.Khair

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 25, 2016
Your very welcome! Your on the right path! Keep digging at it and make it work. You have a desirable product, just figure out a way to sell it.

Digging at it untill it works is exactly the plan !

Why don't you offer 50% commission to dental offices that refer their customers to you? you can even send them impression kits for them to have the customers do right in the dental office. The dentist could offer it to patients who can't afford real veneers.

In that way you'd be having to only sell one person (or company) and then they will be doing all the selling for you to the most targeted customers with the added effect of the dentist having much more authority than a random website.

Thanks for suggestion HoneyBadger. That Idea had occurred to me a while back, but i had decided to let it go for couple of reasons :

1) Dentists usually put a HUGE markup on any product they sell. For example the lab cost for Invisalign is $1,700 and the dentist sells it to his patient for anywhere between $5,000 - $8,000 . They operate with such a high mark up to cover their overhead. which basically means that my product is going to end-up so over priced, and not appealing to the casual consumer anymore (more than it already is).

2) Dentists usually have an issue with selling "cosmotic" items, I would have to spin it off as a "medical device." I've gotten that vibe from the dentists i met in 2 tradeshows that i went to show case the product.

Best thanks for the suggestion! helps me with the brainstorming !

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.